MAGS October "Room of Fear" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Sat 30/09/2017 23:55:10

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game for MAGS October?

Fearaphobia by Slasher
0 (0%)
Moonlight Moggy by Pilchard
7 (50%)
The Frame on the Wall by Hortencya12 and Blondbraid
0 (0%)
Grizzly Goose of Gosse by Smarty
6 (42.9%)
Just You and Me by Glenjamin
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Wed 15/11/2017 23:57:33

Smarty

QuotePosted by: Slasher  » Date: Today at 12:13 Insert Quote
Glenjamin
Pilchard
Smarty

Come on, show us your wares (nod)

Why are we waiting? You have me under the covers (laugh)

Mwooh hah ha ha ha! :-D
Just adding a few more touches...
Will release right on halloween for extra effect.. :-[
Not really, just need all the time we can get!
All will be revealed in time. :X
BTW Slasher et al, We're resisting downloading and playing your game until the release so we don't spoil ours ;)

Smarty

I feel a little silly asking about this but anyhow..
When I create a new dialogue in 'Dialogues' lets call it dDialogue1:
I can't figure out why the numbered voice line: &123 - shows up with the text in the dialogue options?

In the options box I have as an example:      &152 Seeya!

...and the little '&152' shows up in the dialogue options when you play?

Like I said I'm a little embarrassed about asking, does anyone know? :-[

So close to finishing this little game, there's just this little annoyance and a couple of
Spoiler
Easter Eggs and
[close]
things to do and we're done! :-D

Cassiebsg

I don't know, but check to see if you have anything else before the &... ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Glenjamin

My game should be done tomorrow. Not really scary like I planned but it's interesting enough.

But it's got monsters! It's got aliens! It's got an overly dramatic ending that doesn't fit the tone of the game at all! Oh yeah!

QuoteLike I said I'm a little embarrassed about asking, does anyone know? :-[

I know this isn't the place for it but...

You can circumvent this by having the player not say the dialogue choice, but having a cego.say("&152 Seeya!"); directly after the option is chosen.

Smarty

QuotePosted by: Glenjamin  » Date: Today at 02:52 Insert Quote
My game should be done tomorrow. Not really scary like I planned but it's interesting enough.

But it's got monsters! It's got aliens! It's got an overly dramatic ending that doesn't fit the tone of the game at all! Oh yeah!

Like I said I'm a little embarrassed about asking, does anyone know? :-[

I know this isn't the place for it but...

You can circumvent this by having the player not say the dialogue choice, but having a cego.say("&152 Seeya!"); directly after the option is chosen.

AWESOME!!!!!  Thankyou so much Glenjamin! It works a treat!
Great advice thanks! ;-D
Will release on 31st!

MAGS Host

It's looking like we'll have a nice little contest again this month.

Who's still in?

I should point out that there won't be any chance for an extension this time around so please give yourselves plenty of time to squash bugs and wrap a nice little bow on your products before the deadline.

Best of luck.

Mandle

Oh man, I can't wait to play all entries once Halloween is over and I can finally relax and just cruise for the next week at work because I will just keep the entire Halloween party construction for the rest of the week and most of every lesson will just be kids trapped in my Ninja Maze calling out for hints in Japanese but which I will only reply to in English...

Kids learn language fast when they think something that actually affects them is on the line ;)

Also: The Ninja Maze went amazingly well at today's party. Within the first 10 minutes only 2 out of 17 kids had reached the exit. I have some sliding doors that close in from above and block corridors, and two of the doors block two potential routes to the exit. So I can slide both doors up and down to provide only one route out OR... MUAHAHAHAHA I can slide both closed and then they are just trapped until I open one again.

And rotatable rooms with either N-S or E-W exits add to their confusion.

A lot of the kids today said that they thought the maze was much bigger than the entire school and had no idea where they were:

Classic quotes from today's party: "I think I'm under a table" and later "I think I'm under a different table."

And: "No, don't help me! I want to figure it out!"

One 3-year-old cried, not because she felt trapped but because she tried so hard to find the exit but couldn't. I told her she gets another chance next Saturday and then she smiled.

Tomorrow, at the older kids' party, we do the maze but also we play: "Talisman: Digital Edition" with 2 teams of 2 kids each and one with their teacher (ME!) on a projector screen with a massive-output speaker.

Characters: Amazon, Warrior, Troll, Ninja... Let's see who kills who and/or defeats the dungeon's Lord Of Darkness first!

Cassiebsg

Sounds like lots of fun there Mandle! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Pilchard

My game is ready! It's called...

Download here! It's not terribly spooky, but I hope it adds a few minutes' fun to your Halloween.

I've created a Completed Game thread, and the database page...

Click'd

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 23/10/2017 09:03:05
How quick can you curb your fear of fear or will you go running to mummy and daddy?
Managed to make the kid bear it for 54 and 53 seconds, respectively.
Spoiler
I tried to hit the face with the slingshot but I was to slow or something
[close]

Slasher

ClickClickClick
Spoiler

QuoteI tried to hit the face with the slingshot but I was to slow or something
Were you 'loaded', or did your Fearaphobia meter go to maximum because a late bird does not get the worm? (laugh)
[close]
Good news: After quite a bit of internal cleaning my keyboard is almost back to normal, thank god (nod)

Click'd

Spoiler
I combined the marble with the slingshot before using it, of course
[close]

Slasher

I have the feeling time ran out for you very fast as your fear grew rapidly.... (laugh)

Hortencya12

Hi
I and Blondbraid have entered the comptetition with a new game, Its called The frame on the wall.

Slasher

Hi,

nice graphics and story as expected...

There are a few issues you need to look into..

How many times can you go to bed for example...

Click'd

The main character doesn't scale when going towards the back wall, making her seem to grow in comparison.
Also, the hardest puzzle for me was to find the inventory.

Smarty

Here is our MAGS entry made by the kids and us for October 2017 'Room of fear.'
Short Adventure based upon my children's Anatadaephopia - the irrational fear of ducks/geese/swans.

It is the night before halloween..
As Angus, conquer your fear of the farmyard goose.

Full voice acting!
Acoustic guitar background music.
Homemade sound FX!
Hand illustrated graphics!
Easter Egg (See if you can find it!)
2 Alternate endings!
End credits - Musical parody!

We got a little carried away with it and the game is 93MB!  Didn't realise the speech would eat up so much space!
Enjoy!
Download it - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2205/

Click'd

Clever, using the AGS definition for "room".
Spoiler
Did I screw myself over by just giving Mum the trowel instead of doing something with it?
[close]

Smarty

QuotePosted by: ClickClickClick  » Date: Today at 21:37 Insert Quote
Spoiler

Did I screw myself over by just giving Mum the trowel instead of doing something with it?
[close]

Yeah its a big 'room' hey? Heh hee! (laugh)

And no you didn't
Spoiler
screw yourself over :wink: just keep going!
[close]

Slasher

It's one room but a big one and it is outside (laugh)

This game does lend a certain charm but it does have issues that need addressing...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk