A King's Quest Fan Site

Started by Frodo, Tue 26/09/2017 09:06:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Hey everyone  :grin:

I'm a big fan of the King's Quest games.  Who doesn't love King Graham, Queen Valanice, Prince Alexander, and Princess Rosella?  :cheesy:

I've been working on a fan site recently, with several reviews & walkthroughs.  It's still a work in progress, but I hope to also include KQ demos, teaser trailers, maps, art, and other things as well.  :grin:

It would be great if some of you could have a look at it, and see what you think.  :cool:

Also, if any of you has KQ-related stuff you're willing to share, I'd love to have it on my site.  :cheesy:
You could post here, or send me a PM.

The Daventry Chronicles can be found here

AnasAbdin

Congratulations on the website! I love King's Quest and everything relate to the series.

From first glance, the website doesn't look like it belongs to KQ! It kind of looks high tech IMO. You could benefit from the KQ time era theme and use magic scrolls for menus and some torches for decoration.

Slasher

It's a WIX site so it's basically a Template with some restrictions...

Still, looks good for a start..

Frodo

AnusAbdin, I wanted to have scrolls and stuff, but as Slasher pointed out, I'm restricted  :undecided:

Thanks both of you 

lorenzo

Nice site! The maps and walkthroughs look very well made.
I've bookmarked it, it'll be useful if I replay a King's Quest game (those dead ends can be really frustrating. And some puzzles... bloody custard pie!). And it made me realise that I never played King's Quest VII!

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 26/09/2017 11:38:53
I wanted to have scrolls and stuff, but as Slasher pointed out, I'm restricted
That's too bad! I would add a few images in the articles, if it's possible. For example, I was reading the KQ 7 review, and I was curious about the different graphical style of the game: it would've been nice to see some screenshot in the page!

Slasher

Hi.

I'v spotted in wix that you can open an HTML editor so you can add/tweak stuff with html code.

Frodo

Thanks Slasher

I'll look into it, but I think I'll concentrate on content first.  :smiley:

And thanks Lorenzo, I'm glad you like it.  :grin:
Yeah, those dead ends can be such a pain!  Especially in KQ5.  :shocked:

milkanannan

Frodo

Frodo

All 4 episodes of fan-game The Silver Lining is on my site, as well as the AGD remake for KQ2.  :smiley:

Radiant

If you're looking for abandoned fangames, we still have our pages for King's Quest III+ and King's Quest 2.5 (which is the predecessor to A Tale of Two Kingdoms).

Frodo

Wonderful.  Thankyou Radiant.  :grin:

Frodo

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 09/10/2017 09:40:56
If you're looking for abandoned fangames, we still have our pages for King's Quest III+ and King's Quest 2.5 (which is the predecessor to A Tale of Two Kingdoms).

Your KQ 2.5 demo doesn't work.  An Error popup appears as soon as the game starts, then it crashes.  :cry:

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 20/10/2017 05:50:57
Your KQ 2.5 demo doesn't work.  An Error popup appears as soon as the game starts, then it crashes.  :cry:

I know I will probably sound like an asshole, but I am seriously considering making a big meme-like picture "...and error message is..." (with John Cena face), and then post it whenever someone tells there was an error without mentioning any more details :tongue:

Danvzare

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 20/10/2017 18:33:07
Quote from: Frodo on Fri 20/10/2017 05:50:57

I know I will probably sound like an asshole, but I am seriously considering making a big meme-like picture "...and error message is..." (with John Cena face), and then post it whenever someone tells there was an error without mentioning any more details :tongue:
Do it! ;-D

Frodo

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 20/10/2017 18:33:07

It was almost 6am, and I was tired  :tongue:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/Dk4T6Ii.png[/imgzoom]

Radiant

Ok, this turns out to be a compatibility issue between AGS2 and AGS3; the game runs fine with the AGS2 executable. I've repackaged it so you can download it again.

LeonDaydreamer

It's been a long time since I played King's Quest.  :)
The particle effects are really cool on the page - I know it's just a template, but still.

Frodo

Radiant, thankyou, it works now.  Both your links will be on my site soon.  :wink:

LeonDayDreamer, I'm glad you like the particles.  :grin:

Frodo

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 09/10/2017 09:40:56

KQ3+ keeps crashing  :sad:

On Day 1, when I go into the office, and try to get the green book about magic from the bookshelf, and it crashes. 
Is it compatibility issue, like KQ2.5?  :confused:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/tbMWkcU.png[/imgzoom]

Radiant

Possibly. I don't know, I haven't touched the game in years. Do note that it is an unfinished (and abandoned) game, so it certainly contains bugs.

Frodo

Still looking for King's Quest related stuff.
Demos, videos, fan games, anything. 

Trying to get the site 'out there', so please spread the word.  :smiley:

Jojo_the_monkey

Hi! There are lot of fan games related to King's Quest series. I can recall King's Quest 2 SCI, King's Quest 5 - Text Adventure, King's Quest 6 AGI version...
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

Frodo

Quote from: Jojo_the_monkey on Tue 24/04/2018 22:14:54
Hi! There are lot of fan games related to King's Quest series. I can recall King's Quest 2 SCI, King's Quest 5 - Text Adventure, King's Quest 6 AGI version...

This is brilliant, thankyou!  :cheesy:
These will definitely be reviewed for my site!  :grin:

mkennedy

Wasn't there two different remakes of King's Quest 3 using AGS or am I mistaken?

Frodo

Quote from: mkennedy on Wed 25/04/2018 11:22:34
Wasn't there two different remakes of King's Quest 3 using AGS or am I mistaken?

Yep.  And both excellent versions.  :grin:

AGD Interactive is HERE
I'm working on review for Infamous Adventures (thanks again Klytos for helping me get the game working). 

EDIT:  And the Infamous Adventures Review is up.  :grin:

Jojo_the_monkey

There are also the interesting consoles' versions of King's Quest 1 and King's Quest 5 for the Sega Master System and the Nintendo Entertainment System respectively. You should check them out.
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

Frodo

Thanks Jojo, I'll check those out.  :grin:

I'll need to look for emulators so I can play those versions through the PC.  :smiley:

Frodo

Quote from: Jojo_the_monkey on Tue 24/04/2018 22:14:54

Sorry for the delay in getting to these - been working on a Space Quest fansite.  :wink:

King's Quest 5 - The Text Adventure has been added HERE

Couldn't find any downloads for KQ6 AGI, but added YouTube videos HERE

:kiss:

josiah1221

Cool site Frodo! I've been a huge fan of everything King's Quest ever since I was 13. (25 yrs ago) My Dad's coworker/friend loaned us King's Quest 5 and 6. That was the best summer ever. We didn't have internet back then so whenever we would get stuck we would call him for hints. We probably bugged him half to death, lol. (laugh)

Frodo

Thanks Josiah, I'm so glad you like the site.  King's Quest games are just such amazing games.  Parts 1 & 6 are my favourite though.  :cheesy:
Your dad's co-worker\friend sounds like a great guy.  I remember the days before internet, and when you were stuck on a game... you were REALLY stuck!  :grin:

Hopefully, the Walkthroughs I wrote will help, now.  :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk