World history quiz thread

Started by milkanannan, Sat 07/10/2017 05:13:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Correct, of course.  In further trivia, I am apparently a very distant descendant of hers.  So keep your eyes off granny's tits! :=

Stupot

How distant? Am I allowed to use a telescope?

Gilbert

I think the connection traced back to the prehistoric period. :grin:

dayowlron

Well guess it is my turn. and sticking with a link to the prior question by involving the city of Coventry.
This mid 19th century author lived for sometime near Coventry and was one of the leading writers of the Victorian era. She wrote under a man's name. What was this author's pen name? and a bonus question what was her real name?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

CaptainD

I would guess at George Elliot, although if I'm right, I'm afraid I don't know the real name.

dayowlron

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 10/01/2018 15:01:00
I would guess at George Elliot, although if I'm right, I'm afraid I don't know the real name.
You are correct there. Give some people a little while to guess the real name but you can pose another question.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

dayowlron

Not Mary Shelley but the first name is correct.

lorenzo

I think her surname was Evans?

dayowlron

close enough Mary Anne Evans.

milkanannan

Who succeeded Genghis Khan?

dayowlron

Don't know if this person preceded or succeeded Genghis Khan but the only other person I remember hearing about was something like "Kublai Khan"

milkanannan

Quote from: dayowlron on Mon 24/09/2018 18:51:34
Don't know if this person preceded or succeeded Genghis Khan but the only other person I remember hearing about was something like "Kublai Khan"

Don't feel bad. I can only name four people in the succession line including Gengis. Kublai is one of them but he isn't the answer here! Kublai was a grandson of Gengis' but not the one to directly inherit the Empire after Gengis.

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

milkanannan

Mouth for war

Someone else can take my turn :-)
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Mandle

What famous person died from holding on too long when he had to urinate?

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 28/09/2018 10:25:47
What famous person died from holding on too long when he had to urinate?

I'm fairly sure one of the Kings of England (can't remember which one) essentially died of constipation, but this one I'm not sure of.  Unless it's thought to be the case of the spontaneous combustion of the .. .... (trying to remember from Red Dwarf!) town crier of Warsaw?

Mandle

LameNick

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk