AGS World Cup 2018 Prediction League (FINISHED - CONGRATULATIONS HAGGIS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 23/03/2018 03:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Wtf, Haggis, this is getting silly... you predicted Japan 2:1 against Colombia?

Stupot

CaptainD

Cassiebsg

Not going so good for me to guess these games...
At least I got Belgium - Tunisia right (as in that Belgium won) but I was long from the correct score. (laugh)

EDIT: I give up trying to check that google docs. It's just so slow that I have no patience for it. Why doesn't it just load the info once, instead of reading it all the time? >:(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Privateer Puddin'

Am I missing a point for getting the Germany result right?

Stupot

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sun 24/06/2018 02:05:20
Am I missing a point for getting the Germany result right?
hmm yeah. Damn. It seems you are. And so are a few other people. I'll need to wait until I can get on my laptop to work out where I've cocked up and make the changes without destroying the rest of the table.

Cheers for the heads up and apologies for the temporary glitch.

[update]I've worked out where the cock-up happened. Bad copypasting job. It's a bit fiddly to mend it on my phone but I'll sort it out tonight.

ManicMatt

The spreadsheet loads  up instantly on my phone, curious.

I can't believe I'm in 6th place, I expected to be right at the bottom haha.

selmiak

fun fact: Haggis is Putin in disguise and influences all the games to his favour! 8-)

Stupot

I thiiink I've fixed it. Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you find any other inconsistencies.

@Cassiebsg. I'm not sure what you mean by the slow loading. It's fine on my computer.

SinSin

(Sung to the tune of 2 Unlimited's 1993 banging hit...  No Limit)

Harry..
Harry, Harry,
Harry, Harry,
Harry, Harry Kane Lad.
Currently working on a project!

Stupot

These are the standings at the halfway point of the tournament:

32/64 games played.

Haggis still dominating. But that could change easily. Remember that points are doubled in the knockout stages and tripled for the final.

This would be a good time to address:

What if the league finishes with a tie at the top?

There is a protocol which the table itself isn't set up to calculate automatically, so if the league does end up with two players on the same points, we may have to follow these steps.

If they have the same points, who has the most correct results
If they have the same number of correct results, who has the most correct scores (these could be different because of the double/triple points in later stages)
If the have the same number of correct scores, then the winner is the player who got s correct result FIRST. If that still happens to be equal then it's the first person to send a SWAT team to the other person's house.

CaptainD

I have to thank Bicilotti for manfully keeping me off the bottom of the table :-D

For now...

Haggis

I forgot I even entered this! It's a marathon not a sprint though - only halfway through!

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 24/06/2018 09:32:24
fun fact: Haggis is Putin in disguise and influences all the games to his favour! 8-)
:-D :-D Let's just say I have a few leverage dossiers

Stupot

Day 12. Bad day for everybody. Nobody scored more than one point.

The good news is that the first round-of-16 fixtures are confirmed:
Uruguay v Portugal
Spain v Russia

Get your thinking caps on. You will be able to start sending your new predictions soon after all 8 fixtures have been decided.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Haggis

Must have been on the edge of your seat Cassie! So close to going out! :O

Quote from: Andail on Tue 19/06/2018 14:55:15
Wtf, Haggis, this is getting silly... you predicted Japan 2:1 against Colombia?
I just remembered that I adopted an approach of one team will always fail to score, so almost all my predictions are 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 etc (no draws). Japan Colombia was one of the exceptions... no idea why... but as lucky as Kane's third vs Panama.

Stupot

†ªOh, du lieber Day 13,†¬
†ªDay 13,†¬
†ªDay 13.†¬
†ªOh, du lieber Day 13,†¬
†ªCat and Creamy win.†¬

Stupot

Day 14. Cat wins the day again with one point from each game. Her tactic of betting against Germany has paid off.

Sinitrena

Well, that's one tactic that won't work from now on. No more games for Germany. :~(:cry::~(:cry:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk