Author Topic: Joe Rogan guest discussion thread  (Read 655 times)

Gurok

• Rottwheelers
  • When life hands you lemons, combine them with the mop
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2016, for improving and extending the AGS scripting language
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with scripting
    • Gurok worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Gurok worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Joe Rogan guest discussion thread
« Reply #20 on: 06 Mar 2019, 02:33 »
Why is everybody picking on this humble water filter salesman?

I liked Joe Rogan in News Radio. I like his guests, but the few times I've watched (Macaulay Culkin, Elon Musk), Joe's guests have gone over his head.

Haha Macauley going over anyone's head says a lot about them! The Elon Musk interview was interesting. Elon's opinions are pretty simple, but you can tell he's formed them after a lot of thought.

I don't know. There was this bit where Macaulay was trying to talk about whether an artist has the right to change his or her work after it's published and he used Leonardo Da Vinci coming back to change the Mona Lisa as an example. Macaulay tried several times to get the conversation back on track, but Joe just wouldn't stop doing impersonations of Italians.

Yes, I think the Elon Musk interview was interesting, but purely for Elon. Joe didn't really add anything, other than offering the guy a blunt.

Also, Ali, funny you would think Macaulay is centre right. Most people outside of a vegan naturist preserve would call him left leaning.

« Reply #21 on: 06 Mar 2019, 03:07 »

Elon's opinions are pretty simple, but you can tell he's formed them after a lot of thought.

After a lot of acid, more like.

« Reply #22 on: 06 Mar 2019, 03:35 »
Why is everybody picking on this humble water filter salesman?

I liked Joe Rogan in News Radio. I like his guests, but the few times I've watched (Macaulay Culkin, Elon Musk), Joe's guests have gone over his head.

Haha Macauley going over anyone's head says a lot about them! The Elon Musk interview was interesting. Elon's opinions are pretty simple, but you can tell he's formed them after a lot of thought.

I don't know. There was this bit where Macaulay was trying to talk about whether an artist has the right to change his or her work after it's published and he used Leonardo Da Vinci coming back to change the Mona Lisa as an example. Macaulay tried several times to get the conversation back on track, but Joe just wouldn't stop doing impersonations of Italians.

Yes, I think the Elon Musk interview was interesting, but purely for Elon. Joe didn't really add anything, other than offering the guy a blunt.

Also, Ali, funny you would think Macaulay is centre right. Most people outside of a vegan naturist preserve would call him left leaning.

I think Ali was talking about Rogan - right or center right.  (laugh)
man n fist AKA manifest AKA manifest class AKA hello123

Gurok

• Rottwheelers
  • When life hands you lemons, combine them with the mop
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2016, for improving and extending the AGS scripting language
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with scripting
    • Gurok worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Gurok worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #23 on: 06 Mar 2019, 04:37 »
He was talking about who Joe Rogan is prepared to talk politics with.
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2019, 04:44 by Gurok »

Ali

• What will become of the baron?
    • Ali worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Ali worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #24 on: 06 Mar 2019, 11:42 »
I will admit, I do not know what the child from Home Alone's politics are. I'm just aware that Rogan has softball interviewed enough reactionary, bigoted conservative "thinkers" for me to have no interest.

« Reply #25 on: 10 Mar 2019, 03:43 »
I caught about an hour of the Twitter (Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde; Vijaya is head of policy and trust at Twitter) and Tim Pool talk. Very interesting to listen to Vijaya describe the challenges of preserving free speech while also upholding a line of what sort of language and conduct requires intervention. As she says many times, so much of the free speech debate comes down to context, its interpretation, and having a policy that is capable of identifying behavior versus content.
man n fist AKA manifest AKA manifest class AKA hello123