Christmas-Themed adventures?

Started by Snarky, Wed 13/12/2017 11:29:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Christmas! It's the most wonderful time of the year, according to some. I'm a total sucker for all the sappy, romanticized Christmas kitsch, and I'm sitting here looking at the snow falling outside, about to bake some lussekatter (saffron buns).

So, in the spirit of the season, what are some good Christmas-y adventure games?

BunnyShoggoth

Christmas Quest 1-3 is the best in my opinion (especially the third part). You can also check out Search for the Christmas Present Remake by Petteri if it's still available.

Snarky

Thanks! I also enjoy Miez's Indiana Jones and the Temple of Spheres. I was also thinking about non-AGS adventures. Are there any commercial games set at Christmas?

KyriakosCH

'Joe's miserable life' surely has some festive mood :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

LimpingFish

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 14/12/2017 08:14:18
Are there any commercial games set at Christmas?

Not an adventure, but I find "Parasite Eve" on the PSOne to be very Christmas-y; Snow, Christmas trees, and copious amounts of body horror.

I can't think of any commercial adventures set at Christmas, though I have vague memories of some existing. Or maybe I'm just thinking of games with a lot of snow in them (Syberia II, for example).
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Snarky

Still Life is set (partly?) at Christmas, but that's the only one I can think of.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 22/12/2017 23:22:53
Still Life is set (partly?) at Christmas, but that's the only one I can think of.

Yeah, I couldn't for the life of me remember if Still Life featured Christmas or just snow. I almost posted Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) for that very reason. Upon checking, I discovered I was wrong; Fahrenheit has a snowy opening, but it takes place in January.

The search continues!

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Click'd

The Darkside Detective just had a free Christmas episode DLC.

Ilyich

I want to say Alum - it's not in any way Christmas-themed, but it's so Christian - it almost passes as a Nativity scene. And just a genuinely sweet and lovely adventure.

Amayirot Akago

Spud comes to mind, but I would dissuade anybody from actually paying money for it, much less trying to play it.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk