World history quiz thread

Started by milkanannan, Sat 07/10/2017 05:13:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumpel

That must be Djoser. I am a passionate IMHOTEP boardgame player :)

Let's stay in this area.

Which king proclaimed to be the god king of a slightly different egyptian cult?

Darth Mandarb

Kumpel is, of course, right!

Baron

Oh, it's the guy who changed his name.  Some relation of Nefratiti's.  Atensomething. (nod)

Kumpel

I can see you are on the right track. those for letters are indeed part of his name

Darth Mandarb

I have no idea how to spell "Atenakken"

Kumpel

No "Atenakken" ever ruled these pyramid fetishists from a few thousand years ago afaik. (wrong)

Darth Mandarb

Baron

I just remember "Aten" meant sun, and he wanted to be worshipped as the new sun god instead of Ra.  If we go through all the iterations of "Aten" we're sure to hit on it! ;-D

Kumpel

"aten" is only partly right...

dayowlron

Really dont have a clue but some other Egyptian names I have heard of in the past:
Amenhotep and Nebetah
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Kumpel

Archeologists are still unsure if this king ruled his own part of the Egyptian kingdom parallel to Ramses II or in his own dynasty, because in his era he destroyed a lot of cultural treasures to establish his own monotheistic cult.

Stupot

Kumpel

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 08/11/2017 23:20:30
Ahkenaten?
Wow! I didn't know this very different but afawikik absolutely right alias of "Echnaton". You just spelled it slightly wrong - it's "Akhenaten" -, but You are of course right, Darth.

Darth Mandarb

I wanted to guess without looking it up so I just went all phonetic!

I'll whip up another ASAP. Watch this space...

This prolific, late 19th century, serial killer brutally murdered women. The murderer continued until his/her murders started making headlines. Then the killings just stopped and the killer was never caught.

Riaise

Darth Mandarb

It was not Jack the Ripper. However, given that the murders in question took place before the murders by Jack the Ripper (and neither were caught) I suppose we can't positively say it wasn't the same person. However, in the case of this question, it was not Jack the Ripper.

Baron

dayowlron

H H Holmes? Other than Jack the Ripper he is the only serial killer I know of from that time and I am pretty sure he was before Jack the Ripper.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

lorenzo

There was an American murderer, who killed many women with an axe and was never arrested, but I don't remember his name. The "servant girl killer" or something similar?

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: lorenzo on Sat 11/11/2017 08:48:41There was an American murderer,..The "servant girl killer" or something similar?

Close enough! The Servant Girl Annihilator was the moniker penned by writer O.Henry. The string of murders took place in Austin, Texas USA between 1884 and 1885. The killer's first six victims were servants (all black) so didn't get much press until the next two (and final) victims were killed and they happened to be white. Then the media hysteria started and the killing stopped.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk