Adventure - Welcome to the genre

Started by Wiggy, Thu 25/01/2018 11:30:46

Previous topic - Next topic

splat44

Ok,

Spoiler
the only obvious thing I can see is broken but need some repair. I tried interact this everywhere but still.
Any suggestion? I click totally by random
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 06/02/2018 19:14:56
Ok but just questions:

Spoiler
about book, does any kind animal archealolist show me are seen in game and regardless which ones?
I might have encountered a bug: after getting recorder after she leave and try getting book again, game doesn't get further or get too long to process.!
I hope kid room will show after getting the right animal?

Used recorder on gamaphone
I already asked plant medalion and I presume it that thing malcom have thrown away

Transforming in to jennifer:
I presume when you said "North cliff" is the one left of archealolist?
There no obvious place to hide except slightly behind border but it's hard pointing that device on exact spot
If that room isn't right one then which one?
[close]

Quote from: Akril15 on Tue 06/02/2018 04:55:01
Spoiler
4) used pic with archaeologist: was this suppose to give me sometime?
[close]
Hint:
Spoiler
Have you looked at the items near the archeologist and found anything that might help you solve a little mystery you might have encountered?
[close]

Spoiler
I know I need giving something to plant for white medalion - torin passge but what?
[close]
Hint:
Spoiler
Have you talked with the plant to learn exactly what it wants in exchange for the medallion?
[close]

Spoiler
About mindsweep thing given by jeff - VR room, where can use it? I tried using on bird where I met malcom but it too far?
[close]
Hints:
Spoiler
You need something to lure the bird closer, and that requires helping another animal.
[close]
Spoiler
Have you noticed any creature in the kids' room that looks out of place?
[close]
Spoiler
Look at the creature sitting next to the stream. Have you met anyone who might be able to help you figure out what it is?
[close]
Spoiler
Go to the archeologist and examine the books beside her.
[close]

Spoiler
Where best place to transform into Jennifer?
[close]
Hints:
Spoiler
Remember how Rusty said that Jeff would probably be somewhere where he feels "at home?"
[close]
Spoiler
Look at Jeff's profile. What room in the Mega-Game would match up with his interests the most?
[close]
Spoiler
Go to the north cliff overlooking the ocean. Be sure to find a place to hide.
[close]

Akril15

Spoiler
the only obvious thing I can see is broken but need some repair. I tried interact this everywhere but still.
[close]
What exactly are you trying to do?

splat44

Here what I tried with record but no result:

Spoiler
1) having other character deal with it
2) I considered hidding cratches by dipping it into tar
Anything else I am missing?

Not sure where to play recorder tune
Went to theater not sure why

To room where silk is tied to a tree, I see an arrow pointing to ravine ravine hotspot but cannot exit this way
[close]

Quote from: Akril15 on Tue 06/02/2018 23:45:01
Spoiler
[close]
What exactly are you trying to do?

Akril15

Spoiler
[close]
Hints:
Spoiler
Have you met anyone who can help you make the record a different color?
[close]
Spoiler
Ichabod can help you. Give him the record to paint it a different color.
[close]
Spoiler
The color you should paint it is blue.
[close]

Spoiler
To room where silk is tied to a tree, I see an arrow pointing to ravine ravine hotspot but cannot exit this way
[close]
Answer:
Spoiler
Are you on top of the ravine? You should be able to leave that way. Try clicking in a slightly different spot.
[close]

splat44

Wow!

Spoiler
I could have swear I tried using that on character before! LOL

About the ravine, top isn't the one but at bottom, there're two arrow (exit points) bottom right and slightly at middle left (as seen on below pic but cannot use it)

[close]

Quote from: Akril15 on Wed 07/02/2018 11:38:50
Spoiler
[close]
Hints:
Spoiler
Have you met anyone who can help you make the record a different color?
[close]
Spoiler
Ichabod can help you. Give him the record to paint it a different color.
[close]
Spoiler
The color you should paint it is blue.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Answer:
Spoiler
Are you on top of the ravine? You should be able to leave that way. Try clicking in a slightly different spot.
[close]

Akril15

Spoiler
About the ravine, top isn't the one but at bottom, there're two arrow (exit points) bottom right and slightly at middle left (as seen on below pic but cannot use it)
[close]
Ah, that hotspot. That arrow supposed to be there. It's just there to show that the ravine isn't finished being "built" yet. Thalia should try walking that way, say "Darn -- looks like this ravine doesn't lead anywhere.", then turn around.

SarahLiz

edit:  I figured it out on my own, feel free to delete my post.  ;)

BunnyShoggoth

Quote from: Akril15 on Sat 03/02/2018 04:18:15
Quote from: BunnyShoggoth on Sat 03/02/2018 01:24:07
That game was a trip and a half, an awesome conclusion to an awesome saga! Some if the puzzles were really tricky and ingenious, especially the ones relying on "in-game" mechanics, like
Spoiler
the code on the pillar in the 3D maze, the zoom-in and zoom-out in the garden to get the lazy CGMS agent to transport you, and the non-verbal dialogues in Suzy-Ann's console game.
[close]
What I'm really stumped on is
Spoiler
finding that Easter Egg with the questions.
[close]
Thank you very much!

Regarding the
Spoiler
Easter Egg, I'm assuming you saw my "out of this world" hint in the game announcement thread.
[close]
If you want another hint...
Spoiler
When you first arrive in a strange place, it's always good to have someone to talk to.
[close]
One more hint...
Spoiler
Minus green.
[close]

Hmm,
Spoiler
I can think of three "strange/out of this world" places: the alien planet, the 3D labyrinth, and the Momo game. Also the Administrator's room, but Thalia visits it early enough, not in a later part of the game. "Minus green": the creatures of the alien planet are green and shaped somewhat like minus sign, I tried talking to them, doesn't help.
[close]

Akril15

Spoiler
I can think of three "strange/out of this world" places: the alien planet, the 3D labyrinth, and the Momo game. Also the Administrator's room, but Thalia visits it early enough, not in a later part of the game. "Minus green": the creatures of the alien planet are green and shaped somewhat like minus sign, I tried talking to them, doesn't help.
[close]
You are very, very close. You have all the pieces, you just need to put them together. Also, regarding minus green:
Spoiler
Google is your friend. ;)
[close]

BunnyShoggoth

Wow, I've figured it out, thank you very much!!! For anyone else who wants to cheat:

Spoiler
Once you arrive to the alien planet, TALK TO YOURSELF.
[close]

Akril15

Congratulations!

Something else you might have noticed:
Spoiler
If you ever try talking to Thalia in just about any other room in the game at any other time, she never says anything like "I haven't gotten to the point where I feel like talking to myself", she says "Sorry, I don't feel like talking right now". ;)
[close]

splat44

About pillars:
Spoiler
I know there're two of them but cannot figure out sequence for those pegs, When looking at first one, I know numbers: 9, 8, 2 and 7, trying setting pegs accordingly is hard, any comments
[close]

Wiggy

Re: Pegs on pillars.

Spoiler
The number is the total number of pegs to be depressed - i.e. 9 means all pegs, 8 all but one etc.
[close]

splat44

Thanks!
Spoiler
I was so sure it had something to do with placements as seen on a digital clock!
[close]

Quote from: Wiggy on Thu 15/02/2018 00:04:09
Re: Pegs on pillars.

Spoiler
The number is the total number of pegs to be depressed - i.e. 9 means all pegs, 8 all but one etc.
[close]

srnickolas

hello,a little help please

Spoiler
i tried using the old record with the lizard to paint it,but nothing happens,then i checked the hints and tips here and in one you mention this is actually what you have to do,i clicked with the record at the lizard,the painting, the tools and the paints...cant seem to get a result.i also spoke with the dude but no new dialogue choices.why cant i get it to trigger,what am i doing wrong?
[close]

Akril15

Quote from: srnickolas on Thu 01/03/2018 18:04:59

Spoiler
i tried using the old record with the lizard to paint it,but nothing happens,then i checked the hints and tips here and in one you mention this is actually what you have to do,i clicked with the record at the lizard,the painting, the tools and the paints...cant seem to get a result.i also spoke with the dude but no new dialogue choices.why cant i get it to trigger,what am i doing wrong?
[close]
Do you know exactly what the plant is looking for in exchange for its "medallion?" If not, you need to talk to it again.

srnickolas

Quote from: Akril15 on Thu 01/03/2018 20:15:12
Quote from: srnickolas on Thu 01/03/2018 18:04:59

Spoiler
[close]
Do you know exactly what the plant is looking for in exchange for its "medallion?" If not, you need to talk to it again.

Thank you...that was really confusing
Spoiler
after i talked to the plant the first time and tried taking the medallion the plant notified me that we could do a exchange so i showed it the record and it said it was like the medallion but a different color,so i just started looking for a way to "convert" it,it never occured to me that i had to talk to it a second time
[close]

Akril15

Ah, I see the problem. I'll be sure to add a line hinting that you need to talk to the plant again when you use anything in your inventory on it before clarifying what exactly it's looking for in the next version.

elentgirl

Hello
Spoiler

I've reached Gus Greenbritches, and I guessed that I probably had to ask him a few times to get him to help me.  This has been confirmed by your walkthrough and a comment in this thread.  I have to zoom in and ask him, then zoom out again - repeat?  My question is, how many times do I need to do this?  I have tried at least a dozen times without success.
[close]
Many thanks,
elentgirl

Mandle

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 25/05/2018 22:11:36
Hello
Spoiler

I've reached Gus Greenbritches, and I guessed that I probably had to ask him a few times to get him to help me.  This has been confirmed by your walkthrough and a comment in this thread.  I have to zoom in and ask him, then zoom out again - repeat?  My question is, how many times do I need to do this?  I have tried at least a dozen times without success.
[close]
Many thanks,
elentgirl

I believe you just have to:

Spoiler
keep switching the camera view over and over quickly until he says it's making him dizzy.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk