Harry and the Locked Crocs Shop Shock

Started by Kini, Sun 11/02/2018 17:44:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Kini

Hi everyone!

This is my first game, so I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give. It's only short and it leaves plenty to be desired, but I hope you'll have some fun with it.

Plot synopsis

Cruel super-company AniSlaughter Inc. is scheduled to open its latest megastore this morning. Snappy Trapz will sell nothing but mousetraps that are, in fact, nothing but crocodiles. These poor creatures have been torturously trained and are now locked in cages.

Harry has been dragged out of bed by his righteous friend, who has organised a pathetic two-man protest. Harry's mission is to break in before the store opens and set the reptilian critters free.

Download link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sc7u7uwgze8tt3s/Harry+and+the+Locked+Crocs+Shop+Shock.zip

Slasher

Looks good...

Animal rights will love you (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Hi :)

Just finished it, and it was a nice little game with interesting puzzles... you sure got me puzzled twice... and that says a lot when there aren't that many puzzles. (nod)
The art is also very nice.

Now, there is room for improvement. Like making your own GUIs and cursors so they fit the game style, adjusting the inventory items size so they're not "on top of each other", and making sure we can see where we are clicking (for instance, taking the key from the desk was hard, cause it keep running the desk interaction).

Overall you did a great job and I'll be looking forward for more from you. ;-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kini

Hi Cassibsg,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm glad you had fun with it.

I totally agree with all the points you've made about potential for improvement. To be honest, I just wanted to get it done and 'out there' to prove to myself that I could complete a game (I'd previously fallen into the common trap of biting off way more than I could chew, and it became demoralising). I hope that, thanks to what I've learned through making this one, next time I'll get things done quicker, so I'll be able to spend more time on some of the details you've mentioned.

Thanks again! :-D

lorenzo

Nice game! I had fun solving the puzzles, the dialogues were amusing, and I liked the colourful graphics. It had many funny descriptions too, I enjoyed reading all the nefarious plans by the evil corporation!

As Cassiebsg suggested, it would need a little polish in the GUIs, but all in all, it's a very nice small game!

Kini

CaptainD

Congrats on releasing your first game!  Looks cool, will give it a try when I can.

Kini

Thanks CaptainD. I bought yours yesterday and look forward to playing it!

CaptainD

Quote from: Kini on Sun 11/02/2018 21:07:17
Thanks CaptainD. I bought yours yesterday and look forward to playing it!

I hope you enjoy it!  (Aurgh no pressure no pressure... :-D)

Thanks ;)  Have downloaded yours, will definitely give it a try when I can.

Mandle

Quote from: Kini on Sun 11/02/2018 17:44:53
Snappy Trapz will sell nothing but mousetraps that are, in fact, nothing but crocodiles.

This made me laugh!

Shadow1000

Great game, graphics and puzzles. I had a few laughs.

I don't know if it's a glitch but I got stuck originally because
Spoiler
I went outside and he did not give me the paper. After being stuck for about half an hour, I loaded my game again and then went outside and that time he DID give me the newspaper. Either I missed something the first time or something is inconsistent
[close]

Small point: I think you mean "torturous" (relating to torture) rather than "tortuous" (twisting and turning)

Great first release!

Kini

@Mandle: ;) Plenty more inane lines where that came from!

Kini

@Shadow1000:

Thanks for the kind words. Really pleased you liked it ;-D

QuoteI don't know if it's a glitch but I got stuck originally because
Spoiler
I went outside and he did not give me the paper. After being stuck for about half an hour, I loaded my game again and then went outside and that time he DID give me the newspaper. Either I missed something the first time or something is inconsistent
[close]

Hmmm. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll look into it. When it happened, had you already...

Spoiler
...escaped from the boss? Before that, you should be able to go in and outside without getting the paper. However, I fixed a bug to do with this (you could, at one point, get as many papers as you liked!) very late in the day, so it's quite possible I accidentally left another problem in its place.
[close]

QuoteSmall point: I think you mean "torturous" (relating to torture) rather than "tortuous" (twisting and turning)

Good catch! I'll fix it 8-)

Kini

Does anyone happen to know how I can replace my existing file on MediaFire with an updated version while keeping the same download URL?

Thanks in advance!

Ignore me. I've sorted it, along with the problem you encountered, Shadow1000.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk