A call to arms.

Started by Sylpher, Sun 20/04/2003 03:11:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylpher

On this day my brothers and sisters. I need your help in a way that a thousand pies and thanks yous could never make up for. I ask please you will help out a hurting Sylpher in his time of need.

http://www.sylpher.com/

Helm

I am sorry Sylpher, I cannot do that. I cannot invade the privacy of a person I've never met, even if it's to help a dear friend. If she won't listen to you, even when you've done your best, give it time. If she won't listen, given time too, then the gap cannot be bridged and it's time for you to cut your losses and move on.

This is just the wrong thing to do, in my oppinion.
WINTERKILL

Sylpher

Although I agree Helm in this case it is a little different.

Even

If it consoles you any, I did as you pleased.  I'm sorry such a thing has happened Sylph.  And I hope no one here tries to force you to share what you did.  I'm sure we respect you enough not to ask. :)

What was Mrs. Sylpher's name?  That's all I recall, and that she was very pretty and you were very fond of her.  I tried to express that in my email, but I fear no number of us emailing her will affect much.  But we can hope.

Sylpher

Thanks even.

rodekill

I don't think this is a good idea.
This is between you and her, and I don't think you should bring outsiders into it.
It may backfire on you.
I'm with Helm on this one.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Evil

well, if it was one of those stupid things that you did that you didnt mean to do, in my words pull an Evil, then send an "i'm sorry and i dont blame you for hating me but please think about taking me back into consideration" letter. other then that... um... try the samething... best of luck...

Sylpher

I understand your guys concern but really I promise it is okay. I am not meaning to open my problems up onto all of you. It is just something special I am trying to do. What I really want everyone to do is write stories...just whatever memories you have of me write. If one time I said a stupid joke that made you laugh then tell her about it. Just kind of a collage of sylpher stories. You people can say things about me and give a perspective on me that I never can. If you don't want to that is totally fine. But please don't not do it cause you feel like you budding in on something.

I would never bring something like this up here unless it was really important and you guys (and gals!) doing this is really important. There is a part of this whole thing I am doing that I can't really say...Catch me on mIRC or Messenger and I will tell you why I am really doing this.

evenwolf

I understand the gesture and myself contributed because I did witness many occassions upon which Sylpher proved an adequate mate for this girl.  But for most I can see how this would seem inappropriate.  Emailing Angela about a guy you merely know over the internet in a seemingly desparate act may seem trite.  However, this is Sylpher's vision and all emails sent to Angela are his responsibility- therefore I took the time to write.  I encourage only those who hold an understanding for Todd and Angela to write her.  From the way I used to hear him talk of her on IRC, I myself was jealous of such a relationship.  I can't stand to see my role model couple part.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Quickstrike

Sent her one.  I can feel some of your pain from the update on the website.  Good luck man!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

earlwood

Damn, Just as I finished, and looked up here e-mail I ran into this:
                        "Honesty is key"
oh well, if I were more regular at the boards I could write something good..like with a daring rescue,a brave battle agianst pope abusers, a dropped Ice cream cone, and a flaming bus full of nuns..

I can sorta be sympathetic for ya buddy, once I had a girlfriend in the 3rd grade, but I grew sideburns and forgot her name..

She kicked me in the nuts..

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Okay, I'll write through this is against my every single belief I'll write. Good luck Sylpher. One question however... What should I write in the subject line? Does she know you as Sylpher?
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Sylpher

Thanks, Sylpher is fine.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I sent her the chocolate pudding thread. Just curiosity, what DID you do wrong?
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Sylpher

I would like to thank you all who contributed and even all who didn't I respect your choice. The response was more then I could have ever asked for she loved them and we have been having some of the best conversations we have had in almost three years.

If you haven't wrote yet and would like to please do! One of my close friends just wrote today so please don't be shy. I have eyed a couple of the letters though not too much I would like to respect her and your peoples privacy but some of your words are just beautiful. I would especially like to thank Even...I have a collection of letters and writings and things I try to read on a daily basis and if it is okay I would like to add yours to it.

Anyways thanks again...All of you here have been like a family in the best and worst of situations and I appretiate it.

shitar

I really like Greeks because they're so smart and full of philosophy, and I know I'm to young to understand (and all that other crap) but Serbs and Greeks are mentally very much the same. But on this one (even though your my favorite AGSer) I have to agree that it's wrong to help somebody if it has to do with love, the people usually just make it worse. It is your life for you to fulfill by yourself, we shouldnt be meant to help you out in this type of situation. I understand and agree with Helm.
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

Sylpher

I understand what you guys are saying but I hope you as well understand my intentions. If I was hoping for all of you to solve my problems I would of made a post like...

"Subject: Female problems oh me oh my!

Hey guys I need help...I did this and this wrong but she did this wrong so what should I do????"

The point of all of this was to write to her in a way that is more creative or more special. I could of wrote and said all the things you people said but that would be arrogant and wrong. As well if any of you had something bad to say about me I could have wrote that as well which would of sounded self loathing. All I wanted was to write to her in a way that I alone could not.

Again I respect all of your decisions I hope this didn't seem like a solve my problems thread. More of a collaborative writing project of sorts. In any event she loved the e-mails and the general idea. Things aren't exactly wonderful or anything but we are at least talking again...and the conversations are pure poetry.

remixor

I'm sorry I haven't been here longer so I could have some amusing anecdote to share with Angela, but unfortunately I am still pretty new.  However, I'm glad to know those who have wrote have made some sort of impact, and I wish you the best of luck.
I understand why some people would feel this is a morally dubious situation, but I think in this case it's justified given the attitude Angela seems to have to this type of thing and the spirit in which Sylpher proposed the idea.  Again, good luck man!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

evenwolf

Woah, well I'm honored you received my letter in such a way Sylpher.  I of course, am amazed if simply writing emails to her opened her up to talking to you again.  Like I said, I felt I understood the notion from your perspective.  I suppose what the others would warn against now is lulling yourself into a position of false hope.  Not that it's false, if you still want it I say go for it- but naturally you'll have to do the work this time, not our emails.  :)

So is she talking talking?  Phone calls, in person?
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

n3tgraph

okay I helped you out Sylpher and sent an E-card

Good luck to you and I hope you'll get her back...

n3t
* N3TGraph airguitars!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk