AGS Awards 2017 - Results!

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2018 09:06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

LimpingFish

Well done to all winners and nominees! A really strong year with some awesome stuff on show. Thanks to cat and Snarky, and everybody else involved, for their dedication to bringing us this years ceremony. Really top notch work, guys. ;-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Gurok

I have uploaded the awards ceremony for 2017 to YouTube

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stupot

Quote from: Gurok on Sun 25/03/2018 03:33:27
I have uploaded the awards ceremony for 2017 to YouTube

Nicez thanks G-Dawg. I just watched the first 30 mins on my lunch break. Will catch the rest soon. Very impressive with all the animations and sound clips. Impressive stuff. Well done Snarky and co.

Slasher

Thank you all so much for your nominations..(nod)

There were some great games released last year that well deserved being nominated.8-)

I congratulate them all (nod)

I myself got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.. Thank you so much for nominating me with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

I am deeply honored. The whole of the community as well as making games has given me more than life itself and I am truly grateful.

Having recently lost my wife to cancer this Award helps give positive vibes and hopefully I can hold out to make a few more games.

Thank you all.

Slasher.................

SilverSpook

Nice one Gurok, and I should have remembered to thank you for being one of the early Neofeud Patreon patrons! :)  So thanks!

And also major congrats to Slasher on that Lifetime Achievement Award! Well deserved, sir!

I had a few folks asking if they can watch the livestream of the AGS Awards, which includes live commentary from myself, several other AGSers, and the Six Billion Dollar Baller from Neofeud (as voiced by yours truly :) ). So here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQmDf0pUtN4&t=2s

CrashPL

Too bad I couldn't stay and watch the entire ceremony, so I'm extra glad you uploaded the thing on YT so quickly. :)

Congratulations to all winners and nominees for their awesome games! And a huge thanks to the orgs for such an excellent awards ceremony!

Ibispi

Congrats to all winners!

This is the IRC log of the ceremony, for those who prefer text over video: https://pastebin.com/c9Rjeehz

SinSin

Congratulations to all the winners !!
Sorry I couldn't make it I got busy :S
Currently working on a project!

paolo

Big congratulations to everyone who won an award last night! Good to see a nice spread of winners this year rather than one game scooping the lot.

It was way too late for me to stay up to the end so I'll watch it on YouTube - thanks to Gurok for uploading it.

Arlann

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees!
Because I live in the past I didn't download the client in time for the beginning of the ceremony, I just discovered my random avatar on youtube for the best demo award, LOL!
Thank you for this award and this ceremony.

Riaise

Congratulations to all of the winners! And a huge thank you to everyone involved in hosting the ceremony! ;-D

Special congrats to Slasher for the lifetime achievement award! That was really well deserved. (nod)

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Snarky

Thanks everyone! You guys are great.

Congratulations to all the contestants, winners and non-winners alike. Putting together the nominee resources for the client really makes me appreciate all the excellent work people are doing. So impressed!

I'm sorry for the mess I caused getting the client out, and particularly to those of you, like Arlann, who couldn't download the client in time because of my delay. That's not what this thread is about, but I will say...

Spoiler
I started seriously thinking about this year's update in September of last year, but life has a tendency to get in the way, and I took on a couple of paid projects that had to be my first priority. For this and other reasons I wasn't able to really work on it much until this last month. Getting it done by the deadline within that timeframe was brutal, and in the end I just missed it. I am sorry.

The good part of it was all the great contributions I received, which really pushed me to try to get as much of it in as possible, and the awesome collaborators who pitched in. Their efforts are right in front of your eyes. I really regret the stuff that had to be left out, most of it simply for lack of time. I hope it will see the light of day in a future ceremony, and I hope we'll work together more!
[close]

cat

Again, congratulations to all winners, nominees, and actually to anyone who released a game last year!

Sorry we had some delay with starting the ceremony, but I think it was totally worth the wait! Snarky did an amazing job including all new game resources, avatars and features. It may not look like much, but it is a huge amount of work to do. Thanks to selmiak for the great intro animations and Kastchey for the beautiful GUI and trophies. And thanks to all the game authors who provided the resources to their games.

I'm very glad that MAGGIES were part of the ceremony again this year. MAGS is so important for the community and leads to constant creation of games. Thanks to Stupot for doing a great job in running MAGS and to Mandle for being up at inconvenient times to present it.

I'm also glad that the ceremony was recorded and streamed. Some people could not attend the ceremony so it's great they can watch it now.

It is great to see so many different games receiving an award. Voters really considered each games strengths and weaknesses.

AGA will update the game database soon, I suppose. Thanks again for doing the administrative side of the awards!

Now a bit of statistics:

There were 106 games released last year
49 people nominated games
68 people voted for the awards, which is more than last year
24 games were nominated for at least one award
8 games won 17 awards in 15 categories
12 awards went to freeware games

The number of awards per game:

4 awards
Terror of the Vampire!

3 awards
Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots
I Want Out!

2 awards
Black Morph
Last & Furious

1 award
A Tale of Two Kingdoms: Deluxe Edition
Neofeud
Jorry [Demo]

Arlann

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 25/03/2018 13:57:10
I'm sorry for the mess I caused getting the client out, and particularly to those of you, like Arlann, who couldn't download the client in time because of my delay.
No need for excuses, I just completely messed up my speech and my partner too... Maybe because it was dinner time. :-D
This was my first ceremony and I am very impressed by the quality of the event. Thanks for this!

Dave Gilbert

Congrats to everyone! I was on a plane travelling back from GDC so I wasn't able to join.

Bavolis

Congrats, devs! Awesome to see this community still trucking along (and delivering the goods) every year.

Gurok

I was entertaining guests at a cocktail party aboard my yacht, but I still made time for it.

Also, congrats to everyone! Congrats especially to Terror of the Vampire, which I think finally got the recognition it deserved after slipping by in the MAGS voting. Congrats to SilverSpook with Neofeud! The excitement was palpable from the snippets of your stream I watched. A big, hearty congratulations to Slasher! You're not allowed to stop or even slow down now that you've won an award, but I doubt there's any danger of that.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Well done to all the winners .. what an amazing set of games this year.. really great!  Keep pumping them out.

Well done to all involved with the awards thanks for making it all happen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk