My forum avatar was deleted. When I upload a new one it just goes to no avatar.

Started by Ghostcat, Mon 18/09/2017 00:20:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostcat

Hi,

My forum avatar was deleted. I tried to put it in again (uploading a 120 x 120 file) and every time I click save it just switches back to no avi.

Any ideas what happened?
p o l t e r g e i s t

Gilbert

As far as I remember, our forums do not provide any upload space for things like avatar images, so you need to upload them to some image hosting sites(or, your own web space, in case you have it) that allow hot-linking, and then put the online link to the image in your profile.

First check whether you reference the image in your local storage (such as "C:\My Image\myavatar.png"). No one can see it if this is the case. Even after the image is uploaded to an image hosting site, further check that the site allows hot-linking and that the url is that of the hot-linkable image, not that of an "image page" the site provides for you to view the image in a web page.

Ghostcat

Thanks, but I'm already aware of how that works there and did it all right, yet still it kept doing it.
p o l t e r g e i s t

Snarky

Quote from: Ghostcat on Mon 18/09/2017 00:20:06it just switches back to no avi.

Avi? As in a video file? You can't use that. If you want an animated avatar it has to be a gif. Why don't you try putting the image you want in a post to see if it works there?

Kitty Trouble

Pretty sure avi is just ahort for avatar, but Snarky has a point, maybe the file type isn't one supported. What is the URL of the image?

AGA

As people have said, without more details about the image (and host) you're trying to use, not much we can do to help.

Trample Pie

I'm getting this bug now myself. I'm trying to change my avatar to this image here:

When I paste it in (as https://i.imgur.com/VpqaneA.png ) and press enter the page refreshes and goes back to no avatar selected.

When I don't press enter and click on change profile it does the same. I've tried it in Firefox, Chrome and Brave.

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk