Conspiracy: Below Zero

Started by Slasher, Mon 27/11/2017 20:23:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Conspiracy: Below-Zero

After 10 months on the back burner this game has finally been released...

FBI agents Malden and Leech try to conclude another baffling conspiracy case that the government won't acknowledge.

This conspiracy involves a myth that Hitler was frozen in an ice chamber (known as project 'Below -Zero') to be brought back in a future time. It was body doubles who committed suicide in the bunker that fateful day on 29th April 1945.

A letter arrives at the FBI claiming that the myth is in fact true.

Who is the mysterious smoking guy?

Did Hitler really die in the bunker that day? Is project 'Below zero' just a myth?

"The truth is here. Trust no one. We are ready to believe."

* Are claims made by Dr Otto Gunter true?
* Who is the mysterious 'Smoking' Man?
* Can you thwart being fed to the sharks?
* Does the ice chamber really exist?
* Playable Jukebox with various songs.
* Fully voiced.

Download Below-Zero

Download Below-Zero

KyriakosCH

Congratulations on releasing it! 8-)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Creamy

Congrats on the release Slasher, that's an intriguing plot.

There's another mystery in the first picture: how can the feet of the woman be seen when she's sitting behind the table (laugh)

Mandle

I'm so dying to play this! I thought it was lost forever on your back-shelf!

And, wow, it looks like they go to the island of The Condemed at some point! (laugh)

Slasher

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 27/11/2017 22:32:57
Congrats on the release Slasher, that's an intriguing plot.
There's another mystery in the first picture: how can the feet of the woman be seen when she's sitting behind the table (laugh)
She is resting her legs up (laugh)

Mandle (laugh)

cheers guys...

Mandle

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 28/11/2017 12:09:53
Downloading now!

Mandle is absolutely and unequivocally BANNED from making any comments about my attempt at an American accent. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

(Also, I apologise to all Americans everywhere.)

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 28/11/2017 12:14:50
Quote from: Mandle on Tue 28/11/2017 12:09:53
Downloading now!

Mandle is absolutely and unequivocally BANNED from making any comments about my attempt at an American accent. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

(Also, I apologise to all Americans everywhere.)

What do you mean?!

I was totally convinced by your southern accent!!!

Spoiler

(Hampshire innit?)
[close]

Anyways I just finished the game and must say that it has fully cemented Slasher in my mind as the Ed Wood of the AGS community!!!

And that is a great thing!!! Ed Wood also knew his flaws but also never let that stop him making movies and now they are beloved by hordes of fans.

I loved the cheesiness of the game but also saw the love that went into every single moment of it.

That being said: The interface is very well done and the flow of the game matches the timing of a TV show.

There is little wandering from room to room searching for clues... It's mostly BOOM! now you are here doing this and then BOOM! now you're halfway around the world doing that!

And it felt quite a bit like an episode of the X-Files (as maybe directed by Ed Wood) with some second-guessing of the actual truth behind what was going on at times.

I couldn't stop playing until the end is what I'm trying to say.

I also couldn't stop watching "Plan 9 From Outer Space" so...

PS: LOVED THE JUKEBOX!!! I replayed the diner scene a few times with different songs. A ton of fun!!!

Shadow1000

I agree with Mandle for the most part. This is another Slasher classic that I really enjoyed. The puzzles are somewhat linear in the sense that you can't continue until you have completed the given task of the room, which eliminates a lot of the wandering back and forth from previously-visited rooms in case you miss something or in case some new item or character becomes available. This keeps the excitement and timing fresh and I liked it.

Having pointed out that it's linear, I like that there was some decision making in the game. I won't elaborate.

Unlike previous Slasher games, you don't have the over-the-top crazy humour. This is more action/mystery/excitement and it worked well.

One thing missing: I didn't see the credits! Who did the different voice acting roles??

Slasher

Cheers guys (nod),

If it was not for the good Captain pushing the issue i don't know if I would have released this game.

Credits appear on the last screen.

I will add more detail to them.

Any issues found will be fixed in a later build.

sawyer

Truly thank you for making this game and sharing it with me!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk