BackGround Blitz 19th April - 2nd May

Started by OneThinkingGal and ._., Sat 19/04/2003 02:46:36

Previous topic - Next topic

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Haunted house exterior this time, we'll do interior next time. :)

Draw a haunted house at night at 320 x 200 res using no more than 256 colours.

Good luck. :)

GarageGothic

Do we have to show that the house is haunted, or will you take my word for it? :) Would an ordinary although somewhat spooky looking house be ok, or is it necessary to have blood running down the walls and ghosts hovering by the front door?

scotch

I think a generally spooky atmosphere would be fine, doesn't have to be over the top :)

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Yeah I don't really like OTT, but this is a pretty free comp, you can do whatever you like, except for using skin and gore where it isnt warranted. :P

In this case, it is if you want it to be.  Up to you really. :)

GarageGothic

Thanks,

I figure that I'll keep entering the blitzes as long as my backgrounds can be used in the game that I'm working on (the asylum for rodents, that YakSpit suggested, might be a bit hard to fit in :)).

GarageGothic

evenwolf

I'm working on the nasty white
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

BerserkerTails

I'm working on a background right now... So count me in  ;D

EDIT: Just finished the outline of the background, need colour and shading now.

I make music.

Mr_Frisby

okay I figured out how to post my pic
(duh)

(It took me 5hrs and 45 mins and I kinda copied the idea of the cover of a Horror book - I hope thats not cheating)
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Scummbuddy

Hey, wow.  Thats a great shot.  Perhaps too many clouds, and too low, but I do like this picture a lot.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

OneThinkingGal and ._.

nice work everyone, frisby, that pic is really good!

I love how the clouds seem to be attacking the house.

Czar

oh no frisby, not cheating. Havent you hear: Big artists copy, great artists steal (or smthn like that?).
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Rincewind

Ok, all these great pictures will make mine fade in comparison... It's just a little thing I whipped up - And definately NOT a winner... ;D

Mr_Frisby

I don't know man I kinda like it.
Very Calsooney. I could definately see it in an
Adv Game.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

BOYD1981

it's the strangely shaped blue house of death, pain and vegetarian sausages...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Rincewind

Mr_Frisby:
Thanks! Yeah, it's a bit influenced by Calsoon, I have to admit that. I was just not too satisfied with the house itself - Can't put my finger on what, but it looks stupid...
Oh well.  

Boyd:
Dig the tombstones and the moon, man! ;D Nice.

plasticman

here's my entry... i also posted it in the critics lounge

it was made in 24bit colors then reduced to 8bit for the blitz (here's the original hi-color version)

also, it's better viewed in full screen :)

Mr_Frisby

Plasticman : oOOOOooH. It's reminds me of the house from evil dead minus the pus.

Boyd: The house so terrifying it scared the moon.

scotch

It's not finished :( but I promised I'd enter and I need to go out for a while so thought I'd post it now.  Should have started earlier..

Love yours, Plasticman.

Edit: :P For correct resolution

GarageGothic

Wow. With the last two entries, I'm glad that I didn't waste any time entering this contest (I intended to, but never got further than a few sketches). They're absolutely fabulous. Too bad I won't be able to get online and vote tomorrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk