There is a new version of the forums ready for testing. Please post here if you're willing to help test! We could also use the help of coders!

Author Topic: Dreams in the Witch House - DEMO OUT NOW!  (Read 69458 times)

newwaveburritos

• Party Weekend
    • newwaveburritos worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Dreams in the Witch House
« Reply #220 on: 22 Feb 2022, 20:59 »
Ah, excellent.  Following the development has ben quite exciting so obviously I wish-listed it as well.  Good luck finishing up! That's the hardest part after all of the other hardest parts.

« Reply #221 on: 23 Feb 2022, 09:34 »
Ah, excellent.  Following the development has ben quite exciting so obviously I wish-listed it as well.  Good luck finishing up!
Thanks, really appreciate it!

That's the hardest part after all of the other hardest parts.
Well put!  :-D

« Reply #222 on: 23 Feb 2022, 11:56 »
Finally! ;-D Wishlisted, can't wait!

« Reply #223 on: 23 Feb 2022, 13:16 »
Finally! ;-D Wishlisted, can't wait!
Super, thanks! Yes, I kept postponing the all the publishing related stuff, so getting the Steam page up is a big mental victory already!

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #224 on: 23 Feb 2022, 19:27 »
mental victory

Given the genre, I assume that's where the Great Old Ones win the victory, and the protagonist ends up mental?  (laugh)

javixblack

• don't go out!!!
« Reply #225 on: 23 Feb 2022, 20:00 »
wonderful news!! wishlisted!!!!

« Reply #226 on: 24 Feb 2022, 08:39 »
wonderful news!! wishlisted!!!!

Thank you very much! And a nice looking vest by the way  :-D

« Reply #227 on: 30 Apr 2022, 17:21 »
Happy May Eve from Keziah Mason and the gang!

Walpurgisnacht is upon us and evil spirits roam the night. So watch out, lock your doors and keep your candles burning!

Also, I'm back making the game full-time after a long work assignment. And this time I won't stop until the game is released!

« Reply #228 on: 01 May 2022, 17:06 »
I've seen that you are posting updates on Twitter as well, but I can't find it. (I often check game Twitter accounts in private mode, because in Firefox the most commonly visited sites are under the URL bar - and I want some more useful sites there, such as news, online dictionary etc.) Could you post a link to your Twitter account here?

« Reply #229 on: 01 May 2022, 21:42 »
I've seen that you are posting updates on Twitter as well, but I can't find it. (I often check game Twitter accounts in private mode, because in Firefox the most commonly visited sites are under the URL bar - and I want some more useful sites there, such as news, online dictionary etc.) Could you post a link to your Twitter account here?

Oops! I thought I had added it to my AGS profile, but had not. Fixed now! Here's also an old fashioned link to Atom Brain Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/atombraingames

I'm making updates there more frequently, but I will (of course) keep this forum updated as well on all the important things.

« Reply #230 on: 01 May 2022, 22:00 »
Also, I'm back making the game full-time after a long work assignment. And this time I won't stop until the game is released!
Cool. I can't wait to have nightmares in the witch house.

« Reply #232 on: 13 May 2022, 12:05 »
Cool. I can't wait to have nightmares in the witch house.
Yes, the dreams are not happy day dreams!

By the way, I wonder about one thing. There's a library in the game. Will we get to actually look inside some of the books? I really enjoy these in-book views in some games, especially because I'm an avid screenshot collector:
Sorry for the wait, somehow I missed your question! Yes, the Miskatonic University library has a big role in the game. But no, there are no close-ups of these books. You can read them, and Walter will gain skill points (exams / math / occult) and sometimes he will give a summary of what he read. But the good news is that, later on, there is a very significant book that has a similar close up, and you can add it to your book close-up gallery!

« Reply #233 on: 13 May 2022, 12:10 »
Breaking news:

Dreams in the Witch House will be participating in the Steam Next Fest, starting June 13th. That means there will be a demo out in one month!

Hobo

« Reply #234 on: 13 May 2022, 14:35 »
That's great to hear! Would love to see how the game plays and feels!

« Reply #235 on: 22 May 2022, 12:31 »
Just a little heads up, I'm looking for a few testers for the demo. If you are interested, check out the recruitment page: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=59997.0

That's great to hear! Would love to see how the game plays and feels!

Now's your chance!  :-D

« Reply #236 on: 26 May 2022, 16:21 »
Too bad I haven't noticed it before...
Will you be looking for testers for the whole game too? Somewhere in the autumn, I think, when it's almost ready... I'd be happy to test the game then.

« Reply #237 on: 28 May 2022, 08:29 »
Too bad I haven't noticed it before...
Will you be looking for testers for the whole game too? Somewhere in the autumn, I think, when it's almost ready... I'd be happy to test the game then.

Yes, I probably need more fresh testers for the full game. I try to remember to contact you when the time comes!

PS. Demo coming very soon!  :-D

« Reply #238 on: 02 Jun 2022, 12:13 »
Dear AGS folks, it's happening: DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE DEMO IS OUT NOW!

Get it in Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1902850/Dreams_in_the_Witch_House/

So happy to finally share (a part of) the game with you! This is my first time releasing a game, so I'm equally excited and terrified right now. But let me know what you think, I'm really curious to hear your comments!

Here's also a new trailer for the demo:

Go and play!

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #239 on: 02 Jun 2022, 13:02 »
It's so cute that you are terrified. The game is solid and awesome. So get over your fear and embrace the madness that lies beyond it.