A night in Berry

Started by Creamy, Wed 23/07/2014 21:29:03

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 02/03/2016 23:07:58
Thank you arj0n. I have used Inno Setup to create the installer. I thought people would find it simple.
Ah well, some do, some don't ;)
I usually prefer installer free zips.

Quote from: cat on Thu 03/03/2016 08:19:04
Thanks! Looking forward to playing it this evening! (Btw, good to see you around here again :) )
Enjoy :)
And thanx, it's really good to be back again :)

cat

I just finished the game and I loved it! The graphics and music are wonderful and the puzzles varied and interesting. I loved how the two characters were different (especially when reading a book). I also liked the close-ups. Fantastic atmosphere.

My favourite parts:
Spoiler

The stations of the cross, never seen this in a game before.
The search inside the carriage was clever programmed, cudos for that.
Luring the wolf.
The maid was my favourite character. Loved how she was animated.
[close]

What I didn't like:
Spoiler

The stealth sequence with the wolfes. When I got killed and the puzzle restarted, this broke immersion for me. It might have been better if the wolf just growled and she backed up a few meters automatically.

The ending was a bit anti-climatic for me. I was in no way personally invested in the healer and ending the game with her felt somehow off. I'd have prefered if the game had ended with her just leaving the house (or maybe hearing the wolf attack her, but nothing more)
[close]

I found a few glitches:
Spoiler

There is still French text showing on one occation
One time when leaving the garden I appeared in the next room in a non-walkable-area. Luckily, I could double click on an exit and escape
In carriage, when examining the floor, it happened once that suddenly the black was gone and I could see the whole background unobstructed for a second.
[close]

It took me about 1.5 hours to complete.
Thanks for the game!

Creamy

Thanks Cat.

About the things you liked :
Spoiler
QuoteThe maid was my favourite character. Loved how she was animated.
The game was developed over a long period of time (lots of breaks) and the maid was mostly animated after the little girl. I was perhaps more confortable at this point.
[close]

About the things you didn't like :
Spoiler
QuoteThe stealth sequence with the wolfes.
Yes, everybody hates that - me included - but it took so much time to program and to paint that I couldn't resign myself to throw it away. I learnt the importance of prototyping.

I thought I got rid of the "revealing glitch" in the carriage by eliminating all the "Say" commands. I'll have a look someday.

Could you tell me where you've found french text?
[close]

cat

Ah, intersting about the ending.

As far as I remember the French text was in the kitchen, but not 100% sure.

Meystari F

Good game so far. But I'm still playing it.

I found a bug.  When you pick up the tankard as the older lady (sorry I forgot her name) and use it to get the water in the kitchen she will change to  Lilith. And when I went out of the bar she is back as the older lady. 

Creamy

Thanks you Fribbi.
I'll fix the bug in the next version.

Lizaigne didn't use the tankard in the previous versions of the game.
I've added this possibility after it's been suggested to me.
Spoiler
in the last version of the game, you can put the ashes in the tankard.
If you haven't used the tankard to carry the ashes, you can also hide the candle inside to keep it lit.
[close]

SolemnGong

I just finished the game. The artwork was the highlight of the game. Very well done. I enjoyed most of the puzzles, but the wolf puzzle in the forest was extremely frustrating and almost ruined the game for me.

There is one glitch I discovered that has not yet been mentioned:
Spoiler
While the wolf is attacking the man on the ground, if I try to use the pruning shears on the candle Lizaigne says, "I have better things to do - the healer is drowning!" The healer is still in the house, however. This piece of dialogue comes too early and spoils a major plot point.
[close]
On the ending:
Spoiler
My main complaint is in regards to the ending. The game ends abruptly, and the conflict between Lilith and Lizaigne is never resolved. I wanted to see a big confrontation between them at the end. The entire game builds up to a big confrontation, but it never happens, and I'm left wondering why the story was told in the first place. There is an intriguing build-up but no payoff.
[close]

Creamy

Thank you for the report, SolemnGong

Quotethe wolf puzzle in the forest was extremely frustrating and almost ruined the game for me.
I've started thinking about another puzzle for this part.

I'll fix your bug.

On the ending : see my comment above.
Spoiler
You should have been able to choose your side at this point in the story. Boy, was I ambitious (roll)
[close]

Creamy

Dedusting this old thread to announce that I've been working on an extended version of the game.

New feats will include :
- a final chapter with puzzles, cutscenes and another playable character.
- some new tracks by Eleusis.
- forest puzzle replaced.
- game upgraded to AGS 3.4.
- a couple of bugs fixed
- a couple of bugs added (in all probability).

For those who have already finished the current version, there'll be a way to access the final chapter directly.

Estimated release date: 2018.

josiah1221

Nice! I really enjoyed the original so I will be looking forward to this extended version. (nod)

eleusis88

Hi!

I'm Eleusis, the music composer of the great "a night in berry".

I wanted to share the new track "La Boursier" of the OST! In the meantime the release of the extension of the game... ;)

La Boursier

Creamy

The extended version of the game is now available HERE

It was done last year but I only fixed the last known bugs recently.

As promised, it features:
- a new final chapter with puzzles, cutscenes and another playable character.
- some new tracks by Eleusis.
- game upgraded to AGS 3.4.

I only made some minor changes to the first part. If you finished the original game and would like to go directly to the new chapter, here's a shortcut:
Spoiler
Click 6 times on the moon in the title screen.
[close]

Happy holiday.

splat44

by the way Creamy, thank you for giving hint earlier!

It make sense:
Spoiler
Due to amount of no sleeping wolves (old version), I can understand reasoning not using peppered meat.
You mention something about starting with river but due to darkness of room, it was impossible locating.
Still I managed completing that area as I explained in hint area and I like how we captured last guard
[close]

Great game

Creamy

Thanks for your kind words splat44 and avensis. The game is far from perfect but I still like it.

Spoiler
QuoteYou mention something about starting with river but due to darkness of room, it was impossible locating.
My bad. The river is on the top-left corner but cannot easily be seen in game.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk