Jibble

Author Topic: Porting game to MonoAGS  (Read 7007 times)

tzachs

• Local Moderator
  • Parking Goat- games that goats like!
    • I can help with translating
    • tzachs worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Porting game to MonoAGS
« Reply #100 on: 29 Jan 2019, 02:22 »
Okay, setting the pivot of each sprite to 0.5 did it.
Great to hear!

I reuse some sprites for various animations and making separate folders for it would be unnecessary overhead. I'll stick to manual sprite creation for now.
Sure.
Hopefully when the editor is ready it will allow you to share the sprites without having to work so hard for it.

cat

• Mittens Baronet
  • Rhonda Reindeer
    • cat worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • cat worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #101 on: 29 Jan 2019, 09:00 »
Hopefully when the editor is ready it will allow you to share the sprites without having to work so hard for it.
For me it is not a question of working hard to set up the folder structure, but of "don't repeat yourself". If I have the same sprite in various folders and want to change it, I have to take care to replace every instance of it. Also, with high-res games, this could increase size (granted, not with my three mouse sprites, but you get the idea).

tzachs

• Local Moderator
  • Parking Goat- games that goats like!
    • I can help with translating
    • tzachs worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #102 on: 29 Jan 2019, 12:27 »
For me it is not a question of working hard to set up the folder structure, but of "don't repeat yourself". If I have the same sprite in various folders and want to change it, I have to take care to replace every instance of it. Also, with high-res games, this could increase size (granted, not with my three mouse sprites, but you get the idea).
By "working hard" I meant writing all of that code that you wrote in order not to duplicate the sprites. The editor will generate that code for you.

cat

• Mittens Baronet
  • Rhonda Reindeer
    • cat worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • cat worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #103 on: 29 Jan 2019, 19:05 »
👍