MAGS January "Misunderstood Motives" (RESULT)

Started by MAGS Host, Mon 01/01/2018 23:47:38

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite MAGS game of January?

Fallen Hero by Slasher and Cassie
7 (70%)
Gwen Darkly by Ibispi
0 (0%)
Racist by Jack
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Mon 19/02/2018 06:05:56

Riaise

That's a shame, Ibispi. :(

I'm going into cheerleader mode for the rest of you, though. Come on you guys, you can do it! Go Slasher! Go Jack! Go Mandle! Woo! :-D

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 29/01/2018 03:11:08
Oh, well. Still three of us may make it, hopefully...

I'm dedicating tomorrow night and Wednesday to completing my game but will still have to see how it goes.

I've already cut the concept down from the original idea and it may need further cutting to get done on time. But that's the way it goes, eh?

Jack

Yes, I've stopped adding features and started adding necessities. Hopefully I will have some time after to add the best feature of all.

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Jack on Mon 29/01/2018 19:25:09
Yes, I've stopped adding features and started adding necessities. Hopefully I will have some time after to add the best feature of all.
Sure, after the main MAGS event, you could work on it to make a "deluxe edition".  It's all good. :-D

Slasher

Jack: why add the best bit last? It should have been first (laugh)

Mandle: Spare that axe (laugh)

Ibispi: That's what I hated about school (laugh)

Well, I'm practically done with mine ready or not here I come (laugh)

Larry 'Fingers' Brown says: Bolt your doors and lock your windows (laugh)

xBRANEx

Hey Ibispi, next time contact me, we should team up for a MAGS game!

Slasher

When your prime motives are misunderstood.

Download Here

Story Line:
Larry 'Fingers' Brown is living in a squalid room and is down on his luck. Suddenly, whilst reading the days newspaper he sees that a Celebrity Diamond ring worth 2 million pounds is being auctioned and is being hosted at a local jewelers... He can't believe his luck and gathers his burglary tools and sets off to steal it not knowing what fate lays ahead.....

My thanks to Cassiebsg for her wonderful Backgrounds and animations...

Screenshots

Specs:
640 X 360
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

Download Here

Mandle

I'm going to have to back out of this MAGS because I cut back the concept of my game to the point where I felt it was not interesting enough to release in that form.

My initial vision was a bar that customers came in and out of and the bartender gained an insight into their lives via that interaction...

But that didn't happen.

What I could have released was much less than that and was starting to fall into just a Diner-Dash kind of gameplay of serving drinks before the customers run out of patience...

I did want that to be a part of the gameplay but not the everything and didn't want to code a bunch of boiler-plate over the game in a rush and then have to go back in and strip it back out...

Summary: I got lazy...:(

Slasher

Wise words, Mandle... If it don't feel right...

Sorry to hear though (nod)

A horses falls at the fence not far from the winning post (laugh)

Jack

Admit it, Mandle. Those cut up faces were haunting your dreams and you had to stop before they cross into this realm or pull you into theirs.

As for me, I can get it releasable and it might make sense, but there will be no awesome extras.

Jack

Racist

Racist is a kinetic racer (think Asteroids without the asteroids). Complete 4 "story" tracks or play arcade mode. Beat Chad in the last race to learn his true motives.

[imgzoom]http://techtroupe.net/content/arcade01_screenshot_01.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://techtroupe.net/content/arcade01_screenshot_02.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://techtroupe.net/content/arcade01_screenshot_03.png[/imgzoom]

Download (Windows)
Download (Linux)

CONTROLS: Up, Down, Left, Right

EPILOGUE: I ended up having to leave out a lot of cool features, which includes simple combat. (The ships and checkpoint poles are placeholder art, for frigsakes). Your ship is a hair faster than Chad's, so once you figure out overtaking it should be (too) easy to get 1st place. Mess up and you will have a challenge on your hands.

Stupot

Thanks for the entries guys. Real life has come up so I'm a bit busy.
Who fancies an extension until Sunday Night (GMT)?

Also the new Feb MAGS thread will be a teeny bit late but it will be up later today.

HanaIndiana

YAY can't wait to play the Jan entries! The two so far look very intriguing. I'm also curious (and maybe a little afraid) of what theme Slasher came up with for Feb. (laugh)
I'm entering no matter the theme, so I can practice my pixel "art".

Slasher

Glad to have you jump on board this crazy train HanaIndiana (laugh)

Don't worry, you may be pleasantly surprised with Feb's mag topic ;)

Jack

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 01/02/2018 01:43:30
Who fancies an extension until Sunday Night (GMT)?

Fortune has smiled upon me!  :=

Ibispi

Quote from: xBRANEx on Tue 30/01/2018 17:22:33
Hey Ibispi, next time contact me, we should team up for a MAGS game!
Some other time maybe, Brane. :sealed:

Thanks for the extension, Stupot. I might finish my game now, since I've rested a bit.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Shadow1000

I played Fallen Hero last night and I really enjoyed it. I really like the teaming-up of Slasher and Cassiebg.

The overall experience was fun and a great idea. Good story and good execution of the theme. Not particularly challenging in terms of puzzles, the game flowed well and related a great story.

Well done.

Slasher

Fallen Hero

Few issues resolved:

Idle view behavior..
Neighbor and his car resized..

New build uploaded.

Mandle

I'm thinking of putting together a completely new entry over the weekend if time permits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk