AGS World Cup 2018 Prediction League (FINISHED - CONGRATULATIONS HAGGIS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 23/03/2018 03:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

This is the last hetzing before the tournament starts. (laugh)

You've got until 4pm today (British Summer Time) to get your predictions in before Russia and Saudi Arabia kick off the tournament.

Remember that the website for submitting your guesses will be “sleeping” between 2-3pm (BST), so I recommend not leaving it too late.

/hetzing

CaptainD

Haggis is on a roll!!  Creamy not far behind.

Player   R   S   Pts
1   Haggis   4   1   6
2   Creamy   3   1   5
3   ManicMatt   2   1   4
4   xBRANEx   2   1   4
5   Sinitrena   3   0   3
6   Custard   3   0   3
7   Stupot   2   0   2
8   Cassiebsg   2   0   2
9   Andail   2   0   2
10   CaptainD   2   0   2
11   Miguel R Fervenza   2   0   2
12   SinSin   2   0   2
13   Baron   2   0   2
14   Selmiak   1   0   1
15   Bicilotti   1   0   1
16   Mr_Tringham   1   0   1
17   Cat   1   0   1

Baron

I'm not understanding the spreadsheet.  While I agree with CaptainD's scores, the points on the spreadsheet don't make any sense.  For Morocco vs. Iran Cassiebsg, cat, xBranex, and I all predicted 0-0.  Cassiebsg and cat got 0 right and 0 score, while xBranex got 1 right and 1 score, and I got 1 right but no score.  Er... what? :undecided:

Stupot

The 1 in the ‘score' and ‘result' column are just Boolean yes/no scores to tell it whether or not you got the correct result. A 1 in the R column is worth 2 points, which added to the 1 point from the S column gives you a total of 3 points for getting the correct result.

[edit] @Baron. Reading your post back again I realise that you must have started looking at the 2nd row when you came to Brane and yourself. Morocco v Iran is the 3rd row.

Baron

Stupot

Ahh. I get it.

You were misinterpreting the admittedly misleading layout . It goes NAME R S not R S NAME. I've drawn borders to separate the information properly.

ManicMatt

Stupot

Miguel R Fervenza wins Day 3 with 10 out of a possible 12 points. Well played, sir.

Cassiebsg

(nod) and I finally got one right... even if only by pure luck. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

Miguel R. Fervenza

So lucky. Two missed penalties make me (brief) leader. Iceland rocks!

Creamy

QuoteI'm so sucky with my predictions...
Mines went bad too.

Great game from Spain and Portugal.

EDIT : Bravo Cat. I never thought I'd see Germany lose to Mexico.

Andail

I'm predictably bad at this. In my defense, several of the matches so far have had rather unexpected results. Ah well, we've just started.

Stupot

Day 4 goes to Cat, who was the only one to predict a Germany loss to Mexico. Well done 👍

@Andail Yeah, it's pretty much just luck at the moment. On one hand it makes things more exciting but on the other hand it takes something away from actually trying to think about each result.

Andail

Finally a full pot for me.

And my apologies for a boring second half by Sweden against South Korea.

CaptainD

Well done Cat!

Aw man I really need Belgium and England to win today just to keep me off the bottom of the table... (though thankfully Player 18, Player 19 and Player 20 seem unlikely to pick up any points :-D)

Stupot

Well done England! Well done ‘Arry Kane, my son (it's okay to call footballers your son, apparently).

Privateer Puddin' (Custard) wins Day 5 with a FULL HOUSE! 9 points out of 9. Well done that man.

Haggis sitting pretty at the top of the table. Myself and Bicilotti are just keeping warm at base camp.

Privateer Puddin'

selmiak

*plays wildcard that turns all predictions around* :P

Stupot

If anyone's interested, I'm closing the doors to new players today at 18:00 (BST) basically after all teams have played their first games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk