AGS Awards 2017 - Results!

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2018 09:06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 22/03/2018 16:07:05
Quote from: Snarky on Thu 22/03/2018 15:57:38
if you're a regular IRC user, you should be able to use your NICKSERV-registered, password-protected nickname.

And if not? Still able to join?
Quote from: Snarky on Thu 22/03/2018 16:10:32
Yeah, if you use a non-registered nick you can simply log on through the client as normal.

Apparently I lied. Due to a bug you can't currently log on without a password. I'll fix that, obviously.

Thanks for everyone participating, and thanks for detailed bug reports and requests.

selmiak

Quote from: cat on Thu 22/03/2018 20:18:22
@selmiak: update the profile.dat, as described by Snarky.
I was in the normal #ags IRC with the same nick, that broke the client. A message, that the nick is already in use would be preferred ;)
Deleting the profile.dat and retrying with a new nick helped.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 22/03/2018 20:47:43
the GUI for the text with the black transparent BG is very annoying and blocks for the action.
Can you remove it or give an option to remove it?

Personally I would rather have the text in the empty space to the left between the top buttons and the lower clapping buttons... (and limited in lenght to not bleed into the stage. But that might just be me ;)
+2
one for each point :)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Haven't been around much lately... will we see a final download Saturday?

Snarky

Yes. A crack team of dedicated men and women are still hard at work putting the final touches on the ceremony, but there will be a download at least several hours before the ceremony. When it's ready it will be announced in this thread.

shaun9991

Looking forward to the ceremony! Thanks to the organisers for all their hard work :D
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

LostTrainDude

Thanks for making this possible again, this year, folks! :D
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 24/03/2018 10:48:32
Yes. A crack team of dedicated men and women are still hard at work putting the final touches on the ceremony, but there will be a download at least several hours before the ceremony. When it's ready it will be announced in this thread.

Any time soon?

Stupot

Have fun folks. And good luck to all the nominees. Can't wait to see the video :-)

horusr

Anyone has a list of people who will stream the ceremony? I heard silver spook and gamewalker will stream and gurok will record for uploading later.

SilverSpook

Hey there, let me know when it's ready to go! If you want to see my stream here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur

Snarky

I've had a bit of difficulty, due to trying to get too many things in at the last minute.

Just as I was about to call it and upload the final build, I discovered a series of fatal bugs. (Hopefully) fixing them has unfortunately meant having to disable several nice bits of functionality that was supposed to be in. :~(

... Aanyway, I do have a final build now. However, it's taking ages to upload it for some reason. As soon as it's up I will post the link.

CaptainD

Thanks for all your hard work on this Snarky!

Mandle

Cassiebsg

Maybe once the awards are done, we could open a thread called "AGS AWARDS 2018 - Suggestions" or something like that, so who ever wants to work on it, can start working with it already after the awards and not wait 10+ months to start? ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

We have that every year, Cassie. There is no shortage of suggestions to be working on, just time to do it in.

A big part of the work is importing all the game resources from the nominated games, a part of the work that cannot be done very far ahead of time.

Haggis

I suggest having a cut off point for award client upgrades BEFORE the award nominees are announced.

Once the nominees are announced updates are then solely related to the awards themselves e.g. nominated game content.

Saves having to do both in a tight window.

Cassiebsg

Do we have a thread for the awards? Didn't realize that, need to go look for it.
Yes, importing the stuff can't be done before hand, but a lot of the stuff we noticed was missing in the client during the test run was not related to the importing of data.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

The awards channel will be moderated, i.e. it is muted while presentations go on.

Join #AGS with any irc client to chat with other people now and during the ceremony

Server: irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk
Channel: #ags
If you don't have an IRC client, you can use this web client.

Haggis

Exactly - which is why that should all be dealt with beforehand (suggested updates, testing etc) rather than come out the woodwork when testing the nominee content.

cat

No need to discuss this now. We can see later if there is a way to improve it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk