Character sort of gliding around when it's not at 100% size (Solved)

Started by doctorhibert, Thu 23/11/2017 23:14:56

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorhibert

So I have a room where the character is full size, and the animation looks fine, the character only moves when the frame changes, but I have another room that's a far away view and the character is small, and gets smaller the farther away he goes. My problem is that in that room, the characters moves more than he should, and it kind of looks like he's gliding. Here's a video

https://youtu.be/iPrhZNv6Z24

Khris

Afaik that's intentional; otherwise the character would move really slow, which is far more annoying for the user than a bit of gliding.

You can in theory change the movement speed accordingly (which is the number of pixels the character moves per frame), but you can't do that while the character is walking, afaik. So you'd have to set it for the entire room, then change it back upon leaving.

doctorhibert

You think people won't mind a bit of gliding? Do you think it's very noticeable in the video?

Click'd

Khris

It's very noticeable in the video, that's true. But again, having a slow character is so annoying I'll gladly overlook that. For instance at the start of the video, when you show the character walking across the room at 100%, it's already too slow for my taste. Try decreasing the animation speed by one.

doctorhibert

What speed would you recomment for the first and second room?

Monsieur OUXX

What you can do is create a few more walkable areas in the distance, with a lower walking speed (and lower walking animation aspeed)

Ali

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but I think setting "AdjustSpeedWithScaling" to true would have the desired effect.
(Though agree that the character is probably moving too slowly at 100%)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk