MAGS May “Rats” (RESULTS)

Started by MAGS Host, Mon 30/04/2018 23:03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS May?

Rainbow Skunk Prism and the Vermin-Truder
2 (11.1%)
The Rat Pack Do Cheesy Castle
2 (11.1%)
The Rat Pack
2 (11.1%)
Commando Raid
5 (27.8%)
Rat Playing Game
1 (5.6%)
The Burgomaster
1 (5.6%)
Lab Rat Maze!
0 (0%)
Echo in the Clouds
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: Mon 25/06/2018 00:11:30

Mandle

Well, after waaaaay too much fooling around with code today my rat can finally run from the start of the game to the end goal...

Now I just have to make it a "bit" more difficult to get there...

Slasher

Looks like they'll be quite a few AI's and obstacles.... great idea there Mandle...

Meantime I am working on a Dungeon scene should you get caught trying to sneak into King Rats castle where you are sure to get skinned if you don't get out of there!!!!

Game progress: 50%

DBoyWheeler

Well, I'm now in the programming phase.  The rooms, characters,and inventory are ready.  It'll be "silent" (no music or sound fx for this one... couldn't find any appropriate ones).  But I sorta consider this game, in reality, a sort of "proof of concept" for this skunk girl, so I might hopefully someday put her in some more "fleshed out" adventures (i.e. medium length game or longer).

Cassiebsg

Well, I got an intro and and end now... (nod) Just need the "middle"... (laugh) (and solve a restart bug (roll) )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Hobo

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 18/05/2018 00:43:18
But now I wonder how long your game is going to be if you still need to put in all that work. I still haven't given up hope of finishing by tomorrow night and I've put in less work in total than you have in 2 days.
It's not that long actually. Most of my time was spent on animations, since I'm still a fairly unexperienced artist, it takes me quite some time to draw and animate sprites. And I'm testing out multiple features that I haven't scripted in AGS before, so this has also slowed me down. I guess you could say that I have simply been inefficient with my time.

It's great too see all these updates and progress people are making. Hopefully they all get finished and released too.

Cassiebsg

Hobo, Mags is great for experimenting and learning. (nod)
Well, Gurok has improved the code, so now I can finish coding those puzzles we all love... cause otherwise you just run the maze with nothing else to do. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

@Hobo I quite understand. Most of my time has been spent learning how to make graphics in Inkscape and then animating them in Spriter Pro. At this point I'm not even sure I have a single thing done that's going in my final game...
But your art and animations look quite nice. So I'd say the time is well spent, even if it takes awhile.

Pinback

Decided to make all our music/ambient sound from scratch for this MAGS because I am a sucker for punishment. Here's one of 5 tracks I made tonight;

https://soundcloud.com/gobletleechen/crew-quarters-ambient-track

selmiak

decided to add some life to pinback's already awesome background(s)

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/oaj2TOM.gif[/imgzoom]

Slasher

It's not fair :(

Meanwhile mine is retitled:

The Rat Pack do Cheeseycastle...

Blondbraid

Here's a new screenshot from our entry:

Mandle

Why do I get the feeling that bucket is going to end up on that guard's head? Just too much Skyrim?

CaptainD

I had an idea for an entry working along with someone else, but he isn't able to due to time constraints... so I've come up with another idea that I think I can handle myself in the remaining week and a bit that's left.  If I can, I'll post again - if not I'll go and hide in a corner!

Kastchey

selmiak, I love what you did with Pinback's (already awesome indeed) background. This is an absolutely AMAZING effect.

CaptainD

I'm slightly stunned to find myself with a working prototype having only decided to start working on this thing tonight.

It's not pretty, but here's the proof:

Slightly better...

DBoyWheeler

I finally got my entry submitted.

Behold: Rainbow Skunk Prism and the Vermin-Truder

The completed game announcement is here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56088
And here it is in the main AGS games list: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2254/

selmiak

@Kastchey: Thanks. But now my teammates want me to do this to all backgrounds 8-0

Stupot

@DBoy - Well done for finishing your game already. Do consider adding something in the way of background music or noise. You've still got a week to go.

selmiak

yeah, grab a track from eric matyas or search for "royalty free" (music) on soundcloud, listen to some tracks until you find a fitting one and add this. this would be way cooler than a silent game.

DBoyWheeler

Okay, I updated it to include music and sound--courtesy of RPG Maker 2000.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk