AGS 3.5.0 - alpha 13 - next WIP version

Started by Crimson Wizard, Wed 21/02/2018 13:52:21

Previous topic - Next topic

cianty

Thanks a lot for the reply, CW. I will then stick with 3.4.0 for now for my game.
ca. 70% completed

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: cianty on Sat 19/01/2019 15:07:46
Thanks a lot for the reply, CW. I will then stick with 3.4.0 for now for my game.

Can you tell, how do you build for iOS with 3.4.0? Do you build iOS project yourself or someone is helping you?

Snarky

I'm getting an error when I'm trying to launch this build (AGS 3.5.0 alpha 9). It's says it can't load AGS.Native.dll (which is present in the folder):

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 27/01/2019 21:01:45
I'm getting an error when I'm trying to launch this build (AGS 3.5.0 alpha 9). It's says it can't load AGS.Native.dll (which is present in the folder):

Which system are you on?

I think this is not mentioned anywhere yet, but since 3.5.0 AGS editor requires different C++ redistributable, one for VS 2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Also I've seen information that it's a part of KB2999226 update.
Please tell if that worked.

Snarky

Windows 10 (x64) running in a VirtualBox VM.

I installed the VS2015 redistributable (thanks!), but still get the same error.

Crimson Wizard

Hmm... ok, not sure about this.
Native.dll requires two runtime DLLs: vcruntime140.dll and api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

dbuske

My properties and other editor windows disappeared.
I there a way to get them to show up again, maybe a hotkey and the like
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: dbuske on Wed 30/01/2019 17:49:05
My properties and other editor windows disappeared.
I there a way to get them to show up again, maybe a hotkey and the like

1) Look into the "Window" menu and make sure these windows are checked.
2) If that does not work, go to C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\AGS and delete Layout.xml (do this when Editor is closed!).

dbuske

cianty

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 19/01/2019 16:03:14
Quote from: cianty on Sat 19/01/2019 15:07:46

Can you tell, how do you build for iOS with 3.4.0? Do you build iOS project yourself or someone is helping you?

It is indeed my girl-friend who set up the port as she is experienced with iOS development. I haven't really followed what she has been doing in detail though. I think our iOS build is based on the original AGS iOS port but also with adjustments from Janet Gilbert's version. Each version separately did not work on its own. The last problem we had e.g. was WAVs not playing but I can't remember what her fix was.

We made some other adjustments as well... e.g. in the AGS game I detect whether there is a file called "touchmode" in the savegame folder. If there is, the game sets a global variable TOUCMODE which switches to "touch mode" (surprise!) with a number of adjustments for touch devices (like showing no cursor, some hotspots being bigger, some puzzles different, etc.). In our iOS wrapper we automatically generate that file if it doesn't exist. Now, I can work on the game without having to worry about building a specific version and I can even use the same savegame from different environments.
ca. 70% completed

dbuske

Afraid the fix did not work. No matter what version I installed the properties etc windows do not show up.
Apparently there is no layout.xml file on my system.
Any help is appreciated.

eri0o

Could you do a printscreen of your AGS screen?

dbuske

Notice the properties etc are checked and no windows

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: dbuske on Sat 02/02/2019 12:53:05
Apparently there is no layout.xml file on my system.

Are you sure? because it must reset to default in such case.
I'll point again: it should be in C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\AGS\Layout.xml
Usually you can get there by typing "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\AGS" in the windows explorer path line.

dbuske

I go to that address and it is not there.
I searched for layout.xml and nothing comes up.
File explorer wasn't showing the correct location for some reason.
When I put in your last address it came right up
I deleted layout.xml and I got the windows showing again.
Thank you very much.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: dbuske on Sat 02/02/2019 17:44:55
I go to that address and it is not there.
I searched for layout.xml and nothing comes up.

This is most strange.
Please tell which version of AGS are you using? Maybe we may make a test build that resets panes or tells where the layout file actually is.

dbuske

Windows 10 was acting in its usually funky way
Seems to work differently each time.
Inconsistent
It was the latest alpha

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: dbuske on Sat 02/02/2019 17:44:55
File explorer wasn't showing the correct location for some reason.
When I put in your last address it came right up
I deleted layout.xml and I got the windows showing again.
Thank you very much.

Oh that may be my mistake. The first address I gave was working for Windows 7, but Windows 10 probably has slightly different one.

So, if I understand correctly, the problem is solved now?

dbuske

Crimson Wizard

AGS 3.5.0 - Alpha 10

WARNING: there was a major internal modification to the Rooms code recently (since previous alpha 9). Please make a full backup of your project before upgrading to this version and report if you notice anything wrong with how your rooms are saved and loaded in the editor and run within the game.

Zip archive: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bgb7617w6lc869h/AGS-3.5.0-alpha10.zip/file

In summary, this is a small but cruicial bug-fixing release.

Changes since 3.5.0 alpha 9:

- Have merged all changes from AGS 3.4.3

Editor:
- Use Magick.NET library as a GIF loader. This should fix faulty GIF imports.
- If sprite import failed with data error AGS will instead create a placeholder image.
- Better crash prevention when reloading existing sprites from source.
- Fixed crash in the sprite import window when dragging selection box outside of the image.
- Fixed errors when importing of old-format rooms, as well as using room templates (regression).
- "Import over font" command now supports importing WFN fonts too.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Reported by Snarky: need to find out which components need to be added to use AGS 3.5.0 on fresh Windows installation.
- Some weird sprite scaling bug in the room editor described in the posts above. According to user reports it may be fixed by restarting the editor. Unfortunately I was still unable to reproduce it on my own...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk