the blender 3D thread

Started by selmiak, Sun 24/09/2017 12:37:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckethead

I've been trying Blender 2.8 and hoping to have it replace 3ds Max as my 3d tool.

It's the best Blender version so far but still a lot feels unwieldy because I'm not used to doing it this way. I was able to make this animation though:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgflip.com/3bbu7o.gif[/imgzoom]

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Ali

I was quite impressed by the new 2D animation tools in Blender 2.8. There's a new 2D workspace preset, and it all seems very intuitive. I'm interested to see what people do with this.

Retro Wolf

Crimson Wizard

I'd like to tell this short story and maybe encourage someone new to try 3D modelling in Blender :).

My first acquaintance with Blender was not a very good one. All I needed was to model a "basket": a conic shape with a conic hole drilled through it. It took me about 30 minutes of googling and trying to find out how to cut a hole in object with another object, which eventually I did by clicking a button on a 8th tab of a 5th panel in the window, or something like that. Needless to say, I disliked Blender very much.

About a month ago selmiak posted this challenge video on AGS Discord, where an experienced guy models 10 low-poly cars in 10 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YALV3HqfdLY

I was so fascinated, not only by how fast the guy works, but by how fluid and effortless it looks like to do simple models with combination of mouse and keyboard shortcuts. Also, he sais everything he does and has his key presses recorded on screen, making it possible to follow what he's doing step by step.

So I challenged myself to learn by repeating everything he does. There were few hickups where I had to enable some extensions in Blender first, and learn how to enable few settings (for instance, for auto mirroring), but eventually I managed to produce 1 car in maybe 3 hours total :) but it was great fun.

Cassiebsg

That's greats CW :D
You have moved to the dark other side...  (laugh)

Mandle

Stranger things have happened...

KyriakosCH

Blender is excellent, but currently my stupid computer can only handle older versions.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Jack

I made it to practice clouds, water, and mountains.

Cassiebsg

Love the clouds!  (nod)
The water looks a bit "plastic" to me though.
Mountains look okay, but they're too far away to give other comment.

Composition of the scene is relaxing.  :)

KyriakosCH

Just a low-poly militia camp I am making, for a Shattered Union mod for CivIII:

Jack

KyriakosCH

Thanks. I call it "Alex Jones".

Mouth for war

not perfect at all but I just had to try and make the mask of my favourite movie villain :D

a Wip
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Danvzare

You forgot the gash in Jason's mask. Unless of course your intention was to make the mask from Part 3.
Otherwise, very nice.

Pogwizd

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 18/10/2020 17:03:44
Just a low-poly militia camp I am making, for a Shattered Union mod for CivIII:

Hey, these look really cool!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk