Hotspot / Object activation

Started by CyberUncleCat, Tue 02/01/2018 01:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberUncleCat

Hello!

Todays problem is a scripting one as i am a noob :) .

Let's say i have a 2 rooms, and in room1 there is an object1 i can look onto, and interact with. When i look on it it hero says "its an object!" and if i want to interact he says "i dont need it right now", and does not pick it up. Its ok.

Problems arise when i interact with object2 in room2 as i want this interaction to trigger different interaction with object1 in room1 - i want hero to say "i need this to advance" when looking on it, and be able to pick it up when interecting with it.

How do i do that sirs?

Slasher

You should use a boolean Variable...

set to false

set to true when required and use that condition

if true do this
else do this

Khris

One of the most asked questions of all time. Answers easily findable by searching this forum for "another room" topics.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51781.msg636508029
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55188.msg636569703

Finally, how to do this is explained in the Beginner's FAQ

CyberUncleCat

Well yes, ive tried to find it but i used different (and bad it seems) keywords. And in faq i wasnt even sure where and what i must search.

I see, i will try implement this solution when i will have some free time.

And thank you for actual help and not washing me away with "learn to search noob" :).

Khris

You're welcome :)

Part of the problem is that people don't pick good titles for their threads. "Hotspot / Object activation" sounds like a problem with linking events to functions, but this thread is actually about changing another room's state.

CyberUncleCat

All right i tried it today, and after some time it finally worked (i had to understand concept of variables) but i got it. Really, if i can do this then even dog can become scripter.

Again, thank you both for help. I will try to search harder from now on:).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk