Game disables audio

Started by Dave Gilbert, Sat 28/04/2018 15:57:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

One of my beta testers for Unavowed is telling me that the game is disabling his audio hardware. Here is his message describing the issue:

I still have the old issue, that the game disables my sound. As I start the game I get a pop-up from Adventure Game Studio: Unable to initialize your audio hardware. [Problem: ] The game starts after this error anyway.

Disabling and enabling my sound device doesn't fix it, only restart. Not sure if there is another way to fix this and get sound for the game. I have this mainboard with only the integrated sound card:
https://msi.com/Motherboard/970-GAMING.html
Here is a screen capture of the error the tester received:

Any light shedding appreciated! The game was built in AGS v3.4.1.12.

Crimson Wizard

To clarify, when he sais "game is disabling his audio hardware", this means that audio stops working completely after he runs AGS game until he restarts computer?

What sound settings does he have in AGS setup?

Dave Gilbert

I've asked the tester! I also suggested he follow up here himself to make things a bit faster.

ManicMatt

Have they tried loading up a different AGS made game since this error? To see if it does the same thing.

Dave Gilbert

Update from the tester:

I didn't change anything on the PC, but as I started the game now, it has no issues anymore.
As I first started it, I just got the error and lost sound, the audio device got not disabled in the audio device list, it just didn't work anymore. Also disabling-enabling didn't help.
Not sure which AGS setup they mean, I just installed the Steam version and started it, didn't change anything inside or outside of game. I saw the volume was all on max in the game settings.
Now all works fine, strange...

So... problem solved? I asked the tester to clarify if they only had this issue ONCE or if it happened several times before it began working. I also explained what the setup file was. Either way, thanks for the help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk