A Martyr of Time by Mandle
1 (7.1%)
Finger of Suspicion by Slasher
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Fri 16/03/2018 01:15:37

TheFrighter

Mandle

Begging right now for an extension until the end of next Sunday...

Pleeeeeaaassseeee...

February is short and I got robbed of my time to work on my game last week due to a shitty thing that happened in RL.

If I can get another few days I can release Chapter One of my game at least instead of just a crappy one puzzle thing that noone will enjoy...

If not then I understand...

But... Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeee...

Stupot

The best I can do is a 24 hour extension (Friday morning Japan time).

Trouble is, weekends are the worst time for me to get on my laptop to deal with it all. And my laptop is shitty so I like to close each MAGS and start the new one at the same time. And because my rule is to start each MAGS on the 1st of the month regardless even if there's an extension to the previous month, that means I have to spend two sessions dealing with it instead of one.  It's not much of a problem but man my laptop is bad and I sort of have to plan my mornings around it every time I have to fire it up.

HanaIndiana

QuoteA little straightforward, uh?(laugh)
:grin: I know, right. What's funny is it started out Comedy, In the Future, Underground tunnels.
Had some trouble with ideas, and changed it to Comedy, In the Future, Spaceship.
Then when all was said and done, I really couldn't call it a comedy, so there you go.
I'm stuck in my ways.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 28/02/2018 15:00:52
The best I can do is a 24 hour extension (Friday morning Japan time).

Trouble is, weekends are the worst time for me to get on my laptop to deal with it all.

Understood... well, it would be Monday morning officially which would kind of make it like a normal 31 day month, give or take, but it's cool if I just have to upload what I have so far tonight, hopefully with a bugfix or two: interface is still a bit wonky...

Mandle

A MARTYR OF TIME

My very incomplete "demo" entry for this round.

Oldschool text adventure interface, meaning you should type stuff like "look bottle" and "get pen". Shortcuts like "l" for "look" and "x" for "examine" are supported (mostly... I hope...)

The interface is mostly only two-word input like the above examples. There are some cases where more words are needed and this is explained ingame when the need arises.

Type "save" to save game, "load" or "restore" to load game, "quit" to quit game.

You can die in this game. It is short but saving after progress might be a good idea. There is no autosave at the moment.

The game will let you know when the demo version has been completed fully.

IMPORTANT: TYPE ONLY IN LOWER CASE FOR THE WHOLE GAME OR THE PARSER WILL NOT UNDERSTAND!!!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME

Slasher

Finger of Suspicion
Was it the ghost of fairfax manor that murdered Dorothy Moore or was it by the hand of the living?
This is a unique search by keywords(s) that you hear from suspects or see to further your investigation.
Can you solve this murder mystery? (With some help from your pet rat, Hugo.)
Prototype version...
Download Game

My thanks to all those that helped bring this game to life with their voices.

Screenshots

Specs:
1024 X 768
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

Mandle

Oh, and cheers for the 24 hour extension, Stu!

I did manage to squash the more horrible bugs because of it. Still one or two known glitches and interface slightly wonky still but more stable and playable.

Should give a coffee-break/lunch-break size bit of fun I hope.

Didn't get up to the bit yet that includes the theme's setting or pet sadly so for now it's just:

Spoiler
Sci-fi/Historical
[close]

MAGS Host

The competition has now ended and voting is underway.

White Bear Beauty Chlorinde and the Paranormal Parrot by DBoyWheeler
Wilfred:2088 by HanaIndiana

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

Vote using the poll above

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite
* don't forget to leave a comment and rating on the AGS games database

Voting Ends: March 15th

Happy voting.

Mandle

Quote from: TheFrighther on Fri 02/03/2018 08:23:51

I voted!

Spoiler

for DBW!
[close]

Do you have any time to give us some feedback on what you thought of the games?

Devs live for feedback... We crave it!

TheFrighter

You are right, Mandle! I will do it soon!

_

Shadow1000

Some great games this month and some REAL last minute entries!

So here are my thoughts:

White Bear Beauty Chlorinde and the Paranormal Parrot by DBoyWheeler[/i]
Pros:

- The idea of a talking parrot-guide was creative.
- Lots of rooms for the length of the game. I happen to like games with rooms to explore.
- Meets the criteria for the contest
- The simple graphics for the backgrounds are pleasing

Cons:

- There didn't seem to be any puzzles in the game. It felt more like "complete the tasks"
- The main character's animation really detracts from the game
- I had it crash repeatedly. I did finish eventually, though

Wilfred:2088 by HanaIndiana
Beautiful game made in a short amount of time! Very original theme. I really enjoyed the puzzles and characters. Voice overs are a major bonus.

This one was a close runner up for the nostalgia alone! Trust Mandle to come up with something SO unexpected from beginning to end. It really reminds me of those games I used to play on the PET back in the 80s (ok, I'm old). Great theme and puzzles. I was disappointed when it ended! :( PLEEEEEEASE make it a full-length now that the contest time constraints are gone.

I do want to comment that I did NOT find it easy and it was not a fast play. I did complete it but it took quite the effort (well worth it, though)

Another great entry. It looks like a LOT of detailed work and design went into it, and a LOT of voice acting. I would have preferred to see the voices accompanied by subtitles or other text where the user could skip to move things along. I happen to pick up information better by reading than listening (I know - I wouldn't make a good detective) but otherwise well done.

My vote goes to Wilfred 2088. When I have trouble choosing a winner from some great entries which all have strengths in different areas I go by which game game me the most overall enjoyment while playing and I definitely give that to Wilfred. Well done!

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 02/03/2018 21:50:14
PLEEEEEEASE make it a full-length now that the contest time constraints are gone.

I did complete it

Great to hear that you enjoyed the game! I had no time to show it to anyone before release so I wasn't even sure if it was fun or not after test-playing like a hundred times myself.

Also great to hear it was finishable... I also wasn't sure if some parts were reasonably solveable. I could solve them because I knew the solutions but had no idea if they were possible for someone who didn't. So, good news all around. Cheers!

And yes, this is one that I WILL be developing into a full-length game because the story is so stuck in my head. And now that the interface(s) are (almost) glitch-free the actual work to expand the game-world is quite easy (and fun). The advantage of the text adventure: write a few sentences and you can create a new room in minutes, instead of hours/days/weeks when graphics are needed for everything...

In fact, I'll be working on it today after I play the other entries!

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 02/03/2018 11:46:09
Do you have any time to give us some feedback on what you thought of the games?

Devs live for feedback... We crave it!
Quote from: TheFrighther on Fri 02/03/2018 18:42:03

You are right, Mandle! I will do it soon!
Also, if you can get into the habit of leaving comments and ratings on each game's special AGS page in the database, that would be awesome. Not enough people do this.

Tabata

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 02/03/2018 21:50:14
Some great games this month and some REAL last minute entries!
My vote goes to Wilfred 2088. When I have trouble choosing a winner from some great entries which all have strengths in different areas I go by which game game me the most overall enjoyment while playing and I definitely give that to Wilfred. Well done!
I so absolutely agree (with all of the remarks done) (nod) and that's why I voted for cute Wilfred, too (even it is a cat :wink: )

Slasher

Due to not having enough time to fully complete my game as I would have liked I have to go for:

Spoiler

Wilfred...Cute graphics, nice game play... Well done HanaIndiana (nod)
[close]

Glad we got 4 entries this month.

Let's see more for next month (nod)

Riaise

I need a hint for A Martyr of Time (I would open thread in hints and tips, but since this game isn't in the database I don't know if that's allowed :-\). I think I need to go downstairs but the game won't let me, so I think I'm missing a step.

Spoiler
I've cracked the code and have the map to Dakota apartments and the date of John Lennon's death. I used the bracelet to go there, but ended up embedded inside my apartment building. (laugh) So I have to go downstairs before I use the bracelet, but I can't work out how to get the game to allow me to do that.
[close]

I'm really enjoying the game so far, it's fun puzzling out what to do next! ;-D

Shadow1000

Quote from: Riaise on Sun 04/03/2018 13:30:15
I need a hint for A Martyr of Time (I would open thread in hints and tips, but since this game isn't in the database I don't know if that's allowed :-\). I think I need to go downstairs but the game won't let me, so I think I'm missing a step.

Spoiler
I've cracked the code and have the map to Dakota apartments and the date of John Lennon's death. I used the bracelet to go there, but ended up embedded inside my apartment building. (laugh) So I have to go downstairs before I use the bracelet, but I can't work out how to get the game to allow me to do that.
[close]

I'm really enjoying the game so far, it's fun puzzling out what to do next! ;-D

I got stuck there for a LONG time too. Did you:

Spoiler
Use keypad
[close]
?

Riaise

@Shadow1000
Spoiler
Yes, if I use the keypad it takes me to 1980, before my apartment was built, and I end up falling. I'm sure I've missed something, but I can't work out what it is. :-[
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk