What are your goals for 2018?

Started by milkanannan, Sat 30/12/2017 05:28:20

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Just curious what others are aiming for in the new year. This post inspired by my own boxed thinking ~ having trouble expanding my goals beyond the typical 'work harder/live healthier' thing.

Click'd

I never had goals, so you are way ahead of me.

Amayirot Akago

Pay back my outstanding debt to my parents and save up so I can finally move out of the house and into my own apartment. Also maybe get back into Twitch streaming and build a Windows 98 machine for older games, and finally watch all the old Star Trek series like I've been meaning to do for ages.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

milkanannan

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Sat 30/12/2017 05:58:10
I never had goals, so you are way ahead of me.
(laugh) Sorry this made me laugh out loud for some reason. Yeah, I'd probably be better off not making goals anyway as I never seem to be able to achieve them.

milkanannan

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sat 30/12/2017 09:17:23
Pay back my outstanding debt to my parents and save up so I can finally move out of the house and into my own apartment. Also maybe get back into Twitch streaming and build a Windows 98 machine for older games, and finally watch all the old Star Trek series like I've been meaning to do for ages.

Nice. I need to think of a goal that involves watching movies/TV too. Maybe I'll try watching a movie from each and every country in Europe or something.

Danvzare

My goal next year is to make another game using AGS, no matter how small.
And to work on the projects I've already got started, no matter how little I get done.
Other than that though, nothing in particular comes to mind, other than the usual stuff such as passing my courses.

As for working harder and being healthier. Nope, not a chance. I'm not exactly healthy, but I'm healthy enough for me to be happy. And as for working harder, if I work any harder than I do now, then I'm probably going to suffer from a mental breakdown. (laugh)

milkanannan

Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 30/12/2017 12:56:25
As for working harder and being healthier. Nope, not a chance.

Hehe well if you are still finishing courses then you likely have your youth, which means you still have the privilege of being able to abuse your body. Enjoy it while you can! (laugh)

Ryan Timothy B

I will have quit my good paying job to go to school. I start Jan 15. Follow your dreams they say.

Crimson Wizard

My goal is to break from AGS, try to forget about this place, and find out if there is anything left in this life that I can enjoy to do.

milkanannan

Quote from: Ryan Timoothy on Sat 30/12/2017 14:50:22
I will have quit my good paying job to go to school. I start Jan 15. Follow your dreams they say.

What are you studying?

milkanannan

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 30/12/2017 17:19:30
My goal is to break from AGS, try to forget about this place, and find out if there is anything left in this life that I can enjoy to do.

Try ESL. Find a country that resonates with you and start an entirely new adventure.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Amayirot Akago on Sat 30/12/2017 09:17:23
Pay back my outstanding debt to my parents

How can you put a number equivalent to infinity?

Good luck with that (laugh)

My goal is to take my parents and relocate where any of my siblings live (since they are not moving where my parent and I are now)

[delete}

Looking forward to solder Honeywell pushbuttons on ARM singleboard computers in 2018.

Even adventures like Grundislav's A Golden Wake are running on an ODROID C2 (using ExaGear Desktop.

milkanannan

Quote from: Amélie on Sun 31/12/2017 12:49:29
Looking forward to solder Honeywell pushbuttons on ARM singleboard computers in 2018.

Not sure what you mean. You make keyboards for a living?

Blondbraid

I guess my goals are similar to Danvzare's, I'm trying to finish my current AGS project and hopefully make it in a slightly bigger scope and better animated than my last game.
Also, finish my education with good grades.

Peder 🚀

I'd like to finish a project for once... (not AGS related).

Sounds like a good goal.

WHAM

Goals for 2018:

- Release the final version of GNRBLEX
- Release 1 or more new game projects, probably for a MAGS
- Participate in 2 or more Fortnightly Writing Competitions
- Get through and recover from 2 surgeries
- Lose 10 kilos of weight
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

arj0n

Finishing and release:

- LSL1,
- Treasure Island,
- SRAM2,
- KQV.

CaptainD

Purely in terms of AGS (won't bore you with other goals :grin:):
- to sell enough copies of Stomping Boots that will allow me to have covered my costs associated with the game and pay the Steam Direct fee
- to release Robo Football World Cup Manager
- release another Captain Disaster game (not as big as Stomping Boots obviously)
- create the puzzle game I've been designing in my head (called "Exit Strategy")
- actually attend Adventure-X this year
- help some other people's cool projects reach completion in some way

Tabata

My personal new year's goal stays the same like lots of past ones ...
... avoid setting new year's goal(s) :cool:
It's because those goals more often fail than those made when done at the right time during the year. (nod)
When I get the conclusion that time has come to change something in my life - I try to start reaching that goal immediately
and don't wait for another year to start it. :wink:

... not to forget:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk