AGS World Cup 2018 Prediction League (FINISHED - CONGRATULATIONS HAGGIS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 23/03/2018 03:46:14

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I really don't have a clue, this World Cup has been absolutely crazy.  I'm going for a draw in normal time in both games.

France 3 - 3 Belgium
Croatia 1 - 1 England

Privateer Puddin'

Oof. England aren't doing well in your predictions :( It's coming home!*

*It may not come home.

Spoiler
France 2 - 3 Belgium
Croatia 1 - 2 England
[close]

SinSin

Oooh it's close at the finish
Spoiler
France 1 - 2 Belgium
Croatia 0 - 2 England
[close]
Currently working on a project!

cat

Spoiler

France 1 - 2 Belgium
Croatia 2 - 1 England
[close]

Baron

Got online, hopefully in time!

Spoiler

France 2 - 1 Belgium
Croatia 2 - 2 England
[close]

Creamy

Same here

Spoiler
France 2 - 1  Belgium
Craotia 2 - 1 England
[close]

Creamy

Mbappé - what an a**hole.

Good match nonetheless and lucky victory for France with a little help from the referee.

Stupot

Sinitrena wins the semi-finals with 8 points. Well done to you.

The prediction windows for the 3rd place play off and for the final game are now open.

Remember points for the World Cup Final are tripled so there are still 15 points total to play for.
It's up to you if you want to share your guesses here, but I will be leaving the spreadsheet blank until all predictions are in.

Cassiebsg

Oh, any reason why they're not on one page? Uhm... hope I remembered to add my nick second time around... :-[

Anyway
Spoiler

Belgium 1 - 0 England
France 0 - 1 Croatia
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

I've backed Croatia as dark horses since the tournament began so would like to think they can seal the deal.
I think Belgium have far too much individual skill for England, although as always, it depends which version of both sides shows up.  The 3rd place match always feels rather pointless to most viewers, I wonder if the players feel the same?

My (almost definitely wrong) predictions:

Belgium 2 - 0 England
France 1 - 2 Croatia

Stupot

@Cassie. They're on seperate pages because the deadlines are different. So some people might still want to submit their final prediction after I've disabled the link to the 3rd place page.

Sinitrena

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 11/07/2018 22:09:16
Sinitrena wins the semi-finals with 8 points. Well done to you.

Really? That's unexpected.

Spoiler
Belgium 1 - 2 England
France 2 - 2 Croatia
[close]

Miguel R. Fervenza

Continuing my downfall.

Spoiler
Belgium 3 - 1 England
France 1 - 1 Croatia
[close]

Creamy

Surprising turn of events after the first half yesterday.

Spoiler
Belgium 2 - 0 England
France 3 - 0 Croatia
[close]

Stupot

Not everyone has put in their guesses for the final. If you have already, thanks for that. Otherwise, you have until 4pm UK time... but remember the site is closed 2-3 pm.

Remember there are 9 points to be had, so while the tournament may be pretty much over, you still have a chance to gain a few positions against your closest rivals.

Good luck tonight everyone. And thanks for being part of this game.

Stupot

First of all, thank you to everyone who took part in this prediction league. It was great fun to host.
Thanks also to Khris, whose contribution to the spreadsheet four years ago still forms the bones of the spreadsheet used this time.
I hope you all enjoyed it, even though Haggis dominated from quite early on, I hope that you enjoyed some of the tussles going on further down the table.
Shortly I will upload the final adjusted table.

Now to the result. Of course.
Well done to HAGGIS. You are the winner of the tournament.
There is a little prize. I hereby present you with the AGS Prediction League World Cup courtesy of your closest rival, ManicMatt. Thanks Matt.

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/dC6a7Kd.png[/imgzoom]

ManicMatt

Congratulations Haggis! I won't be offended if you don't put the cup in your sig, heh. But thinking about it, I'm glad I didn't win, to be giving my own cup to myself!

The fact I got to second place shows how unpredictable the football was, I think?

Stupot

Here's the final table adjusted to account for criteria I couldn't implement automatically.

CaptainD

Belgium's 2-0 win over England pushed me up to 7th - not too unhappy with that considering I spent most of the group stages in 16th place!

Thanks Stu for hosting this ;-D

Baron

Woot!  4th place! ;-D  My most inspiring moves were blindly carpet-bombing the prediction forms with statistically probable scores and actually showing up to make predictions before deadlines. ;)  Congratulations to Haggis and thanks to Stupot and all the participants for a fun activity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk