Anyone remember that old Delphine classic, "Cruise for a Corpse"? :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Sat 11/11/2017 10:27:31

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

It was my favourite game for some time, though my all-time favourite game remains another by Delphine, "Another World" ;)

Cruise for a corpse had excellent atmosphere and a cinematic feel, along with nice music.

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

CaptainD

I had it for the ST and remember being absolutely blown away by the graphics in the intro. For some reason I never really played the game itself much. Pretty sure you can pick it up as Abandonware nowadays?

Radiant

No, but I read about it on this blog. I did play Future Wars, by the same studio.

KyriakosCH

^Future wars is older, and imo from before the time Delphine really became notable.

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 11/11/2017 11:14:30
I had it for the ST and remember being absolutely blown away by the graphics in the intro. For some reason I never really played the game itself much. Pretty sure you can pick it up as Abandonware nowadays?

The intro was awesome for the time, yes. Best intro i had seen on Amiga as well :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3PtCmCDym4

Grim

LeonDaydreamer

Delphine had the best art. :)
I didn't get too far in Cruise for a Corpse, because I think some things in the game were random - some doors open at different times. It was kind of annoying.

That is a pretty cool intro. The dude has some heavy duty calves, he must work out.  :P

KyriakosCH

There were (iirc) 12 suspects. I recall that I couldn't overrule anyone, apart from the one who actually ended up being guilty! (laugh)

Radiant

Delphine had some of the best music ever to come out of a PC speaker (and bear in mind this was before the age where everybody had a sound card). The soundtrack of Future Wars is an amazing accomplishment for its time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk