<html>
<head>
	<title>AGS Editor Version Stats</title>
</head>

<body>

<h2>Total Unique Users: 0</h2>
</body>

AGA

It works if you pass parameters: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/stats.php?start=2018-01&end=2018-05.  There's a lot of data in there (228,697 rows at time of posting), so your browser would probably explode if it tried to return all results.

morganw

Thanks for clarifying. :)
What would be the initial start date for the data, if I wanted to go from the beginning?

cat

Wow, I think the number of users is amazing! I didn't know that AGS is that popular. Thanks to all editor and engine developers for making and maintaining a tool that is used by so many people.

Crimson Wizard

Hi AGA, would it be possible to add a table line which shows total users per version? (Unless I did not notice one)

(Currently one could rely on .NET Version table, because it usually has small number of entries)

EDIT: Also... newest 3.4.2 alpha either does not report .NET version correctly, or the server does not get reported value correctly.
I recall something was changed in there.

AGA

So it turns out that the logic I used previously might not have been entirely accurate (elevating the user numbers a bit).  Still a decent number in total, but not as high as it might have appeared.  Also note that it's per IP per version, so if one IP used multiple versions, that person is of course counted multiple times.

Quote from: morganw on Sat 07/04/2018 23:56:41
Thanks for clarifying. :)
What would be the initial start date for the data, if I wanted to go from the beginning?

2008-07.  Although the parameters are parsed in such a way that you could probably enter 0001-01 and it'd return the same results.

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 08/04/2018 10:16:22
Hi AGA, would it be possible to add a table line which shows total users per version? (Unless I did not notice one)

(Currently one could rely on .NET Version table, because it usually has small number of entries)

EDIT: Also... newest 3.4.2 alpha either does not report .NET version correctly, or the server does not get reported value correctly.
I recall something was changed in there.

Done. 

The .NET versions are being stored as zero for that version, but not sure why, or whether the script is actually receiving zeroes...  The datatype was set to decimal 20,0 (length 20, but zero after the point), but that shouldn't really cause zeroes to be stored.  If you want, I can just store the versions as varchars, so the exact x.y.z version of the framework is stored, rather than losing precision.

morganw

Is there any chance of getting a copy of the database?

AGA

You'd have to have the database without the IP addresses, which would remove the unique identifiers, making it harder to use...

morganw

Could you hash the addresses with a random salt and let the webserver return the original data plus the hash (rather than only a count summary). It would be slow too do this hash dynamically, but since all data except the current month is not going to change you could just process offline and serve static files.

AGA

morganw

That's great, thanks. I've downloaded a copy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk