Commissar's Contrapasso (RELEASED)

Started by Blondbraid, Sun 01/10/2017 21:07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 31/10/2017 18:44:53
Love your quick doodles... wish I could doodle like that! (nod)
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 01/11/2017 04:09:38
Spooky! 8-0 Love your doodles!
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!
Anyway, Commissar's Contrapasso now has a devlog on Game Jolt too, I hope you'll check it out!

DBoyWheeler

Yeah, the term "Contrapasso".  Basically in our modern day vernacular, we'd call it "poetic justice".

Anyway, best of luck with this game.

Blondbraid

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Mon 06/11/2017 22:11:52
Yeah, the term "Contrapasso".  Basically in our modern day vernacular, we'd call it "poetic justice".

Anyway, best of luck with this game.
Poetic Justice really is the best kind of justice! :)

I've made some progress, animated a few scenes and so forth. Let's just say someone's in for a rude awakening! ;)

DBoyWheeler

Just a suggestion for a funny Easter egg...

Maybe as a "random chance moment", one of the soldiers could shout out "Leerooooooooy Jenkiiiiiiins!"  Again, just a random possible line an NPC could say for a silly Easter egg.

Blondbraid

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Fri 10/11/2017 10:39:16
Just a suggestion for a funny Easter egg...

Maybe as a "random chance moment", one of the soldiers could shout out "Leerooooooooy Jenkiiiiiiins!"  Again, just a random possible line an NPC could say for a silly Easter egg.
While the original video of Leroy Jenkins was hilarious, I'm on the fence weather to include it, seeing as referential humor is a double edged sword. It can be great fun to those who know of the original, but at the same time those who don't get the reference will just be confused. And there's the problem of including a WoW reference in a historical setting, it's a bit of an anachronism. So whether or not any pop cultural references ends up in the game depends on whether I find a way to include it in a way that's funny and makes sense even to those who are unfamiliar with the original. But even if I don't find a way to include that particular reference in the game, my goal is still to make a funny game with good jokes. I'll post some more screenshots soon.(roll)

Click'd

Don't do it.That one has been done to death. Oh, and I'm not a fan of "references" in general. A lot of people seem to be mistaking them for humour.

Blondbraid

Like I previously mentioned, I have no plans on adding a Leroy Jenkins reference to the game, but it did give me an idea for a silly doodle:

Anyway, here are some new screenshots from the game, and I'd be happy to hear your thoughts:

Cassiebsg

Has someone pee on the floor? (laugh)
Nice new screens, and I specially love his face expression! (nod)

Speel: whish = wish
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 16/11/2017 18:15:59
Has someone pee on the floor? (laugh)
Nice new screens, and I specially love his face expression! (nod)

Speel: whish = wish
Thanks! To answer your question, here's a screenshot of the commissar commenting on the puddle (it will make sense in context :)):

Riaise

Lovely backgrounds, as always! I especially like the last one, the clouds and the colour of the leaves really give it the feel of a chilly autumn day. :)

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 16/11/2017 15:39:16
Like I previously mentioned, I have no plans on adding a Leroy Jenkins reference to the game, but it did give me an idea for a silly doodle:

Nothing like a good ol' fourth wall break!

Blondbraid

Seeing as several game developers have gone out to say that their games won't include loot-boxes after the controversy around EA and so forth,
I'd might as well jump the bandwagon and point out that this game won't have loot-boxes either (not that it was ever planned to have them in the first place). :P

Know what the game will have though? Regular boxes!

(The situation depicted in the screenshot will make sense in context)

Blondbraid

I've made a few more animations in order to give the main characters different facial expressions.
For some reason the protagonist doesn't seem too happy about it though...

AnasAbdin

I like the idea of episodic games using different characters (nod)
You get to control different characters and still see your favorite ones (laugh)
As for the animation, it's as brilliant as all your artwork.

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 04/12/2017 12:07:49
I like the idea of episodic games using different characters (nod)
You get to control different characters and still see your favorite ones (laugh)
As for the animation, it's as brilliant as all your artwork.
Thank you, I'm glad you appreciate it!
I recently finished a new animation for the main character:

I wanted to have different animations for picking up things from up high and picking things on the ground in this game.

As for using different characters, a big reason I chose the commissar as a protagonist for this game is that he has a different story to tell from the previous protagonists,
and his interactions and dynamics with other characters will be different as well.

Cassiebsg

Nice crouch. (nod)
Keeping up the high standards in animation, I see. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 05/12/2017 10:52:40
I wanted to have different animations for picking up things from up high and picking things on the ground in this game.

Super. I also do this (and in different uniforms). Here's a trick to even get more variations: make the animation in a why where when played halfway you can still use it for picking up stuff of lower shelves or knee-length heights ;)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 05/12/2017 11:25:11
Nice crouch. (nod)
Keeping up the high standards in animation, I see. :-D
Thank you!
Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 05/12/2017 11:47:50
Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 05/12/2017 10:52:40

Super. I also do this (and in different uniforms). Here's a trick to even get more variations: make the animation in a why where when played halfway you can still use it for picking up stuff of lower shelves or knee-length heights ;)
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind!

Blondbraid

It was some time since I last shared something, might as well show this vehicle I drew:

It's meant to be a ZIS-5 truck, and I do hope it's recognizable despite being in a more cartoonish style.

Creamy

Quotemake the animation in a why where when
Why where when what ?

I love the design of the new characters - the tough woman with her hands in her pockets and the middle-aged officer laughing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk