Feria d'Arles

Started by Privateer Puddin', Thu 15/02/2018 14:33:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Privateer Puddin'

Thanks for testing and kind words here and on Twitter, CaptainD!

Here's today's screenshot saturday, enjoy!

shaun9991

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the setting too. This one is going to be a classic :D
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Jojo_the_monkey

The pictures look indeed great, I am looking forward to play the journey of a great matador.
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

Blondbraid

The animations look great!

Kini

I hate bullfighting, but I LOVE the look of this!

Matti

Quote from: Kini on Fri 09/03/2018 06:39:43
I hate bullfighting, but I LOVE the look of this!

+1!

Privateer Puddin'

Spoilers for those concerned about bullfighting

Spoiler
You have been warned!

Spoiler
The only bull you'll be fighting looks like this

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

Privateer Puddin'

Today's #screenshotsaturday

My mockups versus Matt's finished pixel art

Cassiebsg

Nice! (nod)
Btw, love those animations! :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Creamy

Finally an accurate depiction of a French hairdresser in a video game!
I can't wait to play this :)

SarahLiz

This looks like a really cute game, I can't wait to play!  About how long do you estimate it will be (as in, full-length vs. medium or short game)?

Andail

Looking great, Tom! Some awesome talents you've gathered there :smiley:

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: SarahLiz on Thu 15/03/2018 12:27:06
This looks like a really cute game, I can't wait to play!  About how long do you estimate it will be (as in, full-length vs. medium or short game)?

Thanks! short to medium? It's not short as something like a MAGS game, but it's short and (hopefully) sweet!

Quote from: Andail on Thu 15/03/2018 19:16:34
Looking great, Tom! Some awesome talents you've gathered there :smiley:

Thanks Petter! Your most recent screenshot for Whispers of a Machine was a delight. Yep, Jen and Matt have really knocked it out of the park (and there's more goodies to come!)

RickJ

I lived and worked in that area for several months, a long time ago.   The pics bring back a lot of memories.  I still have a pair of hand made boots from a shop that I swear is n the vicinity of one of your scenes.  I don't like bull fighting either but had attended an event in the old Roman arena, where the bulls had ribbons or strings tied to their horns.  There were several human teams of two that took turns trying to extricate the string/ribbons for points.  The human competitors were completely unarmed  and no harm came to the bulls, except for being a little annoyed.  The humans came away bloodied and battered.  Thoroughly enjoyable experience!  (laugh).

AnasAbdin

I haven't got the chance to tell you this over twitter (me lazy) so here goes:

You are flawless :-[

Privateer Puddin'

Oops! Missed some replies 8-0

Quote from: RickJ on Mon 19/03/2018 12:56:53
I lived and worked in that area for several months, a long time ago.   The pics bring back a lot of memories.  I still have a pair of hand made boots from a shop that I swear is n the vicinity of one of your scenes.  I don't like bull fighting either but had attended an event in the old Roman arena, where the bulls had ribbons or strings tied to their horns.  There were several human teams of two that took turns trying to extricate the string/ribbons for points.  The human competitors were completely unarmed  and no harm came to the bulls, except for being a little annoyed.  The humans came away bloodied and battered.  Thoroughly enjoyable experience!  (laugh).

That's cool! I've had a few people say they've been to, or are from, Arles so hopefully it's somewhat like the real thing! That sounds like a fun event. The bull fighting elements gives me an excuse for fun little bits like

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 19/03/2018 13:02:09
I haven't got the chance to tell you this over twitter (me lazy) so here goes:

You are flawless :-[

Thanks! I'm not 100% sure about that ;) but Matt's art is!

Here's the #screenshotsaturday from today: Steal. Everything*

*You obtain some of it legally.

(Those who have tested should get a kick out of that, since they saw my placeholder graphics for the inventory!)

Blondbraid

I'll admit, that last GIF made me chuckle. (laugh)

CaptainD

Having played an earlier version, I have to say that the inventory screen makes a whole lot more sense now that you can see the finished bag! :grin:

Cassiebsg

I second that! (nod)
Nice work! Just hope that blue mug looks like a mug now... (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

I figures it would look something like this, but this is beyond expectation and great!
I hope matt finally did draw you a horse :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk