Hidden Plains - A survival/adventure

Started by Jack, Sun 31/12/2017 13:19:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Hidden Plains is a survival / adventure game hybrid, in which you take the role of Terry B. Davis, a relic hunter on the trail of a long lost survey ship, when you crash on a Y-type planet.

Collect parts to repair your ship, meet the locals, learn about the illegal operation being hidden on this planet, and possibly discover your destiny.

Resolution: 640 x 360

Controls:

Left click: Interact
Right click: Examine

Esc: Pause menu
F9: Quicksave
Q: Quit

Download

Slasher

CaptainD

This one looks really interesting - congrats on the release!

Shadow1000

I completed the game.

The graphics and animation are superb. Great game system once you get the hang of it. I liked the aspect of having the resources management as part of the game.

However, I found that a lot of the game play time was spent waiting for the character to walk across the screen or across the map while making stopovers for podnuts. I think that the overall experience would be more fun if there wouldn't be so much waiting.

Just my opinion...

Jack

Thanks Slasher and CaptainD, and thanks Shadow1000 for the review and suggestions. Thinking of making something very similar next, so I will keep all this in mind.

Jack

I've made a trailer for it. Screenshots didn't really capture the feel of the game.

Hidden Plains Trailer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk