UPDATE: Release hopefully at 22:00GMT

-------

Hello all.

I'm hereby introducing you:

Where?
Genre: Serious horror / thriller (ha!)
Scenes: 1
Characters: 5
Features: Cut-scenes, sound effects, some midi music.

"Where" is my first release. All the games before have always grown too big to one make as first his first game, so I decided to force myself to have pretty straight-forward plot, with as little characters and scenes as possible.

The game is made over Easter and will be released tomorrow.

I've also been keeping a progression diary, which will be available to everyone as the game is out. I hope it can be found intresting and maybe it's a possibility to learn too.

At the moment I'm bit behind schedule as I faced some difficulties with several AGS things. Spriting is on schedule, though, so release will be tomorrow, the game just might lack some features I had planned.

And not to make this only blaah, blaah, blaah. Here's the player character Kay:

That animation still needs tweaking as you can see.

If anyone is around tomorrow near the release I would likely give it out for some beta testing. As stated up there the game is fairly short, so it wouldn't probably take longer than hour in total.

Also I think I probably need a proofreader too, but I'll ask it then.

Until tomorrow then, bye!

You never know Where you find yourself when opening your eyes!

Rincewind

Ooh - Sounds horrifying enough for me to play it... ;D
Although that character looks really cool, he doesn't look that scary, though...  

Oh well, enough of my yappin' and good luck with the game!

Eggie

That character animation is really cool.

I find things with no-face scary.

Mikko

Quote from: Rincewind on Mon 21/04/2003 14:29:37
Although that character looks really cool, he doesn't look that scary, though...  
Well, wouldn't it be sad if you had to scare yourself. ;)

I'm still way behind schedule. Though I will release it today, it'll lack some/many things I was thinking. And it wont be too polished, I'm afraid.

I still think it'll be worth checking to anyone. Just to get a good laugh, if nothing more. :)

Thank you for your comments!

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

It's so refreshing to have someone who's making a game with a "pretty straight-forward plot, with as little characters and scenes as possible" as their first game instead of "OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS GONNA BE SO COOL ITS GONNA BE LIKE THE BEST EVER AND IM GONNA SELL IT AND WHOO (P.S. IM LOOKING FOR CHARACTER ARTISTS BACKGROUND ARTISTS MUSICIANS VOICE ACTORS PLOT WRITERS SPELL CHECKERS AND PROGRAMMERS TO MAKE THIS GAME FOR ME)"

Trapezoid

By the way, this isn't the Critics forum, but you should probably delete a couple of frames from the walk animation. His left leg seems to take longer to take a step than his right.

Rincewind

Quote from: Mikko on Mon 21/04/2003 16:01:20
Quote from: Rincewind on Mon 21/04/2003 14:29:37
Well, wouldn't it be sad if you had to scare yourself. ;)

Yeah, that would be bad - I mean, since when was a horror game designed to scare people, eh? ;D

Btw, I just meant that he looked kind of funny when I first saw him, but I'm sure it'll be different when you play the game.

Mikko

Archangel:
Yeah, this has always been my idea when making the first game (and now we're talking first game going to release, one need to do things for just him/herself at first). Anyway, I'd still suggest that instead of doing it like me (4 days -> game finished), one should not set any deadlines whatsoever, only keep in mind to keep it small.

Trap:
Are you sure about that? It should be correct (8 frames, 4 for both legs to take the step).

Rincewind:
Yeah, no problem, the game is bit turning into comedy after all. That was something I was afraid (so basically it's horror for me ;)).

Coming out soon!

Trapezoid

I think it's just not balanced right... The leg on the left seems to take longer pulling back, and the left on the right takes longer moving forward. Oh well, when he's in motion you won't really be able to tell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk