AGS Awards 2017 - For Your Consideration

Started by cat, Mon 01/01/2018 09:09:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Tao Through Space and Time

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2143/

Control Tao, a young Elf with the gift of shapeshifting, who is going to meet the Doctor and Missy for a great adventure through various worlds that will lead her to develop her gift. Each success will unlock a shapeshift into a new animal! This game will take you to several worlds and introduce you to various characters already seen in my earlier AGS games.

Story, programming, graphics : Marion
English translation : Paolo

Eggie

For your consideration...

TERROR OF THE VAMPIRE!

Terror Of The Vampire is a classical point and click adventure featuring inventive puzzles, fascinating characters and surely too many jokes to be seen in one playthrough, all wrapped in an eye-wateringly beautiful retro presentation.

For particular consideration...
BEST BACKGROUND ART
For the stunning environments (by Scavenger) and cutaways (by Scavenger and Samael)

BEST PROGRAMMING
For Scavenger's graphical plugins; which allow a game using 8-bit colour to contain translucency, colour tinting and take full advantage of the power of a dynamically adapting 256-colour palette.

BEST CHARACTER/BEST CHARACTER ART
Because would you hecking look at these cutie-pies!

BEST WRITING
Primarily for this one dialogue tree I made

shaun9991

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

The game is available via Steam, via itch.io! or via Game Jolt!. You can also watch the trailer here!

The AGS games database page is here.

Possible Awards
Best Game Created with AGS
Best Programming
Best Gameplay
Best Puzzles
Best Writing
Best Character
Best Animation
Best Music and Sound
Best Background Art
Best Character Art

About the game
Legend of Hand tells the story of a hero on an epic quest to find the mythical Grandmaster Hand, the one man who can restore peace to a troubled world. Inspired by adventure classics, Far-East legends and martial arts beat 'em up games of the 80's and 90's, this point and click adventure will take the player on a unique journey through magical lands.

The Story
Your masters have put their trust in you to find the mythical Grandmaster Hand, an enigmatic figure who disappeared many years ago. He is the one man capable of stopping the gathering unrest that is threatening your world. To find Hand you will need to travel through four mysterious islands, finding clues and challenging their infamous masters - the so-called Fingers of Hand! The masters are experts in martial arts and finding them will be not always be easy.

Your quest will take you on an epic adventure across unique islands and weird worlds where you will meet amazing friends and terrifying foes. So many distractions await but do not forget your aim - find Grandmaster Hand to save your world and its inhabitants!

Can you reunite a troubled world? Can you find the elusive Grandmaster Hand? Your destiny awaits...

Features
- An epic quest spanning many wonderful lands. Expect 10+ hours of gameplay!
- An impressive cast of intriguing, bizarre, amusing and lovable characters. Expect to meet companions who will aid and follow you in your adventures!
- Traditional point and click adventure game elements such as puzzles, inventory system and dialogue interactions.
- Unique hand drawn graphics and animations.
- A turn-based RPG style fighting system that is easy to learn and fun to play. Learn new combat moves, increase your HP and fight enemies.
- Mini games galore!
- Animated cut scenes.
- Original soundtrack reflecting the atmosphere of the special worlds visited by the hero.

Thanks for considering Legend of Hand!

Shaun
Cloak and Dagger Games
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

CaptainD

I forgot a couple of little games I released at the end of the year - might be worth a shot for Best Non-Adventure Game and in the case of AGS Cycles possibly even best programming (not that I think my coding was anything special at all, but someone who commented on the game's release thread mentioned that they thought there must have been some nifty programming involved.)

Lunar Lander

Game Page

A one-switch game where you use your engines judiciously to battle gravity and land as gently as possible! Every time you land, you start again from a higher height.

AGS Cycles

Game Page

It's the classic Light Cycles game from TRON, made with AGS.
2-player only with randomised elements so that no two games are ever exactly the same.

arj0n

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION (BEST DEMO)...

SRAM 2 - Cinomeh's Revenge (demo)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2152/

A full length, anachronistic text adventure with graphics for Windows & Linux.
You play as an assassin, on a mission to kill the tyrant king.
Explorer the fantasy land, solve puzzles and uncover mysteries...

Features:
To make sure everybody can play this game the way he/she did back in the 80's, the game supports the following 31 graphic modes.
You can switch between these modes anytime in-game:

* Amiga (2 versions)
* Amstrad CPC
* Amstrad Green Mono
* Apple II (2 versions)
* Atari 8-bit (2 versions)
* BBC Micro
* C64 (2 versions)
* Commodore Vic-20
* DOS CGA (6 versions)
* Game Boy
* Game Boy Color Hybrid Gold
* Game Boy Color Hybrid Brown
* Game Boy Color Hybrid Pastel (2 versions)
* MSX (2 versions)
* MSX2
* NES (2 versions)
* SMS (2 versions)
* ZX Spectrum

arj0n

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION (Best Non Adventure Game Created with AGS)...

Astron

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2125/

Start-up screen:
[imgzoom]http://dam1976.home.xs4all.nl/AGS/Astron/Astron.png[/imgzoom]

This program calculates your zodiac signs for the following 7 astrology systems:

current system, still in use:
- Western (Roman),
- Chinese zodiac.

ancient systems, not in use anymore:
- Native American,
- Celtic,
- Australian,
- African,
- Egyptian zodiac.

available for Windows and Linux.

The 8 result pages after a 'date of birth' input (of a 'test person'):

Bizaron

Uhh... I am doing this for the first time, so...

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Joe's Miserable Life

Possible Awards:

Best short game maybe, I'll let you decide about any other possibilities.

Summary of the game: It's a very short game about an old man, living alone in a poor house. A bad thing awaits him, the atmosphere is probably the most important thing in this game.

CLICK ON THIS TEXT TO VIEW THE GAME

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joe's Horrible Hell

Possible Awards:

Best short game again, maybe even best background graphics + any other considerations.

Summary of the game:
It's a direct sequel to Joe's Miserable Life, Joe goes to hell and has to be punished for his misdeeds.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dark Times: Merry Christmas

Possible Awards:

Best short game, best background graphics.

Summary of the game: A sad game about a young boy living with his ill mother, his brother got missing and he has to find out what happened to him.

I am a f***ed up individual creating weird ass things because that gives me a strange sense of satisfaction.

eri0o

For Your Consideration

Dungeon Hands

Possible Awards:
Best Game Created with AGS
Best Non Adventure Game Created with AGS (I totally made this up)
Best Freeware Game Created with AGS
Best Programming
Best Short Game
Best Gameplay
Best Music and Sound
Best Background Art
Best Character Art

Summary of the game: It's a two player card game you have to play with your mouse. This is not an adventure game.

:smiley: Link to Itch.io (includes download)

:) AGS Database Link

Crimson Wizard

Not sure if it's too late for this?

For your consideration -

Last & Furious

AGS Database link

Last & Furious is a non-adventure racing game made for MAGS November 2017, by Crimson Wizard and Jim Reed. Features almost realistic 2D car physics and up to 6 AI-controlled racers.

Gameplay video by Creamy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuRMBXJlfg

Possible Awards
Best Gameplay
Best Non Adventure Game Created with AGS
Best Programming

Texmurphy78

Hey, guys!

Here I am to remind you of a grumpy big-beaked detective whose demo has been released almost one year ago, and whose full game will be released in Spring!
This is a comedy-noir adventure with a hard-boiled tough guy as protagonist who has to investigate on a vegetable multiple murder.

What do you think? :)

Detective Gallo

- For your consideration

Possible Awards:
Best Game created with AGS
Best Writing
Best Character
Best Gameplay
Best Puzzles
Best Background Art
Best Character Art
Best Animation