MAGS April "Sequels, Prequels and Reboots, Oh My!" (RESULT)

Started by MAGS Host, Mon 02/04/2018 01:04:26

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS April?

ââ,¬ËœReef Rivers in When Time Stopsââ,¬â,,¢ by Slasher
5 (45.5%)
ââ,¬ËœSlay the Dragon IIââ,¬â,,¢ by TGames
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Thu 17/05/2018 23:57:18

Slasher

Can you find and bring back the Ring of Power that can stop time itself?

Storyline:

After travelling to Glasburgh University, to attend lectures by Professor Higgins you find yourself volunteering for a dangerous quest for Professor Higgins who believes, through ancient scrolls that he has finally found the location of the Ring of Power. He wants you to fly to Assabar, India and enter the secret hidden Temple of Bhindiwara and find and bring back the Ring of Power that can stop time itself!

The Ring of Power was once worn by Shabgur, an evil warlord of India. He turned the seasons to eternal winters and the daylight to nights. During a bloody battle, Shabgur lost his hand with the Ring of Power on and so retreated.

The Bhindiwara's found that they could not smash or melt the Ring so decided to hide it in a secret, hidden temple so that man could never again have the power to stop time.

The Ring of Power has remained in the Temple of Bhindiwara for over two thousand years.

* Don't worry if you do something really silly and die...you can't keep a good man down thanks to a Save Game restore function.
* You are no James Bond and only equip yourself with a rope as you set off on your quest.
* Overcome the most devious obstacles.
* Using Professor Higgins' notes you explore the Chambers in the Temple of Bhindiwara.
* How fast can you complete your quest and return with the Ring of Power?... your time is revealed at the end. (laugh)
* The fastest time by May 12th (with a screen shot of proof) will be awarded the certificate of 'Legendary artifact hunter' signed by Reef Rivers himself (nod)

The question is: Are you alone?

Screenshots

Specs:
1024 X 768
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

Download Game here

VampireWombat

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Tue 03/04/2018 18:51:36
I know that the rules say prequels and sequels, but the topic has the word reboot.
Would a reboot of a previous game I made be okay? It would have completely new graphics, new dialog,be 3rd person instead of 1st person, and have more characters, rooms, and puzzles.

Slasher

I think reworking a previous game is ok if you changed the graphics...

HanaIndiana

VampireWombat

Alright, a reboot it is. Now to learn how to make the graphics in Inkscape, find a name for the main character that's not shared by a baseball player, and get a new box of paper for the monkey typewriter room...

TGames

Oh dang, I just realized that the last game I made is a sequel to a previous game and was started and completed entirely in April. I wasn't thinking of Mags when I made it, but would you guys be okay if I submitted it as an entry?

Slasher

If it was started in April I don't see why not...

TGames

Great! I'm gonna add some sound to it and then fix any bugs that have been found and then I'll officially submit it.

Mandle

Awesome! Slay The Dragon II is on my to-play list for next week (week-long holiday here in Japan) and it's cool to know that I can play it with sound etc.

TGames

Alright. I went and added sound and fixed a bug that someone had already found so here it is.

Slay the Dragon II

You are hunting down a dragon. Find a way to get into its temple and defeat it once and for all.
This is a sequel to a REALLY bad game i made in about an hour a while ago.

I hope you all enjoy it, I had a lot of fun making it.

Here is the page in completed game announcements.

Here is the game page.

Slasher

Another holiday Mandle >:(

Anymore takers for this months MAG competition?

Sand is seeping away (laugh)

VampireWombat

I'm still working on my game.
Everything is more or less on schedule. I'm slowly working on bits a couple of hours a day and will be doing animation and refinements this weekend.

Shadow1000

I replayed it to see what it's like with the sound. BIG improvement! The sound effects really bring the game to life.

I'm glad you entered the MAGS so there's more than one entry as the end of the month draweth nigh...

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Thu 26/04/2018 06:52:41
Another holiday Mandle >:(

Sorry, mate. I think I mentioned in a MAGS thread somewhere that I'm taking a break from MAGS for a bit to finish "A Martyr Of Time" as a full-length game.

Slasher

TGames: Welcome on board... and yes, better with sound (nod)

VampireWombat: Hope you can meet the deadline so nose down (nod)

Good luck everyone (nod)

Mandle: You can take your time and get things just perfect. Parser's can at times be tricky (nod)

VampireWombat

I am still more or less on track with where I planned to be. I should have everything completed and tested by 6 or 7 pm my time tomorrow.

VampireWombat

I fear I have to back out of the competition after all. Enough minor issues keep popping up that there's just no way I can finish in time for the deadline.

Stupot

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 30/04/2018 22:20:49
I fear I have to back out of the competition after all. Enough minor issues keep popping up that there's just no way I can finish in time for the deadline.
How much time do you need VW? I'm not really able to close the contest yet anyway.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 01/05/2018 00:09:18How much time do you need VW? I'm not really able to close the contest yet anyway.
2 days should give me enough time to either fix the problems or find a workaround.

Stupot

Quote from: VampireWombat on Tue 01/05/2018 00:31:18
Quote from: Stupot on Tue 01/05/2018 00:09:18How much time do you need VW? I'm not really able to close the contest yet anyway.
2 days should give me enough time to either fix the problems or find a workaround.
Okay. Two more days suits me. I'm currently on holiday at the moment and sorting the voting out in my phone is a pain in the asphalt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk