SNaKe PiT eNTeRTaiNMeNT: GaMeS iN PRoDuCTioN

Started by Snake, Sun 20/04/2003 07:20:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

SNaKe PiT eNTeRTaiNMeNT: GaMeS iN PRoDuCTioN

MoNKeY WReNCH
Please go here:
MoNKeY WReNCH PRoMo CRaP
It would be too much to remake this, so please just go here instead...

The Life of Marty Shore
The game is about, you guessed it, a teenager named "Marty Shore". He's almost a perfect model of my personality, and the game itself is very inspired by my favorite adventure, "The Adventures of Willy Beamish".
The object of the game is to get the girl "Julie Fraser" to be Marty's girlfriend. So just imagine all the wierd predicaments you'll get into.
The story is told through Marty's eyes. He'll narrate throught the game. Remember that show "The Wonder Years"? Like that. As you meet new people during the game, Marty will let you in on who they are and what he thinks of them, the same goes for locations etc...

Here are some images:

To Read a Short Blurb About the Main Characters, go here:
TLMS Main Page

The End

Mmm, mathclass. What a great way to end the day. There's Dexter (the one with the crazy hair) sitting at his desk not knowing really what the hell is going on, or what Ms. Larson is writing about. Only if he'd pay attention and stop drawing pictures of carnavorous mountain goats tearing village people apart. Triangle Omnibus what?? Hinglebender who? Screw him!1!
The first in the "The End" series. In this episode of "The End" Dexter (the protagonist) accidently discovers that the whole school faculty are aliens in human "constumes" and are plotting to destroy the human race to inhabit the earth as their own in order to save their species.
The Storyline for this game is around 60% complete.

Evil Night

Night has fallen. The dead have risen. Every pet we've loved has turned against us. Every animal we've feared now hunts us. The first game in the series about the end of the world.

To read the story (which will be the animated intro in the game), go here
And go here to read about gameplay and a bunch of other stuff related to this game and it's follow-ups.

The Legend of Leitor's Edge

(Lay.ter)
Seth Reece and a couple of his friends get talking one night. The subject of legends and myths come up.
The most popular legend amoung the people of the town is the one about Leitor's Edge. It is said that a man, decades ago, jumped off that cliff, which is located just on the outskirts of town, in an attempt to committ suicide. His body was never found, like he just dissapeared. No trace what-so-ever. Some say that he was sent to an alternate reality. Some say he was sent through time. It is also said that there is a book written about it somewhere, though this book was never presently witnessed first hand. Supposedly in this book are stories told by survivors that have tried it and came back. Some didn't return until several days later after plunging into the water. The legend claims that this "portal" can only be accessed during the last hour of the summer solstice and is located directly under the cliff's peak just below the surface of the water.

Fact or Fiction?
Seth is about to find out...

(this screenshot with the house in it is going to change since the BG is a work in progress)

NO RELEASE DATES ON ANY GAMES
Whichever one comes out first depends on my mood and any possible (if any) motivation from you all.
You can put your opinions on which game sounds best and which game you'd like to play most, here.

I decided to create this games compilation since I seem to be jumping from project to project every time my mood changes. All these games will be completed, just not right away since I'm making all of them bit by bit. If I get bored with one, I stay busy by working on another...

I won't be on the forums much anymore, so the main point of this thread is to show what I've got going. I hardly have any time anymore to work on them and I'm just unmodivated. I've been thinking of saying the hell with AGS all together, but why would anyone do that? That's crazy.
So in anycase, I hope at least 1 person is looking forward to 1 game.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

remixor

Man, I'm super excited about Monkey Wrench.  I'd love to beta test if you ever need any extra testers (don't know if you will).  Everything you've shown about that game looks great.

After Monkey Wrench, Marty Shore looks like the next best thing you're working on.  I really like the unique graphic style; it would be fun to play a whole game with that look.

Good luck with your ventures and don't quit!  8)
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Pet Terry

Woah, lots of promising looking games. Especially The Legend of Leitor's Edge looks very good and exciting. And I like the graphics style in it. And Evil Night also looks and sounds very cool. Keep up the good work!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Neole

Matt Brown

argh!! drop all these games and finish monkey and marty quick like!

I'm just kidding. dont spread yourself too thin buddy
word up

Trapezoid

Squinky

Leitors edge looks cool as shit....I'd seen the one screenshot, but I hadn't seen the title page....Keep it up man....
Maybe one idea to get one of these games out would be to make them a little smaller than you plan? Maybe you could make, say, leitors edge a 15 to 20 screen game...even though it would probably be short, it would rock with your cool-ass art and writing ability...
Something to think about...

One of these days your gonna have to write up some tutorials or something...

And I've sent you an e-mail regarding the mini game thingy...

ernesti

I'd say that all of those games look very promising and you shouldn't drop any of them out.

Heyy and remember that if you come up with a cool plot, it might be old and used and it might not interest the players. So think hard when u plan everything ok?
I'm very picky what it comes to playing any game, commercial game or not... i've had hard time playing some game that thinks "Hey im kool keep on playing me", but really in whole the game might be just another copy of previous game's storylines. Hmmm.. maybe movie industry suffers from a lack of imagination and so do the game makers.. even writers..  

Snake

Thanks everyone.

Squinky, I've thought of that shortening idea aswell. Pretty much I think that's what I'll do. Leitor's Edge for example won't be very long to begin with. Monkey Wrench can be shortened quite a bit without ruining it. And Evil Night, I was thinking of instead of making just a trilogy, I could split it up into like a mini series type dealy...but I'd rather stick with the trilogy idea and just shorten them a bit.

(I've replied to your e-mail, Squ0nker)

--Snake

Snake

Official BG for The Legend of Leitor's Edge

----EDIT----
This version is pretty much finished...I might take out the clouds...

--Snake

Trapezoid

Squinky

I love it you bastard.... the lighting makes it seem all cool and magical...

BruisedWeasel

I ares join your threda. Now leave lone me. stupid snake...

Renal Shutdown

"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

x0z

I am waiting "MoNKeY WReNCH"! Make it ready! NOW!

Snake

QuoteI am waiting "MoNKeY WReNCH"! Make it ready! NOW!
Well, lately I've been working tons on Leitor's Edge...see my quote below for my reasons...
Quote...I seem to be jumping from project to project every time my mood changes. All these games will be completed, just not right away since I'm making all of them bit by bit. If I get bored with one, I stay busy by working on another...

I'm sure my Monkey Fever(TM) will come back soon...today I listened through MW's soundtrack...and listening to it makes me want to work on it. So I'm sure when I get bored working on LE, MW will be the next victom ;)

--Snake

Gonzo

Wow, Snake! This thread shows you have a ton of great ideas. I hadn't seen anything of 'Leitor's Edge' before, and that one now looks the most promising. The idea is original and very interesting and the screenshots have that great look, a bit magical and starry. Great stuff, keep up the good work...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk