Change "download demo" button

Started by Radiant, Sun 11/02/2018 07:48:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

On the AGS website, if you tag a game as commercial, then the "download game" button becomes a "download demo" button. However, numerous commercial games do not have a demo. It would be nice if there were more option for this, e.g. "open store" or "purchase from Steam".

Jack

I've been meaning to ask. Could we add a Linux button in addition to the windows one?

I can make the buttons if needed.

AGA

I'm currently working refactoring the website.  I'll try to take your requests into account!

Jack

Please don't make it one of these friggin' "tablet sites", with five words and a 1080p image of actors smiling every scroll.

selmiak

yeah, rather use jack's avatar as oversized background tiles. so much more realz than stockphotos! ;-D

Cassiebsg

+1 on the suggestions. (nod)

Found it rather hard to figure out which commercial games had a demo and which didn't.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Jack

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 11/02/2018 13:32:02
yeah, rather use jack's avatar as oversized background tiles. so much more realz than stockphotos! ;-D

The eyes follow you around.

AGA

Quote from: Jack on Sun 11/02/2018 13:19:07
Please don't make it one of these friggin' "tablet sites", with five words and a 1080p image of actors smiling every scroll.

Refactoring, not redesigning!

Cassiebsg

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I'm again having the same problem as last year. I find a commercial game, click the "download demo" and I'm sent to a site where there is no demo. >:(

AGA

Quote from: AGA on Sun 11/02/2018 12:26:33
I'm currently working refactoring the website.  I'll try to take your requests into account!

AGA

All game types now open a modal, showing the various operating system and download type options.  For freeware games it's download link and mirror link, for commercial games it's store page link and demo link.  Each of these types can be repeated per platform.

Cassiebsg

Super! :) Great work you doing on the site.  (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk