Adventure Game Longplays (mostly AGS)

Started by selmiak, Tue 22/08/2017 12:50:18

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFrighter

You add a nice opening too, Selmiak!(laugh)

_

lorenzo

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 16/02/2018 23:07:06
I stumbled across your playthrough of my game "The Adventures Of The Black Hand Gang" on youtube yesterday and just wanted to say thanks for the honour and thanks for playing through the whole book!
I loved that book as a kid! Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore.
I have to play your game adaptation of it!

cat

Quote from: lorenzo on Sat 17/02/2018 19:44:16
I loved that book as a kid! Unfortunately, I don't have it anymore.
I have to play your game adaptation of it!
Yes please, do play it! If you liked the books, you will enjoy the game.

selmiak

@Mandle:
The book is great and I am very thankful you made this game! Playing it brought back many good memories. And it is just the perfect book for an adventure game.
Hehe, mistyping is mean, especially when you record the gameplay and want to play it good ;) Indeed I didn't notice I mistyped and then skipped it iirc...

@NickyNyce:
I have inside already and played the demo already and it is really cool. I haven't come around to complete it though. No idea if I record the gameplay after all. The limbo videos seem to be not that interesting for my viewers, almost no views on the videos, and cutting these vids also takes time. But in the end, when I really like inside, I'll probably record it anyways, just to have it on my channel :)

@TheFrighther:

@lorenzo;
Listen to what cat said ;)

I recorded some more longplays since my last video post in this thread. I'll pick some and post some more tomorrow :)

Mandle

Thanks all for the good words on the game.

I made it just after I discovered AGS so it is a bit rough around the edges, having no audio or fancy bits. I remember I was rushing to get it finished at 3AM or so a few hours before I had to leave for the airport for a trip back to Australia.

I decided to leave it as it is though so if anyone wants to play it with music then just put on your own selection while playing like you would when reading a book in real life. I prefer silence when I'm reading though.

selmiak

and here are some more AGS Game Longplays of Game you might not even have heard of and should play :)

Hjarta ~ The Cosmonaut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j11Koz74mc
Hjarta draws you into a nicely drawn world featuring 3 Episodes, each will have it's own longplay video on this channel.
This Episode features "The Cosmonaut" and his quest through space to find a mysterious orb and the love of his life. Help him solve some interesting and some mean puzzles to complete his quest.

bird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2dOkWyGIYE
This is a funny weird game with quite some optical Illusions included and also Eadweard Muybridge's galopping horse in once scene and bending and warping lines and forms in another.

The Black Hand Gang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khhAIKj_3qs
The Black Hand Gang is a well known children's book by H.J. Press about a gang of young detectives that catch all kind of bad guys. The reader is invited to find the clues and solve the mystery with the gang.
Mandle turned this into a game. I loved the book as a kid and he did too and so will you and your kids love the stories and riddles and this new interactive format for the book.
Also you are invited to read and play along with me, I let every page stay for 10-15 seconds, so you can pause the video, read the text, solve the question in the bottom left and then continue. Enjoy! :)
Or even better, go play the game and take this video as a recommendation and not as a guide. There is no way to die in the game, it's like reading and turning a page. And you can read all 4 episodes called "The Mysterious House", "The Treasure in Breezy Lake", "The Smuggler's Tunnel" and "A Theft at the Zoo".

Chance of the Dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTIvXbX5-g
Chance of the Dead is a cute and very wordy game about a cheerleader that is brought back to life from her way too soon death and she gets a second chance. It all ends in a bake off contest and you solve some puzzles while the entertaining and a bit too wordy story keeps you on track. Some funny SFX and a fitting soundtrack make it a game you should be playing now and not watching the longplay and getting spoiled. Find the download link below...

selmiak

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk