Recurring specific adventure game puzzles/gimmicks

Started by Gaucelm, Sun 04/02/2018 23:19:57

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFrighter

The protagonist can't swim or is afraid of water. (Blazing dragons, Ankh)

Sorry if I re-spawn this topic, but I played both games recently and it came in mind!  :-[

_

KyriakosCH

-Code puzzles (ranging from simple, eg find the code itself, to complicated, ie codify some info you find elsewhere) are very common.
-Opening doors (finding a key, etc) is certainly the most common "puzzle".
-Getting info from NPCs (if you regard that as a puzzle; either through dialogue or doing some quest for the Npc)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Babar

Safes or password protected computers with a nearby calendar with a date circled or a photograph with a date on the back (almost every single Wadjet Eye Game  := )
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Danvzare

Quote from: Babar on Mon 08/07/2019 13:09:48
Safes or password protected computers with a nearby calendar with a date circled or a photograph with a date on the back (almost every single Wadjet Eye Game  := )
You know, for a while I've had an idea for a new take on that old puzzle.
You see, a lot of games have a safe that you character owns, but forgot the password of. And you naturally have to find the password. But what if any password you put in works, because since it's your safe, YOU should know the password. And therefore the first password you put in, the game saves for later use. Perhaps even reusing it when you need to open the safe at a later date.
You could even have a hint like the character saying: "Now what was the password again? Oh yes, now I remember!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk