Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots - STEAMED!

Started by CaptainD, Fri 29/12/2017 08:30:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 04/05/2018 08:16:27
Also, "Death" is in the title... (roll)(roll)

Okay, now I must translate the entire title into Japanese:

ã‚«ãÆ'â€"ã‚¿ãÆ'¼ãÆ'³.ãÆ'‚ザスタãÆ'¼ã®: 死はçâ,,¢Â¾Ã¤Â¸â€¡Ã¥â,¬â€¹Ã£ÂÂ®Ã¨Â¸ÂÃ£â€šâ,¬Ã£Æ'â€"ãÆ'¼ãÆ'„を履く

KAPUTAAN JIZASUTAA NO: SHI WA HYAKU MAN KO NO FUMU BUUTSU WO HAKU

(Captain Disaster's: Death A Million Stomping Boots Wears)

lorenzo

CaptainD

Thanks Lorenzo! Hope you enjoy it ;-D

Thanks Mandle for the translation. I'm sure it will come in handy some day...

SilverSpook

Neofeud has actually sold several dozen Steam copies in Japan as well as China! So I wouldn't say the market for adventure games there is completely non-existent. :)

Mandle

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sat 05/05/2018 23:28:16
Neofeud has actually sold several dozen Steam copies in Japan as well as China! So I wouldn't say the market for adventure games there is completely non-existent. :)

Good to hear! The cyberpunk theme might have a lot to do with that as well of course. I'm not sure about sci-fi comedy with a lead Brummie character. Might go over heads. (laugh)

CaptainD

I've just activated the Captain Disaster Treble bundle - this contains Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots and 2 Captain Disaster ebooks - for $6.99 (normal combined price of the 3 items would be $11.49):

https://itch.io/s/11291/disaster-treble

This bundle will be live until midnight on 9th June 2018.

lorenzo

I have played Captain Disaster some weeks ago and I had a blast!

Dialogues and descriptions are well-written and amusing.
Puzzles are just right: not too difficult, not too easy. Many were very creative and memorable, I had a lot of fun playing the game.

Graphics were nice and colourful.
Spoiler
Some backgrounds looked like they were drawn by different people, I'm not sure. The style wasn't completely cohesive, but maybe it's just me! But I'm just nitpicking.
[close]

Great job on the voice acting, it was really good.
The only sore note was Sir Mix-A-Bot, the Robot DJ. I have absolutely no idea ((roll)) who voiced him, but man! that guy was terrible.

A few (minor) complaints:
Spoiler

The last act felt a bit rushed and less polished. It felt a bit short and its puzzles weren't as interesting as those in the rest of the game. The final one, especially, was a bit anticlimactic.

The story is a bit uneven. The villain doesn't get much exposure until the end, and his plan wasn't very clear. I would have liked to at least see those million stomping boots of the title! Instead, I was left a bit confused about the whole evil plan.

In general, I wish the game were longer. Probably because I had so much fun with it!
[close]

But, as I said, these are just small complaints. It was a very enjoyable game and I can totally recommend it to anyone who likes adventure games and sci-fi!
I hope to see more Captain's adventures in the future! :cheesy:

NickyNyce

Congrats on a very enjoyable game. I too had a blast playing and couldn't seem to stop until I completed it. Very cool puzzles that were fun and enjoyable with a good variety of them mixed in. The game flowed really well and although the graphics could have been a bit more polished, they had a nice charm to them. I loved every bit of it.

Thanks to you and your team for a fun ride. Looking forward to your next game!

Mandle

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 31/05/2018 20:04:50
Great job on the voice acting, it was really good.
The only sore note was Sir Mix-A-Bot, the Robot DJ. I have absolutely no idea ((roll)) who voiced him, but man! that guy was terrible.

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

CaptainD

Thanks for the feedback lorenzo and Nicky Nyce!  So glad you enjoyed the game. ;-D

Also, that Mandle... I mean man, he kept bugging me to turn down the volume of everything else when his character was speaking...  Great voice performance but what a prima donna! (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 08/06/2018 08:58:58
Also, that Mandle... I mean man, he kept bugging me to turn down the volume of everything else when his character was speaking...  Great voice performance but what a prima donna! (laugh)

And it's still too loud! (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

CaptainD

For one week only, you can get Captain Disaster at a mighty 56% discount including music and ambient SFX too loud to hear Mandle's voice acting (at least to his liking)!

https://captaind.itch.io/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots

Mandle

You certainly are sir-milk-a-muggling this joke for all it's worth (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Mandle

Now less than half-a-day left to get two halves of the game at more than less than half of half-price!

CaptainD

There are now 100 minutes to get the game at 100% of 56% of the normal price.

CaptainD

Still searching for sales?

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots is just $3.99 on GameJolt from now until the end of July 2018:

https://gamejolt.com/games/captain-disaster-in-death-has-a-million-stomping-boots/151665

"an absolutely bonkers, dangerous, grand adventure!" ~(Wraithkal)

"If you enjoy old-school point-and-click games and space comedy, go and get Captain Disaster in Death Has a Million Stomping Boots; you won't regret it" (Adventuregamers)

"What I loved most about this game is that it is well-written with a delightful sense of comic humor." (JustAdventure)

"Captain Disaster turned out to be an incredibly in-depth adventure with a world more vivid than we imagined" (BigBossBattle)

"a throwback point and click adventure with a nice, comical, story" (The Loot Gaming)

Ionias

I just downloaded this game and it suits perfectly. I had a lot of fun.

CaptainD

Quote from: Ionias on Sun 08/07/2018 20:12:23
I just downloaded this game and it suits perfectly. I had a lot of fun.

Very happy to hear it!  :cheesy:

CaptainD

The game is available at a whopping 60% discount over at FireFlower Games until 7th September 2018.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk