Previous topic - Next topic

Arlann

DEMO AVAILABLE ON ITCH
AND GAMEJOLT
AGS DATABASE

Demo review from AlphaBetaGamer
Demo review from Peach's Castle
Demo review from Softpedia

Jorry is a horror point & click inspired by the games of the 90's, including an action and survival gameplay.
Fully playable with the mouse, it requires dexterity for the combats and the logic for the riddles.
This game contains violent scenes in 16bit, it is intended for an adult audience...

Synopsis :
Claire regains consciousness tied up and trapped in an unknown room.
She does not remember anything, she feels like everything fell apart.
How to escape from this nightmare and who is this mysterious little girl who seems to know her?

Story: Arlann and Yann Conesa
Code and music: Arlann
Art and art direction: Yann Conesa

Resolution 320x200 16bit
Real time battles.
Retro particle effects.
Original music and sound effects
Contains zombies  :)

The game is scheduled for summer 2018.

xBRANEx

This one looks absolutely amazing!

Stupot

Damn, this looks awesome! Hurry up, Summer!

Grundislav

Really cool animation!

CyberUncleCat

Wait what how. Amazing presentation. Cant wait for a demo.

KiraHaraReturns

awesome project, resident evil meets countdown, really looking forward for the release

selmiak

This is scary! I like it! :-D ;-D

SarahLiz

Looks great, can't wait to play!!

Two Tales

Oooo this is looking good.

Arlann

Thank you all for your comments.

The first post is edited with the demo link.
I hope you will appreciate it.
All comments remarks feedbacks are welcome and will be useful for further development.

Happy end of the year !

CyberUncleCat

After demo i can only say that if you guys dont mess up somewhere i think this has high chance to be one of the best indies in 2018.

This is basically Resident Evil AGS version. And that is REALLY cool.

Ibispi

Heya,
nice game so far. I love the atmosphere and the gameplay.

I've encountered a bug, while trying to free myself from a monster. I think I triggered it by moving the cursor below the game window or too low on the screen.
The screenshot link: https://i.imgur.com/MAl7OyD.png

Arlann

@ CyberUncleCat
Thank you for your message, the road is still long but we will do our best!

@Ibispi
Sorry for this bug, I have re-uploaded a fixed version that is compatible with save state.

Shadow1000

I am having trouble figuring out how to restore a saved game? Does anyone know?

Arlann

If you are trying to load an old save during the game, you must leave the game without saving and load your save tape again.
I will work to improve this interface. :)

Shadow1000

I finished the demo.

I absolutely LOVE this game. Honestly, is there anything more satisfying than headshotting a zombie?

- Graphics, music, animation all score an A+
- Game system is awesome. Without giving away too much, it's a GREAT combination of story, point and click adventure, well-executed arcade with some horror with huge potential.
- The puzzles, while not original, are good. My only concern is that the backgrounds are VERY busy so looking for items to interact with to solve the puzzles required a lot of hunting with the mouse. As well, the items only become available when they are needed or relevant. Which means that you have to start doing the mouse hunting all over again at every stage. Perhaps the graphics could make them stand out a bit more? Just a thought.

Someone compared it to Resident Evil. My own thoughts are more inline with Silent Hill.

I am looking forward to an awesome release. Good luck!

CyberUncleCat

Well yes, i said its RE AGS, but trude - it also give away SH vibes.

And yes, i agree that pixelhunting is a bad thing.

I like the idea with items becoming avalaible to pick up when they are needed and to be honest im suprised developers are not using this design more often. In the game i'm working on now i'm also implementing this design choice. Its all about logic. There will be backtracking because of it, yes, but it rewards sharp player that pay attention to details. But, again yes, it works bad with pixelhunting all over again.

Arlann

Thank you for your comments they are very encouraging for the rest of the project.
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 29/12/2017 15:53:59
- The puzzles, while not original, are good. My only concern is that the backgrounds are VERY busy so looking for items to interact with to solve the puzzles required a lot of hunting with the mouse. As well, the items only become available when they are needed or relevant. Which means that you have to start doing the mouse hunting all over again at every stage. Perhaps the graphics could make them stand out a bit more? Just a thought.
Many players confirm your opinion, we will rework the interactions and indices to improve the exploration part and avoid pixelhunting...

Even though the puzzles seem to block a lot of players, we are happy to have positive feedback on the gameplay and the atmosphere.
We'll try to find a better balance between the action and reflection part to allow different types of players to have fun.

I add this very nice article on the first post.

And it's cool to see the demo played on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmrD5hh3E4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37GT3t7mMbs

selmiak

finally I came around to play it too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZLXIu5Y44Y

seems I chose the easy solution for the math/clock puzzle on the recorded playthrough, easy peasy! ;)

Arlann

Thank you for this video, it's almost a speedrun without any frustration! ;)
We work hard to make the full game better.

Cassiebsg

I also played and finished the demo. (nod)

I'm glad there's a difficulty option right at the start. :-D
Graphic, story and animations at just top notch! (nod) I had some difficulty shooting the gun though (thank God for easy option!). I kept pressing the left button to shot... (roll) Not sure if others had this problem, or if it's just me (because in my game I use the left to shot and right to holster)...   

Anyway, awesome job with the demo and I'll be looking forward to see this one released! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

BadLuckBurt

I haven't finished the demo yet but it's so good. I'm not a fan of horror games at all but the atmosphere in this is sucking me right in, I want to know what's going on in this game. Take all the time you need for the full game, I'll be here awaiting the release :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk