Harry Potter RPG by Marion

Started by Wiggy, Tue 12/09/2017 01:23:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiggy

Is there a "Good" ending for this game? This is a great AGS game, with a couple of annoying bugs - see below - but the only endings I've been able to find are: (may constitute spoilers so I'll hide this)

Spoiler
Bad endings; send 3 students to the infirmary and be expelled; send 3 adults to St. Munro's and be sent to Azkerban; attack Voldemort when back in London at Malfoy's mansion - "game over".
OK endings; sit exams with less than 20 average and work in the ministery of magic; sit exams with 20 or more
average (more than 20 should not be possible IMHO but is possible - see "bugs") and become the Minister of Magic.
I have completed the 4 missions asked by the Order of the Phoenix/deatheaters, found the runic ring and unicorn horn, bought the seeds, completed the 4 student side-quests, found the secret passage to the Shrieking Shack and explored everywhere.
[close]

The only way to get to Sirius Black's apartment (i.e. leave Hogwart's) that I found was by killing an NPC (Lucius Malfoy), and once you leave Hogwart's you cannot go back, even with the train ticket.

I must have missed something, surely. Any ideas?

Bugs (possibly "undocumented features"):
Spoiler
Game crashes in the library after opening the restricted area entrance with the following message:
In "room23.asc", line 208 Error: NewRoom: Cannot run this command, since there was a NewRoom command already queued to run in "room23.asc", line 196
Sometimes crashes in Hogwarts Express with similar error, but if game is saved prior and re-loaded, sometimes it continues. Go figure!
Able to repeatedly use shelf in Auroa's Office to gain +2 Charms each time, same with crystal ball +2 Divination in Headmaster's office, to raise average to above 20.
[close]

Marion

There is really no "bad" or "good" endings, it all depends on your success, your relationships, your side in the war, what you wanted to accomplish :) The best you can have, I think, is :

Spoiler
minister of magic
[close]

I already fixed the library bug, I will try to fix the others. Thank you !! :)

Marion

In order to got to Black's House you can

Spoiler
take the Knight Bus, at the right of the street of the Leaky Cauldron
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk