[ RELEASED] Dreams in the Witch House

Started by rongel, Mon 21/08/2017 14:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

rongel

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 17/07/2021 20:03:33
Actually, social media is irrelevant to sales. Unlike popular belief. You can check a study that concludes to that since last year. SM helps create a sense of community which supports your things, but in terms of it revolving into sales it's not.
Interesting view! The line between promoting a game and doing social media seems fuzzy, but there's still a difference, I think. This could be a good topic on its own.
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

rongel

Hello!

Sorry for the silence, here's something new! I posted this on Facebook a while ago, so some might have seen it already. So it's not that new after all, now that I think about it.  :~(

Can you guess where Walter is? This mystery location is a big one, consisting from several other rooms.  It's also the last missing piece of the game, and it's slowly coming together now!

rongel

Quote from: TheFrighter on Fri 03/09/2021 18:10:34

Is it a maze?

I wouldn't call it a maze (nobody seems to like mazes), more like a complex of rooms connected together. Nothing too big or overwhelming. But there is some randomness how the place is built in each gameplay.

rongel

Hello everyone!

The last dream world is ready! All the locations and mechanics are now finished and the game is fully playable from beginning to end.

Now all that's left to do is to finish the music and sound effects, play testing, bug fixing, general polishing, spell checking, finishing the animations, marketing, even more play testing and bug fixing etc. ...

The Last To Know

Congratulations on this milestone! I'm really looking forward to the game. I assume it won't be released this year though?

cacaro

Wonderful news, I've been looking forward to this game since you announced it. Should you need a tester, I'm available.

rongel

Quote from: The Last To Know on Wed 01/12/2021 12:31:50
Congratulations on this milestone! I'm really looking forward to the game. I assume it won't be released this year though?
Thanks! Yes, the release will be (early?) next year. And I know I've said that before, but this time I really mean it! Hopefully all the heavy lifting will be done before Christmas holidays.

Quote from: cacaro on Wed 01/12/2021 13:00:01
Wonderful news, I've been looking forward to this game since you announced it. Should you need a tester, I'm available.
Nice to hear that! And I keep you in mind if I need more testers!

TheFrighter

Quote from: rongel on Wed 01/12/2021 14:50:27
Nice to hear that! And I keep you in mind if I need more testers!
[/quote]

Just ask!  8-)

_

rongel

Tell your friends, tell your family, the Steam page for Dreams in the Witch House is up!

WISHLIST ON STEAM: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1902850/Dreams_in_the_Witch_House/?beta=0

And as you can see, the name of the game is now "Dreams in the Witch House" like it always should have been.

Nowhere Girl

I wonder if it won't be too scaaaaaarrrryyy (I get frightened easily and have played a few horror games, but have never been able to watch a horror movie), but I love the graphics. Good old low-res pixel art - it is so much better than all this 3D...
Maybe you could also add a hint book file to the game? It's really complex, and I would like to see all the different endings...

rongel

Quote from: Postmodern Adventures on Mon 21/02/2022 12:44:50
Wishlisted!

Super, thanks!  :-D

Quote from: Nowhere Girl on Mon 21/02/2022 14:35:34
I wonder if it won't be too scaaaaaarrrryyy (I get frightened easily and have played a few horror games, but have never been able to watch a horror movie), but I love the graphics. Good old low-res pixel art - it is so much better than all this 3D...
Maybe you could also add a hint book file to the game? It's really complex, and I would like to see all the different endings...

I don't think it's too scary, but that's of course a subjective thing...  :-D I would say it's more atmospheric than scary.
Hopefully after its release there will be walkthroughs and guides. I do want that there's some challenge, so that players have motivation to try again to get a better ending. It's a delicate balance, and it's constantly changing.

Matti

Wishlisted!

I'm very much looking forward to this game  :)

Nowhere Girl

Anyway, this looks like a game with a huge replay value.

rongel

Quote from: Matti on Mon 21/02/2022 16:37:38
Wishlisted!

I'm very much looking forward to this game  :)
Thanks, great to hear that!

Quote from: Nowhere Girl on Mon 21/02/2022 18:41:00
Anyway, this looks like a game with a huge replay value.
I hope so! It has definetely more replay value than a "classic", linear adventure game. I enjoy playing linear games, but wanted to try something a bit different here.

Mandle

Quote from: rongel on Tue 22/02/2022 08:08:49
I hope so! It has definetely more replay value than a "classic", linear adventure game. I enjoy playing linear games, but wanted to try something a bit different here.

Well, I've been replaying the game for years now and yet still I'm waiting with bells on for the next test build to play all over again.

I NEED to play it again! I'm so addicted.

Are you Nyarlathotep infecting the world with this game to bring about the rise of the Great Old Ones?

I think you are.... Yes, you are.

Mandle

shaun9991

Looks amazing rongel, instantly wishlisted :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

rongel

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 22/02/2022 08:54:31
Well, I've been replaying the game for years now and yet still I'm waiting with bells on for the next test build to play all over again.

I NEED to play it again! I'm so addicted.

Are you Nyarlathotep infecting the world with this game to bring about the rise of the Great Old Ones?

I think you are.... Yes, you are.

Yes, your enthusiasm has been a great motivation and a signal that there's still things to do and try after several playthroughs!
As for the latter comment, I'm not allowed to reveal it yet.  :-D

Quote from: shaun9991 on Tue 22/02/2022 10:51:56
Looks amazing rongel, instantly wishlisted :)
Thanks Shaun, very nice to hear that! Also, Incantamentum has been on my wishlist for awhile now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk