Commissar's Contrapasso (RELEASED)

Started by Blondbraid, Sun 01/10/2017 21:07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

I love the truck :) I feel like some arm is going to fall when the truck hits a bump on the road *gulp*

Blondbraid

Quote from: Creamy on Thu 14/12/2017 16:04:47
I love the design of the new characters - the tough woman with her hands in her pockets and the middle-aged officer laughing.
Thanks, hope you'll like their dialogues as well!

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 17/12/2017 17:39:42
I love the truck :) I feel like some arm is going to fall when the truck hits a bump on the road *gulp*
I hope you don't get too heartbroken over the fate of it... (roll)

(the last windows update somehow messed up Photoshop Elements on my pc so that my tablet doesn't work with it anymore, so I tried making this background in Firealpaca and Gimp instead. Those programs are not as good, but at least they're free.)

Blondbraid

I've spent some time implementing music by Eric Matyas as well as adding a few more interactions to the game, but it's been hard to get much done in this busy season. However, I now believe that the game is about 40% completed and that if everything goes well, I may be able to complete it entirely by spring.

Anyway, since it's Christmas, I'd thought I'd share this heartwarming story about a Christmas during WW2 I just read! ;-D

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 19/12/2017 17:29:14

I'm prepared for worse after the goat incident in your previous game :-[
Your new background is amazing I wouldn't care what software is used.

Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 25/12/2017 21:52:06
Anyway, since it's Christmas, I'd thought I'd share this heartwarming story about a Christmas during WW2 I just read! ;-D

Thanks for sharing :)

Blondbraid

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 26/12/2017 14:55:37
Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 19/12/2017 17:29:14

I'm prepared for worse after the goat incident in your previous game :-[
Your new background is amazing I wouldn't care what software is used.

Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 25/12/2017 21:52:06

Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks, glad to hear! ;-D

So, there'r a new year coming, and I've worked on a new animation:

I wish everyone a happy new year! But remember that loud and sudden noises can be stressful to people with ptsd (I read quite a bit about it doing research for this game), so try to go easy with the fireworks, and have a nice new years eve! :)

Blondbraid

It was some time since I made a new post, so I might as well share the latest background I've been working on:

Cassiebsg

Oh, I somehow missed the previous post... poor guy, now he also gets killed... (laugh)

Great new BG and love the curtain. (laugh)
Only think that looks out of place to me is the main "path". I feel like there should be more size increasing as it approaches the "camera".

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll be gladly waiting for to play this game. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Thank you, glad to hear! ;-D
And yeah, there will be quite a few ways to get killed, the story takes place in a war after all...

Blondbraid

I've been doing some more work on the game, and now I've added a sequence where you get to interact more with the truck:

And remember that if any of the text lables on the metal parts seems strange to you,
the protagonist is a man with zero knowledge on cars and machinery.
It didn't prevent him from getting selected for the task of repairing the truck though...

Riaise

It looks really good! And the labels don't look strange to me at all, it's exactly how I'd describe car parts if I had to. (laugh)

AnasAbdin

But trucks are made of metal things and stuff (laugh)
I think I'll enjoy this puzzle a lot!

Blondbraid

Thanks, I'm glad you both like it and I hope you find the solution to this puzzle interesting!

Blondbraid

Thought I'd share a closer look at some of the side characters in the game:

These guys are members of a Soviet Penal battalion, disgraced officers, men charged with cowardice and gulag inmates promised freedom in exchange for participating in extremely dangerous missions,
basically Suicide squad, but without pop songs and animal costumes. Also, in this game there will be no pointless and voyeuristic dressing up montages.

I promise, the scene where the protagonist undresses is really important for the story! :)

AnasAbdin

Your idle animations are awesome as always!

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 23/01/2018 17:17:28
I promise, the scene where the protagonist undresses is really important for the story! :)

I trust your judgement, but even if it's not important, I still want to see it (laugh)

Blondbraid

Sorry for taking this long, here is a new image of another peril for the titular commissar to avoid, and to drive the point home that while this game may have cartoon aethetics, it's probably not something I'd recommend playing with your kids:

There is still some work to be done on this set-piece, plus I've spent a lot of time animating a different character since I have several potential death scenes and expressive conversations in mind for the game.

Cassiebsg

Lovely BG! I like the textures on the buildings. (nod)

Yes, I think we all agree that war is brutal and not for kids... yet... kids do tend to find them self's in the middle of wars that they neither have started, asked for it or even understand... unfortunately. :~(

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 08/02/2018 21:39:39
Lovely BG! I like the textures on the buildings. (nod)

Yes, I think we all agree that war is brutal and not for kids... yet... kids do tend to find them self's in the middle of wars that they neither have started, asked for it or even understand... unfortunately. :~(
True words, and I do hope my game will adequately convey this message.

Currently, I'm working on a set piece based on sneaking around whilst also keeping a keen eye on the area. Since the protagonist is unarmed for this section,
just shooting the enemies is not an option, however, it might soon change...

Cassiebsg

Oooh... I see a tricky situation... and a couple death scenes before getting it right. (laugh)

Well, just shooting the enemy might be tempting, but chances are it would just attract more of them and this time not as distracted as this guy is. ;)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 13/02/2018 15:40:54
Oooh... I see a tricky situation... and a couple death scenes before getting it right. (laugh)

Well, just shooting the enemy might be tempting, but chances are it would just attract more of them and this time not as distracted as this guy is. ;)
Oh yes, I'm about to animate quite a few death animations!

On a further note, Happy Valentine's day! Now there isn't really any romantic subplots in this game,
so I'll just post this screenshot instead. :P (It will make sense in context!)

Creamy

Quotein this game there will be no pointless and voyeuristic dressing up montages.
QuoteNow there isn't really any romantic subplots in this game,
No sex? No love story? What a shame, the setting was so romantic...
Spoiler
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk