Autumn of Death: Black Friday II

Started by Danvzare, Mon 28/11/2022 11:57:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

The sequel to my point and click adventure game, Black Friday.

It's been twenty years since the incident, but the killer scarecrow has finally come back. Will this brand new group of five teenagers be able to accomplish what their predecessors failed to do, and rid the world of this pumpkin-headed scarecrow once and for all, or will they end up barely surviving a traumatizing event that will haunt them for the rest of their lives?

A homage to the slasher movies of the 80s in the form of a point and click adventure game, with some gameplay elements reminiscent of the Clock Tower series. With multiple endings, longer puzzles, and a deeper story, this is sure to please any fan of adventure games, horror, or slasher movies in general.

• Two-click interface: left-click to interact, right-click to examine.
  • Spacebar to pause.
  • F5 to open save menu, F7 to open load menu.
  • Contains strong themes and gore.
  • Multiple playable characters.
  • Multiple endings.
  • Game length 1 to 3 hours, depending on player skill.

Processor: Intel or AMD CPU

Memory: 512 MB RAM

Graphics: DirectDraw or DirectX compatible card

DirectX: Version 9.0c or above

Monitor: 800x600 or above

Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Additional Notes: Mouse, keyboard

If you like the game, why not
play this game's prequel here for free.

Danvzare

My game was released a week ago, but I figured that since the soundtrack is technically Midi, why not render it out using a high quality soundfont and upload it for others to listen to.

The game's out, and now you can listen to the music for free on both GameJolt and Itchio.  :-D

SarahLiz

Enjoyed playing the game!  I kept getting killed so I got frustrated (but that's just me--I like an "easy" or "exploration only" mode when I play adventure games, haha.  But the atmosphere & graphics were nice--I feel like you can't go wrong when you're exploring a house, trying to figure out how to survive.

All in all, a lovely sequel.  I'm trying to find a playthrough online so I can see how it turns out! 

Danvzare

Quote from: SarahLiz on Thu 08/12/2022 00:23:48Enjoyed playing the game!  I kept getting killed so I got frustrated (but that's just me--I like an "easy" or "exploration only" mode when I play adventure games, haha.  But the atmosphere & graphics were nice--I feel like you can't go wrong when you're exploring a house, trying to figure out how to survive.

All in all, a lovely sequel.  I'm trying to find a playthrough online so I can see how it turns out! 

Thank you very much for playing my game.  :-D
I don't think there's a playthrough online yet, but if you're struggling with the game, I don't mind providing a few hints.

And if you really want, I could always update the game to have an "exploration mode", so you don't have to worry about the Scarecrow.  :-D
Although he is very easy to avoid once you know how.

Danvzare

Just to let everyone know, Autumn of Death: Black Friday II is free on Itchio for the entire week: https://itch.io/s/108682/black-friday-sale

It's also 90% off on GameJolt (because I couldn't figure out how to set it to 100%).

I figured that since it was Black Friday and my game is called Black Friday, it only made sense to give it away on Black Friday.  :-D

Mandle

Oh, awesome. Just picked it up. Loved the first game.

TheTMD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk