Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots - STEAMED!

Started by CaptainD, Fri 29/12/2017 08:30:19

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

After a very long time, it's now available to wishlist on Steam!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1298280/Captain_Disaster_in_Death_Has_A_Million_Stomping_Boots/

Captain Disaster takes a job delivering a package from Acturus-1 to Proboscis Major - not realising that he is actually transporting something that will put the entire galaxy in danger!  Though just getting the package in the first place is quite a challenge in itself...

Quoteif  you are in the mood for a good old school point and click this is a hard game to pass up. (NeoRetro GO! review)

Our intrepid nitwit investigates interesting peculiar people, puzzling places and panicky problems along the way to saving the day, once he finally realises that something is wrong.  Expect lots of laughs and head-scratching dilemmas before you reach the shocking conclusion and find out what all this "Million Stomping Boots" business is actually about!

Game Details:

- Classic point-and-click adventure gaming action with a few new twists
- Retro 320x200 resolution graphics
- Fully voiced
- Epic music score
- Plenty of puzzles
- Plenty of adventure
- Plenty of comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LotUDjZQdY

Available now on Itch, FireFlower Games and GameJolt

Screenshots:

I'd like to thank the AGS community for all their support over the (just slightly long!) development process - it's been a difficult process at times and your encouragement has really helped keep me going. 

Also without TheBitPriest's amazing dedication to the project it would never have got completed.  Thanks buddy!

I've put the game page up now - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2227/.

cat

Congratulations! Finally it is done - I know how hard you have been working on this, with ups and downs, but you did it! I had the honour to test act 1 and 2 and the game is really great - classic puzzles, funny dialogs and hilarious references to almost every science fiction franchise between here and Acturus-1.

Don't forget to add the game to the AGS database Done :)

AnasAbdin

Congrats Dave! Finally man, I need the dose of Captain Disaster!

CrashPL

Excellent news indeed! Well done Captain, great job! :D What an awesome end-of-the-year gift that is!

LostTrainDude

YES! So happy to see this released at last :) Also extremely glad to have been part of the journey!
Cheers to you, cheers to the Captain! :D
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

CaptainD

Amayirot Akago

Thanks for asking me to do the VA, it was a lot of fun :D Hopefully I'll get around to playing it sometime soon.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

arj0n

TheBitPriest

Thanks all! As I said on the GIP thread, it was a wild ride.

Some day, we'll write up a good post-mortem. We had at least as much drama in our real lives as the game itself!

Hobo

Congratulations! Bought it as a birthday present for myself, so thanks for the well-chosen release date :)
This also makes it the first and only game I've ever purchased on day one.

SinSin

Congratulations dude.
I'm really proud of being part of your project . I wish you every success.

Currently working on a project!

Blondbraid

Two Tales

Yay! After half a decade of development it's here!! I've followed this for so long it would feel like a crime to not play it.
Congratulations!

CaptainD

It's really lovely to see so much support for the game!  We both really appreciate it.  Hobo - I feel honoured that CD is your very first "1st day purchase"! ;-D

Amayirot and SinSin did some really terrific voice work for the game, it wouldn't be the same without their input.

Thanks Arj0n and Blondbraid!

@Two Tales - well you wouldn't want to be guilty of a crime now, would you? :-D

dactylopus

Congratulations on the release!  This is one game I've been interested in for a while now.  Glad to see it out in the world!

WHAM

Good show! Glad to see another big project come to a successful close! :)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Snarky

Congrats! Do I need to play the first Cpt. Disaster game first?

SilverSpook

Congratulations on getting this out at last! Here's hoping you make a million in the first 48 hours and can retire to Hawaii. :)

TheBitPriest

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 29/12/2017 23:22:06
Congrats! Do I need to play the first Cpt. Disaster game first?

In a way, this is the first Captain Disaster game. It just took a little longer! There's one reference to The Dark Side of the Moon in Act 3 (maybe two).

You should give The Dark Side of the Moon a spin. It's clever, but there's no need to play it first.

Kweepa

You spelled 'haberdashery' wrong.
Do I qualify for a QA credit and a free copy?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

CaptainD

@dactylopus & WHAM - thanks guys! ;-D
@Snarky - well this has already been answered but not, the storylines for each game are completely self-contained. 8-)
@SilverSpook - haha well I did tell them at work that if I sold a million over the weekend, I wouldn't be coming in on Tuesday! (laugh)
@TheBitPriest - yep, Stomping Boots is technically the first, and always shall be!  (Hopefully, it will always be the one with the longest development cycle too...) (roll)
@Kweepa - nice try matey but what you saw was a glitch in the Acturan Mind Learning Interface, which occasionally surfaces when unusual minds are involved.  Since Captain Disaster's mind is certainly unusual, it is possible that this glitch will occur more than once, although we have tried to make sure this doesn't happen.  No promises.  No refunds! :-D

Amayirot Akago

Just started playing and I like what I'm seeing so far, however I did notice a glitch in the Speeder dealership where every time you click on the poster with the green lady on it, CD will give the same description of what it looks like regardless of whether you're interacting or using an inventory item on it. Just thought I'd let you know.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

CaptainD

Aw man where did this critter hide during the hundreds of hours of testing we put in?  I'll make a note of it, thanks.

If anyone else finds a bug can you please PM me.  Cheers.

Hope everyone who's playing is enjoying it! ;-D

Stupot

Bought and downloaded yesterday. Just looking out for some spare time to actually play it.

CaptainD

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 02/01/2018 05:18:36
Bought and downloaded yesterday. Just looking out for some spare time to actually play it.

Thanks Stu!  I really appreciate your support, and hope you enjoy it when you do manage to find time to play it.

Creamy

That's great news Dave! ;-D

I'll get right on it after Neofeud... and Unexpected at the rising star... and Kanji Gakusei... and the House without Windows... and Gnome's Homebrewing Adventure... and Conspiracy: Below-Zero... and Legend of Hand...

CaptainD

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 03/01/2018 22:43:13
That's great news Dave! ;-D

I'll get right on it after Neofeud... and Unexpected at the rising star... and Kanji Gakusei... and the House without Windows... and Gnome's Homebrewing Adventure... and Conspiracy: Below-Zero... and Legend of Hand...

Haha well I look forward to your thoughts on the game sometime in 2024 then mate! (laugh)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Taxler Endiosk

I worked on the demo for this, it's great to see the final product! If you have a fondness for planet-hopping sci-fi TV shows and movies of yesteryear, and you also like the idea of guiding a bumbling buffoon through a comedy of errors in deep space, give this game a try. Along the way you'll battle against galactic evildoers (not to mention various pieces of technology that are supposed to be there to help you) and cross paths with partying robots, huge translucent gelatinous shopkeepers, alien bureaucrats, and more...

HanaIndiana

CaptainD

Thanks MiteWiseacreLives!, Taxler Endiosk and HanaIndiana! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

I know some of you passionately hate walkthroughs - this next bit is NOT for you! - I have completed the Act I walkthrough.

Cassiebsg

Oh oh oh.... wait... this is finished and released! 8-0 :-D
Bit congratulations! Hope you sell a million copies (and then some more)... ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

Mandle

HUGE congratulations, mate!

This game is amazing and a true inspiration to everyone out there who thinks they could never get a quality full-length game finished and released. You showed how to do it: Keep at it no matter what even if it takes a decade of work here and there and involves tearing apart a lot of what you have previously made and rebuilding and/or trashing it.

Even though I have played various versions of the game through about 10 times during testing I will be sure to get the release version, treasure it, and perhaps finish my playthrough faster than the game took to create. ;)

CaptainD

Thanks everyone!

SilverSpook did a great video this morning of him playing the game, and I was around to help (or not, possibly) since I'm at home sick.  Which just goes to show, every cloud has a silverspook lining.  Or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRm41__6TLA

Another YouTuber did a Let's Play yesterday too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-NSHMpmDw

Mandle

I love watching Let's Plays of games that I love and especially games that I helped out/worked on and am rooting for!

Can't wait to follow these series!

SilverSpook

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 08/01/2018 15:22:04
Thanks everyone!

SilverSpook did a great video this morning of him playing the game, and I was around to help (or not, possibly) since I'm at home sick.  Which just goes to show, every cloud has a silverspook lining.  Or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRm41__6TLA

Good times! I think I'll have to play more point and clicks on the stream. It's nice to have a crowdsourced hint system when you get stuck :D  Great work on this game, lots of fun and more funny cheese-filling than a seven-layer cheese-only burrito.

CaptainD

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is now available from FireFlower Games.

For this release we also got some awesome new promo art by Kastchey :

dactylopus

Mandle

Can you make the image zoomable?

I wanna see those sweet details inside the ship!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 13/01/2018 12:43:34
Can you make the image zoomable?

I wanna see those sweet details inside the ship!

Your wish is my something that I will now do:

[imgzoom]http://fireflowergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CD_DHAMSB_Boxart.jpg[/imgzoom]

While I'm here, let me tell you that after a slight delay Captain Disaster is now available on GameJolt (CassieBSG, this one's for you! (laugh))

Mandle

Wow! What an awesome job of recreating the interior rooms!

I can see Zero-Bit's backside!

CaptainD

@Mandle - Zero-Bit is not impressed with your comment.

In other news - we got our first review! :) :) :) :)

https://neoretrogo.com/captain-disaster-death-million-stomping-boots-review

"The puzzles aren't the only enjoyable part of the game though, the story is absolutely delightful. If you like a humor filled sci-fi tale chocked to the brim with references many different science fiction properties than you won't be disappointed."

"Final thoughts: if  you are in the mood for a good old school point and click this is a hard game to pass up. Even if that isn't your forte, the story is a fun romp and to me really sells the game."

VERY happy with that review.  (Hoping to get that elusive 5 people to rate the game on the AGS game page to get an overall impression of what people thought of it too.)

Cassiebsg

Hey :)

I was trying to download the demo, but can't find the link. :-\ The link on the AGS dB just sends to itch and all I can see is the buy link.

CaptainD

The old demo from 2012 is still available but we're updating it to reflect the final quality of the game - has taken a little longer than expected due to RL issues but should be available soon.  I'll post when it is, will be putting it up on Itch and GameJolt (and FireFlower if they host demos).  Watch this space!

Cassiebsg

Okay, thanks for the heads up. (nod)
Hope it gets up before nominations are over, so I can play it. :)

CaptainD

Cassiebsg

Cool, dwled! :-D

PS- I hate installers! >:(

Cassiebsg

Nah, I'm just a simple person, that likes simple things (like drag and drop a folder out of a zip file, instead of having to find the folder where to install, and delete the startup shortcuts). But at least you don't force the game to be full screen, so I've now just finished it. :-D

But I'll admit, I did had to use the walkthrough once... just once...
Spoiler

Apparently I'm not as cheese smart as I thought. (laugh) (roll)
[close]

SilverSpook

Kini

Just completed the demo. Loved it :-D More than happy to pay for the full thing to support this. Well done!

CaptainD

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 05/02/2018 22:16:14
Nice job man! :) Hope the sales are still moving.

Thanks mate!  There are glaciers that are moving a lot quicker tbh, but hopefully things will pick up when more reviews appear.

Quote from: Kini on Sat 10/02/2018 09:34:49
Just completed the demo. Loved it :-D More than happy to pay for the full thing to support this. Well done!

Thanks - really glad you enjoyed the demo, hope you enjoy the full game even more! ;-D

Mandle

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 11/02/2018 00:36:26
Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 10/02/2018 19:58:04
There are glaciers that are moving a lot quicker

Not for much longer...

Thank you for that reminder about global warming...

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 11/02/2018 10:45:26
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 11/02/2018 00:36:26
Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 10/02/2018 19:58:04
There are glaciers that are moving a lot quicker

Not for much longer...

Thank you for that reminder about global warming...

The thread title says "Disaster"... :P

Kastchey

I feel a bit silly for posting this with a month's delay, but anyway - for Mandle and anyone else who wants to see the details of the cross section in its original resolution, here it is:
[imgzoom]https://s18.postimg.org/6uvvpe3y1/CD2_DHAMSB-cover_315x250_2.png[/imgzoom]

(Had to be resized on the promo art due to the host's image size requirements)

CaptainD

You need no excuse to share your awesome artwork mate, whether a week or a month later! ;-D

I also love the artistic licence taken with the positioning of the rooms inside the ship to show things off to maximum effect.

Mandle

Kastchey

QuoteI also love the artistic licence taken with the positioning of the rooms inside the ship to show things off to maximum effect.
Shhhh! No one was supposed to notice ;D

Cassiebsg

Who do you take us for? We're adventure game masters! Not only did we noticed it, we are also aware of real space/room dissociation happening inside adventure games! (laugh)

And the small details look great btw. (nod)

CaptainD

Twitter peeps!  When this tweet reaches 50 Likes and ReTweets, I'm going to do a 2-day sale on Itch for 25% off the game's normal price.  So head over to Twitter and help this happen sooner!

(Twitter participation not required to take advantage of the special offer when it happens of course :grin:)

SilverSpook

I would buy it again, but I've already bought it like technically twice. :)

Everyone else go buy it, or dishonor on your space cow!

CaptainD

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is just $4.99 (instead of $8.99) until 1:00pm on Wednesday 4th April!
https://gamejolt.com/games/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots/151665

dactylopus

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 03/04/2018 12:44:42
Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is just $4.99 (instead of $8.99) until 1:00pm on Wednesday 4th April!
https://gamejolt.com/games/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots/151665
Nice sale.  Too bad I missed it.  Also, congratulations on your AGS Awards wins for this game!

CaptainD

Thanks buddy! :cheesy::cheesy:

Quite happy to rerun the promotion, PM me if you'd like to pick a date range :wink:

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 06/04/2018 09:29:52
Quite happy to rerun the promotion, PM me if you'd like to pick a date range :wink:

How about the year the game is set in!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 15/04/2018 00:39:15
Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 06/04/2018 09:29:52

How about the year the game is set in!

What?!?  This isn't the Trials Evolution Riddle!!! :grin::grin::grin:

The game will be on sale on GameJolt from midday Thursday 19th April 2018 to midnight Monday 23rd April 2018 - $4.99 instead of $8.99:

I'm unofficially calling this the "Dactylopus Sale"!

dactylopus

CaptainD

Running a sale on Itch for Star Wars day - 44% off for 4 days from 4th May. 8-)
https://itch.io/s/11057/may-the-fourth-sale-be-for-four-days

Just because there aren't enough 4s in that, we're set a goal of $44.44 too.

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 03/05/2018 14:15:07
Running a sale on Itch for Star Wars day - 44% off for 4 days from 4th May. 8-)
https://itch.io/s/11057/may-the-fourth-sale-be-for-four-days

Just because there aren't enough 4s in that, we're set a goal of $44.44 too.

Might turn off your massive potential audience base in Japan. 4 is an unlucky number here as it is pronounced "shi" which also means "death". And the more in a row, the worse it is. Bad things happen in Japanese horror movies at 4:44 (instead of Friday 13th). Room numbers usually skip room 4, 44, 444 etc. in hotels and hospitals.

Oh wait, there is no massive potential audience base in Japan for western games.

Carry on!

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 04/05/2018 08:16:27
Also, "Death" is in the title... (roll)(roll)

Okay, now I must translate the entire title into Japanese:

ã‚«ãÆ'â€"ã‚¿ãÆ'¼ãÆ'³.ãÆ'‚ザスタãÆ'¼ã®: 死はçâ,,¢Â¾Ã¤Â¸â€¡Ã¥â,¬â€¹Ã£ÂÂ®Ã¨Â¸ÂÃ£â€šâ,¬Ã£Æ'â€"ãÆ'¼ãÆ'„を履く

KAPUTAAN JIZASUTAA NO: SHI WA HYAKU MAN KO NO FUMU BUUTSU WO HAKU

(Captain Disaster's: Death A Million Stomping Boots Wears)

lorenzo

CaptainD

Thanks Lorenzo! Hope you enjoy it ;-D

Thanks Mandle for the translation. I'm sure it will come in handy some day...

SilverSpook

Neofeud has actually sold several dozen Steam copies in Japan as well as China! So I wouldn't say the market for adventure games there is completely non-existent. :)

Mandle

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sat 05/05/2018 23:28:16
Neofeud has actually sold several dozen Steam copies in Japan as well as China! So I wouldn't say the market for adventure games there is completely non-existent. :)

Good to hear! The cyberpunk theme might have a lot to do with that as well of course. I'm not sure about sci-fi comedy with a lead Brummie character. Might go over heads. (laugh)

CaptainD

I've just activated the Captain Disaster Treble bundle - this contains Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots and 2 Captain Disaster ebooks - for $6.99 (normal combined price of the 3 items would be $11.49):

https://itch.io/s/11291/disaster-treble

This bundle will be live until midnight on 9th June 2018.

lorenzo

I have played Captain Disaster some weeks ago and I had a blast!

Dialogues and descriptions are well-written and amusing.
Puzzles are just right: not too difficult, not too easy. Many were very creative and memorable, I had a lot of fun playing the game.

Graphics were nice and colourful.
Spoiler
Some backgrounds looked like they were drawn by different people, I'm not sure. The style wasn't completely cohesive, but maybe it's just me! But I'm just nitpicking.
[close]

Great job on the voice acting, it was really good.
The only sore note was Sir Mix-A-Bot, the Robot DJ. I have absolutely no idea ((roll)) who voiced him, but man! that guy was terrible.

A few (minor) complaints:
Spoiler

The last act felt a bit rushed and less polished. It felt a bit short and its puzzles weren't as interesting as those in the rest of the game. The final one, especially, was a bit anticlimactic.

The story is a bit uneven. The villain doesn't get much exposure until the end, and his plan wasn't very clear. I would have liked to at least see those million stomping boots of the title! Instead, I was left a bit confused about the whole evil plan.

In general, I wish the game were longer. Probably because I had so much fun with it!
[close]

But, as I said, these are just small complaints. It was a very enjoyable game and I can totally recommend it to anyone who likes adventure games and sci-fi!
I hope to see more Captain's adventures in the future! :cheesy:

NickyNyce

Congrats on a very enjoyable game. I too had a blast playing and couldn't seem to stop until I completed it. Very cool puzzles that were fun and enjoyable with a good variety of them mixed in. The game flowed really well and although the graphics could have been a bit more polished, they had a nice charm to them. I loved every bit of it.

Thanks to you and your team for a fun ride. Looking forward to your next game!

Mandle

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 31/05/2018 20:04:50
Great job on the voice acting, it was really good.
The only sore note was Sir Mix-A-Bot, the Robot DJ. I have absolutely no idea ((roll)) who voiced him, but man! that guy was terrible.

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

CaptainD

Thanks for the feedback lorenzo and Nicky Nyce!  So glad you enjoyed the game. ;-D

Also, that Mandle... I mean man, he kept bugging me to turn down the volume of everything else when his character was speaking...  Great voice performance but what a prima donna! (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 08/06/2018 08:58:58
Also, that Mandle... I mean man, he kept bugging me to turn down the volume of everything else when his character was speaking...  Great voice performance but what a prima donna! (laugh)

And it's still too loud! (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

CaptainD

For one week only, you can get Captain Disaster at a mighty 56% discount including music and ambient SFX too loud to hear Mandle's voice acting (at least to his liking)!

https://captaind.itch.io/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots

Mandle

You certainly are sir-milk-a-muggling this joke for all it's worth (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Mandle

Now less than half-a-day left to get two halves of the game at more than less than half of half-price!

CaptainD

There are now 100 minutes to get the game at 100% of 56% of the normal price.

CaptainD

Still searching for sales?

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is just $3.99 on GameJolt from now until the end of July 2018:

"an absolutely bonkers, dangerous, grand adventure!" ~(Wraithkal)

"If you enjoy old-school point-and-click games and space comedy, go and get Captain Disaster in Death Has a Million Stomping Boots; you won't regret it" (Adventuregamers)

"What I loved most about this game is that it is well-written with a delightful sense of comic humor." (JustAdventure)

"Captain Disaster turned out to be an incredibly in-depth adventure with a world more vivid than we imagined" (BigBossBattle)

"a throwback point and click adventure with a nice, comical, story" (The Loot Gaming)

Ionias

I just downloaded this game and it suits perfectly. I had a lot of fun.

CaptainD

Quote from: Ionias on Sun 08/07/2018 20:12:23
I just downloaded this game and it suits perfectly. I had a lot of fun.

Very happy to hear it!  :cheesy:

CaptainD

The game is available at a whopping 60% discount over at FireFlower Games until 7th September 2018.

CaptainD

Really chuffed with a new review that game that was posted today :
https://xgeeks.co.uk/2018/10/04/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots-review/ ;-D

"For gamers passionate about point and click games, Captain Disaster is a shining example of the genre. The array of unique and interesting puzzles is perfectly blended with quirky humour, pop culture references and skilled storytelling. It's everything a point and click game should be and more!"

Blondbraid

The Suitor

I commend you for this, man. I've tracked this project for quite a while, and after a year of not logging into the forums, I just bought it, posting this message. Looking forward to playing it!

CaptainD

Quote from: The Suitor on Mon 22/10/2018 02:59:43
I commend you for this, man. I've tracked this project for quite a while, and after a year of not logging into the forums, I just bought it, posting this message. Looking forward to playing it!

Wow what a blast from the past!  I really hope you enjoy the game ;-D  TheBitPriest and myself managed to keep stomping along until we got it finished.

CaptainD

I've released details of a sale I'm going to do in December.  But... it's a little different from previous sales.  It's interactive... kind of.  The more targets I hit (in terms of followers, downloads, etc) the bigger discount I'll give in the sale.

Full details here.

CaptainD

8 days left before the sale.  Currently sitting at 34% discount - still time for the price to come down more!
http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/2018/10/december-sale-details.html

CaptainD

Okay the sale is live!  40% off for the next eight days:

Average rating on Itch is currently 96% (4.8 stars out of 5)

Ratings on AGS page:

Visual: 80%
Immersion: 92%
Puzzles & Pacing: 94%
Overall Enjoyment: 91%

"As a light-hearted comedy adventure with a few head-scratching puzzles, any fans of Space Quest or Zac McKracken will find plenty here to enjoy." (The Reticule - rating "On Target")

"a throwback point and click adventure with a nice, comical, story"  (The Loot Gaming - rating 77/100)

"What I loved most about this game is that it is well-written with a delightful sense of comic humor." (JustAdventure - rating A-)

"an absolutely bonkers, dangerous, grand adventure!" (Wraithkal)

"Captain Disaster turned out to be an incredibly in-depth adventure with a world more vivid than we imagined" (BigBossBattle)

CaptainD

I've decided to start the year with a bang so Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is available as Pay What You Want - yes, even if what you want to pay is nothing! - for the next 48 hours.

Also both ebooks on Itch are PWYW for the same period:
https://captaind.itch.io/captain-disaster-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-ebook
https://captaind.itch.io/captain-disaster-the-damaris-touch

xandmatt

Nothing like hearing a lead character with a local accent (ish). The Saleswoman's jokes about Brummie are spot-on. Ya'm done good there, mate.

Looking forward to keep on playing, arr.

CaptainD

Quote from: xandmatt on Sat 05/01/2019 17:11:39
Nothing like hearing a lead character with a local accent (ish). The Saleswoman's jokes about Brummie are spot-on. Ya'm done good there, mate.

Looking forward to keep on playing, arr.

I can only imagine what my attempt at Brummie sounds like to you!  :grin:  The Saleswoman at least IS an authentic Brummie.  Hope you enjoy the game. Please leave a rating on Itch if you do!  ;)

xandmatt

I am enjoying it so far - on the second part of the game. The second act's main puzzle thread of

Spoiler
Having to fool the hand sensor is a pretty cool quest, and ties into the main character's characterisation very well.
[close]

xandmatt

Finished it - I really, really enjoyed this. Found it very funny, sparks of originality in some of the puzzles and I was sad when I finished it. Good job!

CaptainD

CaptainD

In honour of the game having been released 404 days ago and the famous browser error message, I've put the game on half-price sale for the next couple of days. 

CaptainD

I was going to make the game free for just Star Wars day, but I decided to make it free for the whole week.  If you've always wanted to play it but been too skint, go ahead and download it.

CaptainD

Only a couple more days to get Stomping Boots along with 6 other great point & clicks in the Super Comedy Adventure Bargain Bundle!
https://itch.io/b/389/scabb

(Bundle also contains Trails & Traces: The Tomb of Thomas Tew, Clam Man, Legend of Hand, Yet Another Hero Story, The Beard in the Mirror and The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle)

CaptainD

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is a mere 2 Euros over at FireFlower Games right now...
https://fireflowergames.com/products/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots

CaptainD

I have made this - and indeed all my stuff on Itch - free until Monday noon. Hopefully it will help those in isolation stay entertained!
https://itch.io/s/28988/isolation-helper-giveaway

lorenzo

CaptainD

Captain Disaster is finally coming to Steam!

Tentative release date 22nd May 2020.  I'll post again when the Steam Page is public.

Just to be clear, this is the exact same game as already available on Itch, GameJolt, etc - we will not be adding Steam achievements or anything to this particular game.

lorenzo

This game is a lot of fun, hopefully it will reach more people on Steam!

Privateer Puddin'

Add achievements later.. you can use one of the marketing rounds to get a bump in views ;)

CaptainD

@Lorenzo - thanks!
@Provateer_Puddin' - unfortunately there are reasons this won't happen, but planning to add achievements to other games...

One more note - if anyone has already bought the game on Itch (not grabbed it on free offer), you will be able to claim a Steam key there.

ManicMatt

Oh, that's a good idea! I'll do the same thing if my commercial itch released games see a Steam release in the near future.

CaptainD

It's here!!!  ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1298280/Captain_Disaster_in_Death_Has_A_Million_Stomping_Boots/

If you bought the game on Itch you will be able to claim a Steam key there as well, but please bear with me while I get this sorted out - I'll publish a devlog on Itch when it's ready.

Anyone who's been my patron for 6 months or more will be sent a complimentary key on Patreon.

Anyone involved in testing / voice acting etc, if you would like a complimentary Steam key please PM me here.

Also if anyone wants to hear me waffle about game design and stuff, my interview with AdventureGamePodcast is now out:
https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/episode-65-interview-with-captain-d/id1447524299?i=1000476145486

Slasher

Love your Podcast Interview Captain  (nod)

Long live Captain Disaster  (laugh)

lorenzo

Nice interview! Now I want to know more about all those mysterious projects you're working on...

CaptainD

Thanks Lorenzo!  All shall be revealed in good time...

In the meantime I have a request - if anyone bought the game on Itch and left a review, now that you have your Steam copy would you mind awfully posting a review on Steam as well? Sorry to be a pain but it's really difficult for small indies to get noticed and most often if you don't ask you don't get!   ;)

CaptainD

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is currently half-price as part of the Itch Summer Sale.  Steam key is included (I can't include the game in the steam Summer Sale unfortunately as it was released too close to the start of the sale date.)

Mandle

I don't trust Steam. It's made from water. And I have been H2O free for about three... >zzzzzzt<... two months now.

CaptainD

I hope someone else understands the wonderfully meta nature of Mandle's post!  :-D

CaptainD

Flash sale of Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots:

80% off (Itch only) until The Corruption Within is released (18:00BST on 9th June 2021)

CaptainD

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is 75% off as part of my Star Wars Day sale (Captain Disaster ebooks / audiobooks also discounted):

https://itch.io/s/70231/star-wars-day

CaptainD

CaptainD

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is currently half-price on Itch:

(In fact all my stuff on Itch is half-price for another couple of days)

CaptainD

On sale again for the #SteamAutumnSale - 60% off!

If anyone gets it and enjoys it (or has previously bought it and enjoyed it), the game still only has 18 reviews on Steam so more would be very welcome! :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk