MAGS May “Rats” (RESULTS)

Started by MAGS Host, Mon 30/04/2018 23:03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS May?

Rainbow Skunk Prism and the Vermin-Truder
2 (11.1%)
The Rat Pack Do Cheesy Castle
2 (11.1%)
The Rat Pack
2 (11.1%)
Commando Raid
5 (27.8%)
Rat Playing Game
1 (5.6%)
The Burgomaster
1 (5.6%)
Lab Rat Maze!
0 (0%)
Echo in the Clouds
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: Mon 25/06/2018 00:11:30

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 06/05/2018 18:52:38
Damn Mandle! Now I can no longer make that Rat Maze I was thinking of... (laugh)

Why not? At least yours will probably be a game and even get finished maybe!

Cassiebsg

It'll only get finished if I stop delaying the start... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Hobo

Worked on the interface and set up some menus and sliders today. Was a rather productive day.

Radiant

Hmmm... this is really asking for an Indiana Rodent sequel :grin:

Hobo

Well, I took a rest day today and enjoyed the sunny weather.
I did spend some time to create a custom font though:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/d5ACVPO.png[/imgzoom]
How's everyone else's progress? MAGS has been on for over a week now, anyone got anything playable or exhilarating to show?

VampireWombat

Beyond research and re-watch Pluto Nash, I haven't accomplished much yet. But I have figured out a (probably inefficient) way of adding more interaction with objects. But it's not quite 4:30 yet, so I should be playing around with AGS for 2-4 hours this evening/night.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 08/05/2018 18:37:32
Hmmm... this is really asking for an Indiana Rodent sequel :grin:

Don't. Just don't. I instantly want to do it/play it/join in. It hurts. :-D

Creamy

QuoteI started writing a daily (hopefully) gamejam log at blog.tulevik.eu
It's a cool read. I'm appreciative of people who can make a game and keep a diary with such time constraints.

Nice doctor Blondbraid. Dropped Monocle games had a project with a similar looking character. I wonder what it became.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 09/05/2018 10:31:31
QuoteI started writing a daily (hopefully) gamejam log at blog.tulevik.eu
It's a cool read.

+1 Really nice blog. And even if it wasn't nice, there are pretty pixel art pictures. One's gotta love pretty pixel art pictures.

Hobo

Thanks, Creamy and Monsieur OUXX. Writing the blog is probably the easiest part of the day, takes about 15-20 minutes. Also, it sort of forces and motivates me to create daily content and assets for the game, otherwise I wouldn't have anything to show.

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 09/05/2018 10:31:31
Dropped Monocle games had a project with a similar looking character. I wonder what it became.
Yeah, Autoblight, but Sox hasn't logged in the forums for almost a year, so who knows what has or will become of it. I think there were a couple of other AGS games with plague doctors, but it's a cool concept and I'd certainly like to see more.

Slasher

The Rat pack do Cheesywood: Video one in production

Stupot

Nice to see lots of rodent-based activity in this thread. Keep it up, folks.

But... where is Tabata? I'd have thought she'd enjoy this topic.

Hobo

Nice work, Slasher, that's an amazing amount of content already.

It was day 5 for me. Tested Snarky's SpeechBubble module and made a bunch of animations.
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/w5w7nBb.gif[/imgzoom]
[imgzoom]https://imgur.com/aUgtvCO.gif[/imgzoom]

DBoyWheeler

I myself am nearly done with the sprites of the main character in my game.  Hopefully I might even make a spritesheet for showing off to you.

[Update]
Here's the spritesheet of the protagonist, Prism O'Breacadhanlae.

I know the positions look wonky, but I said it before--animation ain't one of my strengths.

Well, next up on the agenda is working on the antagonist--the rat-man (and the "rat" to fit the theme) that's messing up Prism's greenhouse.

VampireWombat

Well, I feel quite behind...
All I managed to accomplish yesterday was getting lost on Pinterest looking for reference pictures...
But today's goals are to create low detail characters and backgrounds so that I can make sure to actually have a playable game.

Kinkilla

Hmm, everything looks very promising!
Especially the char. spritesheets of Hobe... Damn, they're looking amazing.

And I also prepared a screenshot to join the game. :)

Mandle

My idea kind of crashed and burned when I realized I hadn't thought through the AI logic properly to the end and that I didn't actually have the shortcut to a robust AI system that I thought I did.

I'm now back full-time on "A Martyr Of Time". Got a ton of work done on it yesterday. Looking good!

Best of luck to the amazing-looking projects in this round so far!

Can't wait to play all of them!

Hobo

Another day filled with jam. Set up the whole game world today, there are 5 playable rooms.

@VampireWombat - I know the feeling, I could look at reference pics all day long.

@DBoyWheeler - You should probably take some time at one point and try to create a proper walk cycle base that you could then reuse for future games, it's been a bit wonky in some of your previous games too. Also, that's a great name for a character and I do like the colorfulness.

@Kinkilla - Is that GUI background made of cheese? If so, then that's delicious.

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 10/05/2018 14:54:01
My idea kind of crashed and burned when I realized I hadn't thought through the AI logic properly to the end and that I didn't actually have the shortcut to a robust AI system that I thought I did.
Thank god, AI's are the devil's work :-D Another doomsday prevented. Looking forward to "A Martyr Of Time", do you plan on making a game in production thread for it?

Mandle

Quote from: Hobo on Thu 10/05/2018 23:40:26
Looking forward to "A Martyr Of Time", do you plan on making a game in production thread for it?

God no, I hate making those things. It's enough making a game without having to update a thread about it as well. (laugh)

Pinback

(WIP)

I may or may not have inserted myself into a team midway through this MAGS. In May. Hey, that rhymes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk