AGS World Cup 2018 Prediction League (FINISHED - CONGRATULATIONS HAGGIS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 23/03/2018 03:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggis

It's knockout football now... whoooooole different ball game (technically, still the same ball game). Teams playing for the draw, trusting in the dreaded shootout... but will VAR continue to drastically change football as we know it?

TO THE WEBSITE!

cat

Spoiler

France 0 - 0 Argentina
Uruguay 0 - 1 Portugal
Spain 1 - 0 Russia
Croatia 2 - 0 Denmark
Brazil 1 - 1 Mexico
Belgium 0 - 1 Japan
Sweden 2 - 0 Switzerland
Colombia 0 - 2 England
[close]

Just wild guessing...

selmiak

maybe I should turned my guesses around just because I always predict the wrong way around...

Spoiler
France 0 - 0 Argentina
Uruguay 0 - 2 Portugal
Spain 1 - 1 Russia
Croatia 0 - 0 Denmark
Brazil 2 - 1 Mexico
Belgium 1 - 0 Japan
Sweden 3 - 1 Switzerland
Colombia 1 - 1 England
[close]

Stupot

Thanks all. Just waiting on two more sets of guesses.
Did anyone experience anything strange when entering your predictions? I got a strange blank email with only the team names but all the fields empty (which is weird because the form has default values so it can't just be from someone pressingbsubmitbmy accident).

CaptainD

Cassiebsg

And it's gone... and I missed waaaay to far from the goal again!
Too much faith in Argentina I guess... plus added the last (and only) game I saw by France in the previous round... (roll) I fell like they cheated me! :P
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Okay stay like this please (Uruguay 2 Portugal 1}

Cassiebsg

nah, now I need to cheer for Uruguai :) Go Uruguai!

Cassiebsg

This is crazy, Baron strategy is working pretty good today, at least... (laugh)

ManicMatt

I believe I'm second place.. okaaaay..

This could easily change of course, but still, what is going on! Football bores me to tears!

Cassiebsg

That was an insane 2nd half! 8-0 Guess I didn't gave credit enough to the Japanese... and I was kind of hoping they made it (even though I bet against them). Probably having watched Cap.Tsubasa influenced me... (laugh)

Stupot

Unbelievable, Jeff! Congratulations to England.

And congrats to Selmiak for being the high scorer for the round of 16.

Quarter-final prediction window is now open. Don't forget.

Here's the current table with 8 games to go. Haggis is still ahead.
11 points separates 1st and 2nd place. Interestingly, 11 points also covers the bottom 13 places.

See you in the quarters.

Haggis

Baron

Well, the tie strategy worked pretty well for me last round, so I'm keeping it up:

Uruguay 2 - 2 France
Brazil 2 - 2 Belgium
Sweden 1 - 1 England
Russia 2 - 2 Croatia

Originally I had all 2-2 ties, but Sweden is just so defensive I couldn't bring myself to do it.

CaptainD

Hmm.... tricky.

Uruguay 1 - 1 France    Really tough to predict, France have got goals in them but their defence can clearly be got at, Uruguay rock solid defence with Suarez and Cavani up front... can see this being edgy though.
Brazil 2 - 0 Belgium    Great fight back by Belgium the other day but think Brazil will just have too much for them.
Sweden 1 - 2 England    Bit if a blind guess really.  Know nothing about Sweden other than that they don't have Ibrahimavic any longer.  England actually look a decent team atm.  Think Harry Kane will score all three (or at least claim them all).
Russia 1 - 0 Croatia    Although Croatia are the team I hope win it, I can see home advantage just about pushing this in Russia's favour.

Stupot

Someone has sent me some predictions but didn't fill in the ‘name' field.

I've had three other sets of guesses from Bicilotti, Baron and CaptainD. If you have already sent yours but you're not one of those people, can you either try again or just let me know here.

Cheers :-)

ManicMatt

Oops, I probably shouldn't do it when I have just woken up! I didn't notice the name field..

selmiak

Stupot

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 04/07/2018 09:07:26
Oops, I probably shouldn't do it when I have just woken up! I didn't notice the name field..
Don't worry. I also forgot last round when I did my official entry. Even though I'm the one running it and have tested it dozens of times with different nicknames.

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 04/07/2018 09:25:15
how did I end up in second place??? 8-0 :-D 8-)
Technically, due to the reasons mentioned in an earlier post, you are technically third and Matt is 2nd. That's because in the event of a tie the number of correct scores determines the position. I couldn't get the table to work this out automatically, though.

Sinitrena

I'm doing about as good as the german team...

Uruguay 1 - 2 France
Brazil 1 - 1 Belgium
Sweden 2 - 1 England
Russia 0 - 0 Croatia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk